Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15
Re: Jagger at Grammy awards
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 16, 2011 16:40

bustedtrousers
paulywaul
bustedtrousers
CrissCrossMind
Beast
paulywaul
The performance is pure Jagger, he's pretty much doing what he's always done. I thought it was great, it was him being the Mick Jagger the world has always known, and doing what Mick Jagger does best. I imagine the good reverend would be looking down fondly and nodding his head with 100 percent approval. Ten out of ten Sir Mick.

+1 thumbs up

I Agree Beast +1 from you, +1 from Paul, +1 from me...., so so far we have +5 !!! (so let's round up even more !!! ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT !!) ") (the Math Genius)

-5, does that bring us back to even? I saw about thirty seconds of it, which was enough. It was exactly what I thought it would be. Mick's tired histrionics thrown on top of a dull, slick, American Idol-type production.

How can you people buy into him still. I just don't get it.

How can you people buy into him still. I just don't get it

Because he still delivers. Don't worry about not getting it, just leave it to those of us that do. It would seem there's still a few of us lurking here n' thar !!

Loadsa thangs I 'don't get' ... jazz, jazz fusion, rap, the Sex Pistols, how the f**k Queen Elton and Lady Furnish have ended up with a baby ... ?? Each to theirs I guess ??

Fair enough, pauly. But what frustrates me is that I use to get him. I use to think Mick was great, and still had something relevant to say in his performances. That he, and the Stones, were still the standard-bearers. Now I don't. And when I read all these raves, after seeing what I saw as nothing better than what you see on American Idol, I have to say something.

I watched the Dylan clip, and that I did get. I've never been a huge Dylan fan, but I enjoyed what he did way more than Jagger. No awards show performance is ever really that great. They can't be, it's a few minutes thrown in with a bunch of other stuff, all of which have little to do with each other. But I got Dylan, because he came out and just did his song. Without having to resort to running around like a retard, in a way that's no longer suits him.

The sloppy transition from the Avett Brothers, to Dylan just standing there, barely able to even sing, with all those musician's behind him, was ten times more exciting to me, than Jagger's slick, soulless, spastic attempt to try and be what he still thinks "Mick Jagger" should be.

Chill the hell out and careful of what you wish for. If Jagger had stood in one spot, and just sang, we'd be hearing for weeks that Jagger hasn't 'got it' anymore...too old to move around. He moves around like he always has...why at this late stage, does it anger you?

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: February 16, 2011 17:25

Mick was great at the Grammy's!
He gave the audience what they wanted....and he did what he likes doing best.
It's not fair to compare him to 30 years ago. Everyone has changed....and in particular, the audiences. They expect a different show from what some of you may expect. Mick put on a performance that wowed them all, and he had a blast doing it....so good for Mick!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 16, 2011 17:26

Brue
I think everybody just got poster-ized

So you made a poster of Mick to hang on yer bedroom wall. You are a true original.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 16, 2011 17:33

It wasn't a freak show. It wasn't good just because a 67 year old man ran all over the place and put on an energetic performance. It was good because Mick Jagger put on an entertaining performance. Something that can't be said for the other %99 of the show.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-16 17:38 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: February 16, 2011 17:35

Just saw Mick's performance last night. I thought he was great and the audience have him a long standing ovation. He is amazing. A true treasure.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: February 16, 2011 23:02

Great performance- better than I expected it would be

Just proves that Mick is still the best!

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: February 17, 2011 04:20

Lorenz
I watched the performance and I have to say, it's absolutely stunning. I had a feeling I didn't have for a logn time - I watched the clip and felt proud. Silly, I know - but I felt proud. That is "my" Mick Jagger out there making the people smile and dance, performing and moving as if he was 20-30 years younger. Awesome.

+1

Drew

Posted by: jaggerzita ()
Date: February 17, 2011 16:50

Posted on mickjagger.com

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: February 17, 2011 16:56

skipstone
Brue
I think everybody just got poster-ized

So you made a poster of Mick to hang on yer bedroom wall. You are a true original.

