Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: Singles Collection 1971-2006
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 9, 2011 16:46

Ha ha. I know. I just love to - what's the new word to say at the moment? RAIL. I love to rail about those shitmixes.

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: February 9, 2011 16:49

Waste of money

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 9, 2011 16:57

Actually I think it's nice to get all these remixes reissued. They're part of the Stones discography anyway and some of them are great.
However what I don't get is why they left so many tracks. Obviously they tried to be exhaustive (see all the Bridges to Babylon remixes : even the rarest ones are here) but still they forgot so many tracks...

Date: February 9, 2011 16:58

It must be UMe's "forward thinking".

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: February 9, 2011 17:09

Boooorrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnngggggggg....

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: February 9, 2011 17:10

Braincapers
ghostryder13
they should take some of the rare material from this collection and release a double cd for the fans who don't have that kind of money

Seconded.

Also, I wonder if now they've agreed to release all these 'rare' we'll get more CD reissues with bonus tracks?

Normally such a thing would tempt me but would I buy Bridges to Babylon again to get 19 bonus tracks? Well not if these were the tracks

Anybody Seen My Baby (Soul Solution Remix Edit)
Anybody Seen My Baby (Armand’s Rolling Steelo Mix)
Anybody Seen My Baby (Soul Solution Remix)
Anybody Seen My Baby (Bonus Roll)
Anybody Seen My Baby (Phil Jones remix)
Saint Of Me (Deep Dish Grunge Garage Remix Parts 1&2)
Saint Of Me (Deep Dish Grunge Garage Dub)
Saint Of Me (Deep Dish Rolling Dub)
Saint Of Me (Deep Dish Club Mix)
Saint Of Me (Deep Dish Grunge Dub)
Saint Of Me (Todd Terry Extended Remix)
Out Of Control (album radio edit)
Out Of Control (In Hand With Fluke radio edit)
Out Of Control (Bi-Polar At The Controls)
Out Of Control (Bi-Polar Outer Version)
Out Of Control (In Hand With Fluke Inst)
Out Of Control (In Hand With Fluke (full version)
Out Of Control (Bi-Polar’s Fat Controller mix)
Out Of Control (Saber final mix)

All those dance, trance, drumnbass, club, dish and whatever mixes, I could very well do without. Pure shait, and I can't imagine any of them beeing played in hip nightclubs either. Just a waste of discspace.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: February 9, 2011 18:49

If 'I Think I'm Goin' Mad' is released here then why the hell wasn't it on the Rarities CD.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 9, 2011 19:37

After reading all the negativity about this release I have to wonder who is going to buy it. After all we're probably a very big part of the Rolling Stones consumer community. Maybe they're putting this out as a feeler? Got to say after buying several re-releases I've also reached the end of my rope and refuse to buy this boxset. Somebody in the Stones camp needs to realize this nonsense and get on track with releasing new or (actually) rare material. Just my two cents.

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: February 9, 2011 19:43

I wish the Stones would do what Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith and many other have done. Release real rare stuff. Exile On main Street re-issue was a nice start.

Date: February 9, 2011 23:51

frankotero
After reading all the negativity about this release I have to wonder who is going to buy it. After all we're probably a very big part of the Rolling Stones consumer community. Maybe they're putting this out as a feeler? Got to say after buying several re-releases I've also reached the end of my rope and refuse to buy this boxset. Somebody in the Stones camp needs to realize this nonsense and get on track with releasing new or (actually) rare material. Just my two cents.

It seems simple enough that they could at least release the single versions, actual remixes and of course non-LP B-sides as a double disc comp, like someone mentioned, a kind of 'best of the box' release. THAT I would buy - if it had the tracks that would be worth buying - I don't need Start Me Up again. But this thing, it's just too much, I'm sure it would be really cool to have it, why not, right?, but there's no way I would put out that much money to buy a majority of the same music AGAIN. Single downloads if no hard copy is available of particular songs - yes, at least in view of not spending a fortune on the entire thing that is.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 10, 2011 00:23

Huh, since "One Hit" I gave up being a completist as far as all those different mixes go. I thought, a bad track only gets dumper when forced to listen alternative mixes that are mostly done in some kind of pervert 'club' or 'dance' function in them - totally abstract since when they started really doing those mixes the Stones songs didn't have any longer chance to get themselves to dance floor surroundings (I guess the last song that somehow had that appeal was "Harlem Shuffle")... I suppose the only people ever who have ever heard these versions are some Stones completists...

Anyway, I never knew that the only modern warhorse "You Got Me Rocking" had such incredible different mixes called as "Perfecto Mix", "Sexy Disco Dub Mix", and "Trance Mix"... >grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-10 00:28 by Doxa.

Date: February 10, 2011 00:28

I bought You Got Me Rocking JUST for the B-side. Those "remixes" are abominable.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 10, 2011 00:39

Skipstone, you're not alone. I too bought that single and all the others as well. But it was different in those days. They managed to throw in a couple live tracks or rarities. It was fun. Now it seems like an open road to our wallets. I really hope the executives are reading these threads, and getting it.

