Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Photo of Tina Turner with the Stones '81
Posted by: Spwade ()
Date: October 12, 2007 21:59

Hi everybody,

I know it's a long shot but I'm trying to find a photo of Tina Turner sitting in with the Stones at the Meadowlands back in '81. I've seen two different photos, one b&w and the color. I've done some research online but have come up empty. Can any kind soul out there steer me in the right direction?

Thanks to all in advance!

Re: Photo of Tina Turner with the Stones '81
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 12, 2007 23:09

IT seems to me that this is quite the cheeky request. Something that could potentially send Keith into a "rage."

Only Rockman knows...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 12, 2007 23:19

Arrrr the pressures that are bestowed upon one.....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 13, 2007 01:58

No creds.......

ROCKMAN

Date: October 13, 2007 02:01

No creds......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: October 13, 2007 15:18

Nice ones, Rockman.

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: October 13, 2007 15:54

I was there....just awesome.

Date: October 13, 2007 15:55

There's more but I just gotta find 'em....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 13, 2007 17:58

smile: those are great - thank you Rockman!

Date: October 14, 2007 00:34

There's Keith in one of his racist rages.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 14, 2007 01:20

I quote Cross...
"WHen Tina Turner showed up backstage, November 6th 1981 - Keith was absolutely furious. He jumped on CHarlie's shoulders, shouting the N word in Tina's direction. After Charlie had carried him out of there, Keith phoned Mick Jaggers parents, telling them that Jagger was seeing a woman, wearing nothing but a dressing gown."
edit: November 6th - not 5th

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-14 01:55 by Erik_Snow.

Date: October 14, 2007 01:43

That hussy!

Thank God Keith was looking out for Mick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-14 04:24 by stonesrule.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: September 5, 2013 04:03

[www.iorr.org]

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 5, 2013 09:06

I never heard that Keith/Tina "accident".

Strangely, this was about the time when Keith Richards was about "coolest" ever and his image has never been so high that whatever he did, played, looked, said in interviews, etc. was something god-like, a symptom of coolness, to a young fan boy like me (and still those photos or tapes don't lie). This exactly was the time frame when the 'whole world' recognized that the true heart and soul and hero of the band is Keith Richards by the very expanse of Mick Jagger.

But more I get to know what actually happened 'behind the screen' by the turn and beginning of the 80's, more 'uglier' it has turned to be for Keith, who really acted child-like and was seemingly "unbearable" (to use his own word) at times (and I actually now sympathize more Jagger during those times, and I very well understand and accept his will to get rid of the Stones, from Keith that is).

Sometimes 'knowledge' hurts things, especially your once romantic ideas of your heroes.grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-05 09:10 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 5, 2013 10:31

Doxa
I never heard that Keith/Tina "accident".

Maybe because it never happened ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: September 5, 2013 10:39

Keith doesn't really look furious, does he? grinning smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 5, 2013 10:43

However, there was one moment caught in CS Blues where Mick wasn't very nice to Tina. She comes in to visit them backstage, and then as she's walking away and after passing through a stage door, Mick shouts something insulting behind her.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 5, 2013 11:54

Erik: Where is that quotation from?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 5, 2013 12:03

Hahaha, from his imagination smoking smiley

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 5, 2013 13:10

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 5, 2013 13:32

I really don't see Keith as being a racist... an insuffearable @sshole (at times) yes, but a racist...?

Date: September 5, 2013 13:39

Now show us the "furious Keith-pic"... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 5, 2013 14:10

Ha! First time I can note that Charlie gives a shit...

2 1 2 0

Date: September 5, 2013 14:17

Actually, from the base of the pictures, Keith should be more worried about Charlie. The dude looks like he is falling in love...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 5, 2013 14:19

stonehearted
However, there was one moment caught in CS Blues where Mick wasn't very nice to Tina. She comes in to visit them backstage, and then as she's walking away and after passing through a stage door, Mick shouts something insulting behind her.

That's not quite true. They say hi to each other (give one another a kiss, etc.) chat for a bit, and afterwards, when Tina has left the room, Mick says something like "it's nice to have a chick on tour". Not insulting, just a bit derogatory.

Date: September 5, 2013 14:27

Re Mick and Tina. Strange how much the things would change between the two in careerwise in four years. In 1981 she was basically that Ike's georgious chick and a legend from the past, and Jagger about the biggest cock in the music world. In 1985 in Live Aid, Jagger had lost a hell lot of his status (and balls), looked oddily a man with a huge past but rather teethless presence, while Tina was about the hottest female singer in the world at the moment, her solo career just having exploded the bank, and selling amounts Jagger could only dream of... And she really stole Jagger's spot that night...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-05 14:29 by Doxa.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 5, 2013 14:30

All I can see is Charlie giving Keith a piggyback ride??

Date: September 5, 2013 14:35

Mick was still the big star on Live Aid. That was obvious when we saw his performance. It was a bit later when his popularity waned somewhat.

The year before Live Aid, Tina became a huge star again, though smiling smiley

Date: September 5, 2013 15:06

DandelionPowderman
Mick was still the big star on Live Aid. That was obvious when we saw his performance. It was a bit later when his popularity waned somewhat.

The year before Live Aid, Tina became a huge star again, though smiling smiley

Yes, he was supposed to be. He was the closing act (if we forget another fallen legend, Dylan). But I think that - if we take our biased fan eye-glasses off - Live Aid performance painfully showed at the time that, no matter how big spot he had, Jagger's star had fallen quite dramatically, or to say it other words: he actually wasn't so big star as he was supposed to be. Jagger, or his solo career, was no any winner in Live Aid. Live Aid was a huge career boost for many performers (the figures shown at the time whose record sales went uphill after the show, such as Queen, U2 and Tina!), but for Jagger it did nothing. What was usually reported of his performance was basically his duet with Tina. I still recall watching it from tele, being the biggest fan of his in the world in my mind, and I could see and reflect that there is something wrong in it; even though he seemed to work so hard, there was something artificial in it, and even the audience response sounded rather lame (through tele). It was actually painful to recognize that.

From a hindsight, I think Live Aid show actually was the moment when it became suddenly obvious that Jagger's solo career will not go anywhere. Or, to say it moderately, he would not maintain his superstar status in the level he - and us - were used to. The 80's hit hard on Jagger that night.

Re Tina - yes, she was a star back in the 60's and early 70's, but that was nothing compared to the success she gained during the 80's. She became a superstar.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-05 15:07 by Doxa.

Date: September 5, 2013 15:37

Listen to the first few seconds here smiling smiley

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1893
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home