Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Darryl Jones
Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: September 24, 2013 23:14

Ronny is a really good bass player. How about Mick Taylor back on lead and Ronny on bass? Any thoughts?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-25 15:03 by bv.

Re: Dump Daryl Jones?
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 24, 2013 23:17

yes-

they all like Darryl..

Posted by: kwf ()
Date: September 24, 2013 23:20

Only if Bill comes back...

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: September 24, 2013 23:22

No way!

The truth is, Darryl is keeping it all together on stage (along with Chuck of course). Charlie is great, of course, but sometimes his timing is a little of, especially when he's playing a break.

Daryll is a very stable player, he's keeping the time and the groove.

Oh, and I liked his playing a lot at Hyde Park.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 24, 2013 23:25

There is no way in the world they are making any sort of shakeups like that. Ron is not playing bass for the Stones and Mick T. is not returning. If they continue, it will be the same band on tour, for certain.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 24, 2013 23:40

Papo
No way!

The truth is, Darryl is keeping it all together on stage (along with Chuck of course). Charlie is great, of course, but sometimes his timing is a little of, especially when he's playing a break.

Daryll is a very stable player, he's keeping the time and the groove.

Oh, and I liked his playing a lot at Hyde Park.

This.

Ronnie is not a bass player and never was. Too many notes. Keith and Taylor has made some nice ideas on bass, but again they are guitarists and doesn't have the skills to play the instrument with integrity.

The above quote about Charlie, is true...

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 24, 2013 23:50

I don't think he's dumb. Oh, sorry, misread it.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 24, 2013 23:52

Unless Bill comes back there's no reason to drum Daryl. 1, he is nowhere near as bad as everyone says. 2, none of the 3 guitarists we want in this band should be playing bass full time. And 3, Daryl seems like a really nice guy who is only trying to help us out by playing bass full time when no one else wants to.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 25, 2013 00:09

Ron Wood and Mick Taylor are guitar players, whereas Darryl is a bass player. And you want a bass player in the bass player's role, rather than a guitar player.

Of course we would all love to have Bill Wyman back to give it that classic sound and chemistry, but this is the post-Bill Wyman era, and since the O2 shows, it is now also the post-reconciliation era.

Darryl does a good enough job, and without being flashy. Keith seems to enjoy jamming off of him onstage, which he rarely did with Wyman, and Charlie is the one who chose him, so we just have to go with that.

Besides, it took several months for the band to audition a new bass player, and they're not about to undertake the hassle of such a chore at this point unless they absolutely have to. The "engine room" is not broke, so just let it function as is.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 25, 2013 01:16

you must be joking. if you were going to start cleaning house, there are 2 or 3 others that you would more obviously start with.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: September 25, 2013 01:24

IrisC
Ronny is a really good bass player. How about Mick Taylor back on lead and Ronny on bass? Any thoughts?

Too late.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: September 25, 2013 01:26

treaclefingers
you must be joking. if you were going to start cleaning house, there are 2 or 3 others that you would more obviously start with.

Two or three others??? There's only 4 in the band.

Date: September 25, 2013 01:26

Darryl just came off his best Stones tour ever, whether we like his style or not, imom

Posted by: wildhorse76 ()
Date: September 25, 2013 01:27

IrisC

Don't underestimate Darryl's contribution to post Bill Wyman show's. Do you think Ronnie would have the discipline to keep the groove together ? - A good Bass player should go unnoticed - is that Ronnie ? - Maybe the question now is Ronnie or MT ?

Date: September 25, 2013 01:28

6s7s9s
treaclefingers

Two or three others??? There's only 4 in the band.

Look, I'm not here to cause trouble.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: September 25, 2013 01:37

I thought IrisC had a good idea.

Bill can't be bothered. He's treasure-hunting.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 25, 2013 01:38

Ron is a damn FINE bassist..his work on Jeff Beck's LPs are great..I say let Ron and MT switch back and forth as the song dictates and yes, MT is a capable bassist himself..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-25 01:39 by scottkeef.

Posted by: wildhorse76 ()
Date: September 25, 2013 01:48

scottkeef
Ron is a damn FINE bassist..his work on Jeff Beck's LPs are great..I say let Ron and MT switch back and forth as the song dictates and yes, MT is a capable bassist himself..

He is also a damn fine lead guitarist if allowed - his playing on the Faces live shows is incredible. I think he compromised just to be 'IN' the Stones.but if we have to go forward with one lead and one rhythm guitarist for future Stones - Who would it be ?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: September 25, 2013 02:14

wildhorse76
scottkeef

He is also a damn fine lead guitarist if allowed - his playing on the Faces live shows is incredible. I think he compromised just to be 'IN' the Stones.but if we have to go forward with one lead and one rhythm guitarist for future Stones - Who would it be ?

If Bill isn't in for the job it should be Ronnie. He can do it and it's good for his self-discipline. Then we have Taylor and Keith together again. The so called 3 guitar attack didn't work and Taylor has inspired Keith visibly and audibly. Would be great.

Date: September 25, 2013 02:33

kleermaker
wildhorse76
scottkeef

If Bill isn't in for the job it should be Ronnie. He can do it and it's good for his self-discipline. Then we have Taylor and Keith together again. The so called 3 guitar attack didn't work and Taylor has inspired Keith visibly and audibly. Would be great.

If Bill isn't in it for the job, don't we already have Darryl?

Taylor can fill for Ronnie, who's really filling for Keith. I mean how many good shows can Keith still have left in him? It was a herculean effort to accomplish what they did in the last tour, we should be very happy with that.

Ditching Darryl right now is beyond ridiculous.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 25, 2013 02:36

Charlie picked him. Are you saying you know better than Charlie?

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 25, 2013 02:42

eye rolling smileyThis againconfused smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 25, 2013 02:51

If that happened, put Taylor on bass cos he has the right size of belly for it.

Date: September 25, 2013 02:53

What about John Paul Jones on bass? He's not up to much lately.

Date: September 25, 2013 02:54

shadooby
What about John Paul Jones on bass? He's not up to much lately.

Far too good.

Date: September 25, 2013 02:55

Jack Bruce?

Date: September 25, 2013 02:59

shadooby
Jack Bruce?

Same again.