You are a true dimwit when it comes to talking smack. Hey it beats that Elton John/George Michael duet you have hanging in yours, skippy you metrosexual moron.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 17, 2011 17:03

Hey Brue! Try to stick to the rules of this board, it will do you good in the longrun!

Posted by: jaggerzita ()
Date: February 17, 2011 17:11

jaggerzita

Posted on mickjagger.com

I don't know what happened, but now the video seems to be private confused smiley

Date: February 17, 2011 19:51

Stoneage
Hey Brue! Try to stick to the rules of this board, it will do you good in the longrun!

Thanks. You aren't one of these whiners that chops up threads and then gets offended when someone chops you up are you?

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: February 17, 2011 22:30

It's easy to resent people that point out the rules. I get that, but name calling makes it seem like you don't have a real point to make, Brue. It makes you look hateful rather than thoughtful and and it sets a bad tone for everyone.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: February 17, 2011 22:45

cool to see a 67 year old icon put a smackdown on the competetion. the audience saw it as well as the rest of us. jagger is THE MAN and always will be. maybe this one performance will light a fire under his butt to regroup the fellas for a new recording and some live performances.

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: February 18, 2011 02:26

jaggerzita

Posted on mickjagger.com

smiling smiley

Date: February 18, 2011 17:37

Brue
You are a true dimwit when it comes to talking smack. Hey it beats that Elton John/George Michael duet you have hanging in yours, skippy you metrosexual moron.

Whatever you say there dunty. Go drink the Kool Aid. You remind me of Sarah Palin - your points are mute. Keep your flap flapping to continue to look like a moron.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: February 18, 2011 18:54

This one bothers and you see it often: points are moot, not 'mute'.

Just trying to help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-18 19:01 by KeefintheNight82.

Date: February 18, 2011 19:07

KeefintheNight82
This one bothers and you see it often: points are moot, not 'mute'.

Just trying to help.

That's why I mentioned Sarah Palin - she says "mute" instead of "moot".

Date: February 19, 2011 01:35

Maybe I shouldn't have intervened in this polemic controversy between Skipstone and Brue? It's actually very amusing. And you learn new words too! So by all means gentlemen: Carry on. But stay away from hits below the belt!

Date: February 19, 2011 02:26

Sarah Palin used the word 'mute' for 'moot' in a recent interview. Why Brue has such issues with me I don't understand but the she has issues (I think Brue is a female based on some posts I've seen). But if Brue wants to keep it up, that's fine. I'll play along. A Tom Petty song comes to mind.

Date: February 19, 2011 02:31

skipstone
Sarah Palin used the word 'mute' for 'moot' in a recent interview. Why Brue has such issues with me I don't understand but the she has issues (I think Brue is a female based on some posts I've seen). But if Brue wants to keep it up, that's fine. I'll play along. A Tom Petty song comes to mind.

Go ahead Skippy> I like the way you rock it - I really do. Peace

Date: February 19, 2011 02:31

Okey, Skip! You seem to be able to handle it!

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: February 19, 2011 06:40

Sorry Skip! I didn't know she did that--it figures.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: February 20, 2011 12:53

An excerpt from an article in my local paper

````````````````````````````````````````````````

It wasn’t Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Lady Antebellum or even Eminem who brought the audience to its feet, smiling and clapping and swaying to the music at Sunday’s Grammys. It was Mick Jagger, celebrating the spirit and legacy of soul great Solomon Burke.

Jagger’s performance of Burke’s “Everybody Needs Somebody to Love” was infectious, energetic exuberant and fun. And the 67-year-old Rolling Stones frontman didn’t need a humongous egg, silly wig or funny get-up to win the crowd over. All he had was a great song, an abundance of energy and his impeccable showmanship. In short, what Jagger brought to the Grammys that the two hours and 40 minutes leading up to his performance was lacking was soul.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 20, 2011 13:05

Hey that's a good local rag ya got there boston2006 ..... Tell the editor ta give the kid a pay-rise .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: February 20, 2011 16:04

jaggerzita

Posted on mickjagger.com

video works fine now

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home