Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Taylorites/Taylorians, Brian Jones Purists....
Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: August 26, 2013 20:31

Maybe I haven't been paying close attention, but what are the fans of the other Rolling Stones called? I kinda know what I'd call Ron Wood's fans, but I won't be naughtywinking smiley. I thought about calling Bill Wyman's fans, Wymanizers, just one letter different than his apparent favorite past-time back in the good old days. How about the others?

Re: Taylorites/Taylorians, Brian Jones Purists....
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 26, 2013 20:47

Keitharian

Wattsionado

Wymanizer--can't do better.

Stuist

Mickster..

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: August 26, 2013 21:38

Keith - Keef-a-maniacs

Mick - Jagg-offs

Bill - Wynos

Wood - Lumberjacks

Charlie - Charlie Watts Fans (Charlie isn't interested in this shit)

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 26, 2013 21:56

Brian Jones Purist - Taylorian and Woodypecker here....thumbs up

2 1 2 0

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 26, 2013 22:32

Rolling Stones Fans

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Date: August 26, 2013 23:28

Rolling Hansie
Rolling Stones Fans

thumbs up

Date: August 28, 2013 17:12

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: August 28, 2013 17:14

DandelionPowderman

I wish they would kiss already and get it over with.

Date: August 28, 2013 17:20

A good shoulder-squeeze ain't too bad, though smiling smiley

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: August 28, 2013 17:25

don'thavealife'rs might be a good name for the more extreme fraction ....

Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: August 28, 2013 20:01

NoCode0680
Keith - Keef-a-maniacs

Mick - Jagg-offs

Bill - Wynos

Wood - Lumberjacks

Charlie - Charlie Watts Fans (Charlie isn't interested in this shit)

LMAO!

Date: August 28, 2013 21:15

Okay, I thought of two more:

Keefers - Keith Richards

Jaggernauts - Mick Jagger

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 28, 2013 21:19

Taylorites need a special silly name because, generally speaking, it seems they tend to be more a fan of Taylor than The Rolling Stones. tongue sticking out smiley

In saying that there is a number of Jones freaks that seem to despise Mick and Keith, but they are just idiots. grinning smiley

Is there such a thing as just a fan of the Ronnie Wood line up?

Date: August 28, 2013 21:27

As was mentioned before, maybe we should just call ourselves Rolling Stones Fans and stop this madness at once!smileys with beer

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: August 28, 2013 21:51

I'm a

Date: August 28, 2013 21:57

Yes this is a "Woody"..perfect for Ronnie Wood's fans. Was thinking about that before!grinning smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 28, 2013 21:58

The worst are of course the Brian Jones purists who pretend that Brian Jones was an essential member of the band although he couldn't write a note and was almost invisible (inaudible) on the last two albums, despite his nice slide on No Expectations. They are in denial that he was first and for all a popstar and just wanted to be that (see Keith's interview elsewhere). Now he is first and for all a cult figure and his followers in fact sectarians, living in a far away past. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 28, 2013 22:00

Keith: Ric-hards
Ronnie: Wood-peckers

Date: August 28, 2013 22:00

It was sad seeing him in Crossfire Hurricane before he died. He was so wasted..truly a shame.

Date: August 28, 2013 22:19

kleermaker
The worst are of course the Brian Jones purists who pretend that Brian Jones was an essential member of the band although he couldn't write a note and was almost invisible (inaudible) on the last two albums, despite his nice slide on No Expectations. They are in denial that he was first and for all a popstar and just wanted to be that (see Keith's interview elsewhere). Now he is first and for all a cult figure and his followers in fact sectarians, living in a far away past. tongue sticking out smiley

See what I mean about taylorites? grinning smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 28, 2013 22:20

kleermaker

He was essential until the end, although not as much as some make him out to be. His early chops on slide and his innate feeling for the blues gave them credibility. Yes, he became a pop star, but his look and attitude defined the group. Brian was elegantly wasted years before Keith appropriated it. And his style was sharp as a tack long before that became Mick's job. And although his rhythm playing isn't noted much, his choppy chunks on songs like Off The Hook really set the template for the band.

