Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Recent Nellcote Pics
Posted by: theanchorman ()
Date: February 10, 2011 02:25

Check out the link below for some semi recent (2008) shots of Nellcote...
My God..the place looks beautiful! Would love to get some new shots of the basement

[picasaweb.google.com]#

Re: Recent Nellcote Pics
Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: February 10, 2011 02:42

Absolutely awesome. I wonder if it's one of those places that you can rent for $10,000 a day or something.

Date: February 10, 2011 02:49

I don't know - those people are obviously loaded beyond belief...

I'd give almost anything to be able to just walk through the place once lol

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 10, 2011 08:31

I don't remember mention of a pool before. Can you imagine how trashed out that place probably looked when it was junkie central?

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:41

Beautiful shots! The house looks so much brighter in color than in the famous Dominique Tarle B&W shots often seen. I can't understand why Keith chose to live in Connecticut rather than the South of France? If I could afford to live anywhere I think this is where I'd be...for the spring and summer anyway. I've heard the house is now owned by a Russian billionaire. I wonder of Keith has been back for a visit since he left in 1971?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-10 09:46 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:49

Fantastic. I was there in October and only got pics of the front gate sad smiley How were these pics obtained?

Looks like the pool and one of the terraces are new since Exile days. Much of the rest looks exactly the same as in the Tarlé pis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-10 10:49 by Bliss.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 10, 2011 10:20

Now that's what I call a nice place to spend a vacation

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 10, 2011 10:32

Beautiful place, I must say. Looks much nicer than in the Dominique Tarle pics. Is it possible that this place was a rather rotten one, maintenancewise I mean, in the Exile days?

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: February 10, 2011 11:02

According to Dominique, the garden in those days (between the house and the street) was a very dense jungle, with rare tropical plants and trees. It created a separation between the house and the outside world. This garden has been destroyed, only a few trees were left when I saw the place from the street in 2006.

As for the brightness, Dominique also said the light was wonderful there.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 10, 2011 11:20

Exile off Main St

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 10, 2011 11:30

Since you like castles...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 10, 2011 11:46

.....Rocks Off ..........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: February 10, 2011 12:38

What about the Swastika vents in the basement?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 10, 2011 14:40

TornAndFried
Beautiful shots! The house looks so much brighter in color than in the famous Dominique Tarle B&W shots often seen. I can't understand why Keith chose to live in Connecticut rather than the South of France? If I could afford to live anywhere I think this is where I'd be...for the spring and summer anyway. I've heard the house is now owned by a Russian billionaire. I wonder of Keith has been back for a visit since he left in 1971?

I understand it is now owned by an Italian banker family. They bought it for 8 million dollar in the 90's, which does not seem a lot if you look at the house and location.

Mathijs

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 10, 2011 15:25

its the basement...its all about the basement...

Posted by: jacopo ()
Date: February 10, 2011 15:31

Mathijs
I understand it is now owned by an Italian banker family. They bought it for 8 million dollar in the 90's, which does not seem a lot if you look at the house and location.
Mathijs
when we visited Nellcote in 2008 (two weeks before these shots) the Villa was owned by a Russian millionaire, he payed 100 millions euro for Nellcote!
By the way, fantastic pics!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-10 15:31 by jacopo.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: February 10, 2011 15:34

Nice pics, but yes, it's all about the basement!!

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: February 10, 2011 15:44

Geez

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 10, 2011 15:52

They've ruined it!

Date: February 10, 2011 17:07

dead.flowers
Beautiful place, I must say. Looks much nicer than in the Dominique Tarle pics. Is it possible that this place was a rather rotten one, maintenancewise I mean, in the Exile days?

it's been said that in 1971 nellcote was in a deteriorated, delapidated state. Even back then nellcote had the Pool...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:09

Wow! A mini-Versailles!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:52

jacopo
Mathijs
Mathijs
when we visited Nellcote in 2008 (two weeks before these shots) the Villa was owned by a Russian millionaire, he payed 100 millions euro for Nellcote!

Sounds far-fetched to me. €100,000,000?

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: February 10, 2011 19:54

[www.telegraph.co.uk] seems to corroborate the 100 mil.

OLDKR

Date: February 10, 2011 20:37

Redhotcarpet
They've ruined it!

I don't like how they closed in the bottom level patio...

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 10, 2011 20:40

oldkr
[www.telegraph.co.uk] seems to corroborate the 100 mil.

OLDKR

The 100 million euro price paid by the Russian billionaire seems inflated. My guess would be more like $15 million...but I'm no expert. There are also several other inaccuracies with this story. For one, Keith paid a lot more than the $2500 per month rent quoted here. I read the figure was closer to $22,000 per month - which would be about $200K in today's dollars - and I think he continued to pay rent for only another 4 months or so after he moved out....not another year as reported here. (He probably had a 12-month lease.) I never heard about the "rent with an option to buy" before so who knows if that is true. "The Telegraph" is even less reliable than many of the people who post here so I wouldn't count on the things they said in this article as being factual.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-12 07:29 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 10, 2011 22:39

Elmo Lewis
Wow! A mini-Versailles!

confused smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 10, 2011 22:39

jacopo
Mathijs
Mathijs

So the banker made a good profit. It is a fact they paid $8 million for it in the 90's.

While I am no expert at all on luxury property in the South of France, I guess $100 mil seems a bit far fetched as could buy you Buckingham Palace....

Mathijs

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 10, 2011 23:34

"I guess $100 mil seems a bit far fetched as could buy you Buckingham Palace...."

If it's 100 Mil of dirty money it's dirt cheap. In Switzerland no-frill houses around the Leman lake go 50 times more than what they're really worth. Guess why...
Laundromat time! smoking smiley

Plus having a haven in a safe country is worthless if troubled times come...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-11 16:02 by dcba.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 11, 2011 00:03

Mathijs
While I am no expert at all on luxury property in the South of France,....

Mathijs

Mathjis ,no offense meant but you can't be the best at everything -I can't play guitar but I am an expert on luxury (& on the South of France as well smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: jacopo ()
Date: February 11, 2011 11:24

that's what the gardener said to me when we entered in '08, don't know if it's real or not, but for me it's possibile if you think that Nellcote is a French national monument, on Cap Ferrat Cote d'Azur, with a very big garden on the sea, the pool, 3 floors, the owners can't modify the secular trees and the generally structure cause it's protected.... and it's one of the best places in the world!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1857
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home