Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Track Talk: Hold On To Your Hat
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 22, 2019 17:08

Palace Revolution 2000
lem motlow
GasLightStreet
lem motlow
It’s a Kick ass rocker -

One of the things fans of artists who no longer exist don’t have to put up with is a bunch of idiots criticizing work that really doesn’t need criticism.
You don’t see endless nonsense being spewed about “Abbey Road vs Revolver “ or “Axis bold as Love vs Electric Ladyland” yet here we are on a website supposedly dedicated to The Rolling Stones bashing some of the best Rock and Roll ever played.
Thank God I came here because I would have never known what pieces of shit albums like It’s only Rock And Roll and Goats Head Soup were.
I honestly thought for years it was some of the most unbelievable great music I’d ever heard,silly me.
Thanks for telling me how Mick Jaggers voice sucked So often and how shitty Keith and Ronnie played because I was under the mistaken impression that the Stones were really, really good.

So now you're woke? Or you simply choose to never not like something because of blind loyalty - which means absolutely nothing.

I was gonna blast you but I’ve actually never met a person from New Orleans I didn’t like so I’ll give a more measured response.
You have a point, I’ve ripped the Stones for all kinds of shit and now I’m complaining about people criticizing them.
The truth is that thing with Jagger last summer fckd me up- I’m just being honest.
In 10 years all the guys from the WHO,The STONES ,ZEP the FLOYD and every other monster band are gonna be dead.
Every few months you’re gonna turn on the radio,TV or go on your iPad and read about the end of music as you know it.
My point, as clumsy as the delivery was, is we may want to adjust our thinking a bit and not be hand wringing over some obscure track as if it’s 1993 when we are so, so close to that day when you wake up and just like that,it’s all gone..,I’m sorry but that’s where we’re at.

Solid, honest posting.

I'm still trying to figure out the point.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 22, 2019 17:13

Apparently that we should all stop discussing the artistic merits of the Stones' body of work because they're going to die at some point.

Date: September 22, 2019 17:14

keefriff99
Apparently that we should all stop discussing the artistic merits of the Stones' body of work because they're going to die at some point.

cool smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 23, 2019 09:29

LeonidP

Well this is the reason we were never worried about losing you to the Mensa Society.
Now fire up all 250,000 of those neurons and let’s walk through it together.

I.i made a post about how stupid i thought it was that there were so many threads on IORR that seem to be aimed at aspiring music critics. A rate -a-song marathon that becomes a bit tedious after awhile.

2.Gas Light called me on it after seeing me rip the Stones up one side and down the other for ages.i was gonna make a smartass response to him for saying “woke” or something but he’s someone who has an opinion I respect and beyond that,he had a point.

3.i followed up with an honest answer,MY Opinion is we’re almost done here and it’s a waste of time nitpicking obscure songs,it would be like John Lennon fans complaining about his work on approximate infinite universe.
This was my take,I’m not in the business of telling other people what to think or
say.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: September 23, 2019 09:35

Hate that track. The vocals, the forced tempo, Jagger's guitar, the lyrics - all crap.

The outtakes had much more potential, but they didn't use it, Sad.

Date: September 23, 2019 17:24

lem motlow
LeonidP

Well this is the reason we were never worried about losing you to the Mensa Society.

I.i made a post about how stupid i thought it was that there were so many threads on IORR that seem to be aimed at aspiring music critics. A rate -a-song marathon that becomes a bit tedious after awhile.

2.Gas Light called me on it after seeing me rip the Stones up one side and down the other for ages.i was gonna make a smartass response to him for saying “woke” or something but he’s someone who has an opinion I respect and beyond that,he had a point.

3.i followed up with an honest answer,MY Opinion is we’re almost done here and it’s a waste of time nitpicking obscure songs,it would be like John Lennon fans complaining about his work on approximate infinite universe.
This was my take,I’m not in the business of telling other people what to think or
say.

I think I follow now! So you rip them for ages, then you decide it's time to stop and apparently everyone should pay heed. Got it!

** edit... btw, i guess i should look into the Mensa Society, so i can see also how to make a 1 sentence summary take 5 paragraphs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-23 17:25 by LeonidP.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 23, 2019 18:08

micawber

The outtakes had much more potential, but they didn't use it, Sad.

Which ones? confused smiley
The half-baked and totally forgettable "For Your Precious Love" cover?

Me I like "Hold On To Your Hat" and that descending lick always gets me.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 23, 2019 18:12

LeonidP
lem motlow
LeonidP

say.

I think I follow now! So you rip them for ages, then you decide it's time to stop and apparently everyone should pay heed. Got it!

** edit... btw, i guess i should look into the Mensa Society, so i can see also how to make a 1 sentence summary take 5 paragraphs.
Well, he has no problem calling the Stones scumbags in the personal lives or calling all of us on the board idiots because apparently he's the only actual Stones fan on the planet.

Just don't critique their actual body of work...that hurts lem's sensitive feelings.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 23, 2019 20:13

lem metlow
...I’ve ripped the Stones for all kinds of shit and now I’m complaining about people criticizing them.
The truth is that thing with Jagger last summer fckd me up- I’m just being honest.

I hear ya lem, and it had a similar effect on me.
But I'm almost over it, and am itching to get back to ripping the Stones for all kinds of shit. I've even tested the waters here and there to see if I can still slam 'em the old fashion way pre-Mick heart valve problem.
Lack of new material, setlist stagnation, nostalgia act, Streets of Love, some of Micks lousy vocals, some of Keith crappy playing, Ronnie's child-like artwork, their hypocritical political/environmental beliefs, etc., etc, etc...
Meanwhile, there's a Springsteen thread to vent my displeasure, though that can easily be summed up with "never really liked him".

Hold on to Your Hat sounds like a Stones tribute band wishing they could play something original and akin to Rip This Joint, and with that in mind it's not a bad tune.

Hold on to your heart, hold on to your hat
Don't give me no shit, don't give me no crap

Yowza

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 24, 2019 00:44

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 24, 2019 18:27

Love this track , great up tempo Stones rocker

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: September 24, 2019 21:56

I love the bass on it. da, da, da, da, daaaaaaaaa. Ronnie, right?

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home