As long as he was being a pop star, he did add musical flourishes to their pop sound that lifted them to a whole other level. Mick & Keith wrote the compositions, but Brian's recorder, sitar, vibraphones, mellotron, are the musical highlights of those songs.

Brian was a little genius. He was ahead of the crowd. But his own ego and insecurities kept him from developing his talents. Yes, he was barely there for Beggars and Let It Bleed, but it's his dark spirit coursing through the Stones music to begin with. And I don't give Keith the final word on Brian. Anita should be the one to curse his name, but she doesn't. Keith appears to have some unfinished business with Brian that we will never know about.

Brian's actual contribution as a musical member of the group faded rather quickly, but he's there in the foundation of the sound, the look, everything. He is the original Rolling Stone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-28 23:01 by 24FPS.

Date: August 28, 2013 22:23

His Majesty
Taylorites need a special silly name because, generally speaking, it seems they tend to be more a fan of Taylor than The Rolling Stones. tongue sticking out smiley

In saying that there is a number of Jones freaks that seem to despise Mick and Keith, but they are just idiots. grinning smiley

Is there such a thing as just a fan of the Ronnie Wood line up?

More Hot Rocks might be there, perhaps? >grinning smiley<

Date: August 28, 2013 22:25

His Majesty
kleermaker

See what I mean about taylorites? grinning smiley

They are indeed bad too, but in comparison with Brian Jones purists they are just blond angels.

Date: August 28, 2013 22:27

kleermaker

And he was of course not a vital contributor to two of the albums you have praised before: Satanic and Buttons eye rolling smiley

PS: As a joke this is quite good, kleerie grinning smiley

Date: August 28, 2013 22:36

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker

And he was of course not a vital contributor to two of the albums you have praised before: Satanic and Buttons eye rolling smiley

PS: As a joke this is quite good, kleerie grinning smiley

I have to admit he was fabulous on those albums, and also on Aftermath, all three belonging to my favourite Stones albums.

Date: August 28, 2013 22:36

It's silly to say Jones was a genius, not many people truly are, certainly none of The Rolling Stones. grinning smiley

For better or worse, he was quite unique though and an essential member indeed. Inaudible on Beggars Banquet? Only to the clueless.

Most likley of no use to anyone including himself during the last year of his life though.

Ps:

Someone who masterbates to guitar solos recorded in 1969 - 1973 saying other people are stuck in the distant past is quite funny. >grinning smiley<

Date: August 28, 2013 22:49

His Majesty

Ps:

Someone who masterbates to guitar solos recorded in 1969 - 1973 saying other people are stuck in the distant past is quite funny. >grinning smiley<

It seems you have missed the last Rolling Stones tour.
I and many others are now masturbating on this recent one (btw: it gets about 2000 views a day and has reached the third place of all my 165 vids within a shorter period than 2 months, so there are a lot of masturbators-to-Taylor-guitar solos amongst us. It has also got by far the most likes and reactions, by far most of all positive. Just some BJ purists and very probably more woodpeckers being naysayers:

Date: August 28, 2013 22:58

You continue to masterbate to guitar solo's from 1969 - 1973.

widdle widdle.

If popularity is a good gauge of quality, go eat the Some Girls sales stats. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 28, 2013 23:04

His Majesty
It's silly to say Jones was a genius, not many people truly are, certainly none of The Rolling Stones. grinning smiley

Brian was a genius with a small g. It also depends on what someone has to achieve to be a genius in your book. The Stones are geniuses in getting me to continue to shell out money to them voluntarily for product year after year. I don't have to do it, and yet I do have to do it. Genius.

Date: August 28, 2013 23:05

24FPS

Brian was a genius with a small g. It also depends on what someone has to achieve to be a genius in your book. The Stones are geniuses in getting me to continue to shell out money to them voluntarily for product year after year. I don't have to do it, and yet I do have to do it. Genius.

grinning smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home