Date: February 10, 2011 00:49

Out Of Tears was a good single I thought. Nice remix edit version and of course the B-sides. Saint Of Me was OK. ASMB was only good for the edit version and LP version of that song. Although I did dig the cover for some reason.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: February 10, 2011 00:54

It´s a nice release. Poor credit card.

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: February 10, 2011 00:58

frankotero

There is a market for this kind of release, and I'm one of those people. I've been waiting for several of these tracks to make their CD debut for decades, and I love having the original singles reproduced. Don't forget, there was a ton of negativity for the Exile project too. Some people are only interested in proper albums, or less-expensive items, and that's fine. This project isn't intended to be a huge seller (hence being released as an expensive limited edition box set), just to give collectors something to complete the catalog.

Date: February 10, 2011 02:04

I've been waiting for several of these tracks to make their CD debut for decades, and I love having the original singles reproduced.

I agree. I think it's an interesting release - especially for the never officially re-released tracks. And it's a fair attempt at making the Rolling Stones discography complete on CD.
That's why I don't understand why they kept some tracks off. The missing Wild Horses single makes me think they simply forgot about them. Sometimes I wonder who's in charge of such a project ...

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: February 10, 2011 02:11

Think I'm Going Mad finally released on CD! Yea!

Date: February 10, 2011 02:12

ineedadrink
this isn't being billed as "The Complete Singles Collection". so yes, there are going to be some items missing.

But it would make sense to put everything on it with all the work that's gone into it. That's what's so odd about them leaving things off, especially when we can't get them in a normal way now as it is (2000 Light Years From Home live for example).

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: February 10, 2011 02:28

still no mention from the site how much it will cost in american dollars

Date: February 10, 2011 08:26

Except for the promo only singles, I think they should have included at least the following singles :

- Too Much Blood (with Dance & dub versions) - one of the coolest remix I've heard from the Stones.

- Rock And A Hard Place with all the remixes that were available

- Sexdrive with all the remixes - if including this single why leaving off the remixes that were issued with it on all regular issues?

- Jumpin' Jack Flash with the 2 live b-sides which remain out of print to this day (Tumbling Dice and Street Fighting Man)

- Wild Horses with the 3 live b-sides : Tumbling Dice, Live With Me and Gimme Shelter)

By the way I read that the whole thing will be available as digital download as well. At least we can pick the few tracks that were not available before on CD...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 10, 2011 10:19

punkfloyd
Think I'm Going Mad finally released on CD! Yea!

Nice. It only costs you £170 to get that one...

- Doxa

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: February 10, 2011 10:53

i would buy an 7" vinyl box if they do one, to have /2s on CD, doesn´t make sense to me. I have the Beatles 7" and EP Box sets but not the ones on CD, what´s that rubbish with the mini replica things? nobody needs that.
and also you can see how well it´s done, with all this missing stuff....

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 10, 2011 12:03

Something in my heart (c) is telling me that those of you who are complaining all the time would be the first to order this box set winking smiley Damned completists winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-10 12:05 by ironbelly.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: February 10, 2011 17:41

they put out like a 100 different versions of exile last yr, they should put out different versions of this collection a 2 cd version,plus divide it up into 2 box set collections 1971-1983 and another one 1986-2006

Posted by: BBrownlie ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:26

Not that it matters much to those who only want the recordings, this package comes with some nice extras.

Second, the product description mentions "hidden gems". Hopefully, that means hidden bonus tracks, which might be (I'm not holding my breath) some or all of the "missing" tracks being mentioned in this thread.

Or

maybe a "hidden gem" is a replica of Keith's skull ring.

Finally, the amount of tracks listed does not equal 173 as stated in the product description.

Posted by: AngieBlue ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:37

ghostryder13
still no mention from the site how much it will cost in american dollars

Ya I know - and I would love to have this one. I have never heard some of these tracks.
I'm guessing by the English price that we're looking at something around $300 - $350 in the States.

Posted by: BBrownlie ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:40

The Rolling Stones US web store currently only has the announcement. This implies that the country of origin for manufacture may be the UK or the EU and the USA will import product for distribution.

I wonder if this will show up on any of the various amazon's.

The Englsh store's price converts to approxmately 302.11 USD with shipping included at the current conversion rate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-10 18:40 by BBrownlie.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 10, 2011 19:18

BBrownlie
Not that it matters much to those who only want the recordings, this package comes with some nice extras.

Second, the product description mentions "hidden gems". Hopefully, that means hidden bonus tracks, which might be (I'm not holding my breath) some or all of the "missing" tracks being mentioned in this thread.

Or

maybe a "hidden gem" is a replica of Keith's skull ring.

Finally, the amount of tracks listed does not equal 173 as stated in the product description.

That's right. As it is listed - 166. If you'll remove duplicates = 150.
So something is wrong with description.

Posted by: TheBoss918 ()
Date: February 10, 2011 20:51

This set looks beautiful, and I'd love to have it...but to me it's not worth all that money. I guess I'll download the tracks I like from the digital edition. I know the sound quality won't be as good, but I'd rather have the songs I want with a moderate loss in quality than not have them at all.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1940
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home