Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15
Re: Jagger at Grammy awards
Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 14, 2011 15:58

liked it - had a good beat and you could dance to it. liked most of the show actually, which was sort of a surprise.

the self-parody talk is ancient, ancient cliche. can't tell whether people really mean it or if they're just parroting themselves from when they said it back in 1974.

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: February 14, 2011 16:04

Certainly agree Bitches Brew, it was great !!!!!!

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: February 14, 2011 16:06

Reviews from the mainstream media have been overwhelemingly positive. The same can be said about every major social media site...Jagger stepped to the plate and hit a grand slam.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: February 14, 2011 16:06

I am chocked!

Such energy! I didn't expect that..

After seeing this, a new tour is the only thing in my mind..
This energy cant be wasted on doing nothing.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 14, 2011 16:27

CrissCrossMind
The Sicilian
I think Jagger is being set up to blow them all away. We know he has the voice, I just hope he does not start that bent elbow finger pointing crap.

That "BENT ELBOW FINGER POINTING CRAP"? YOU MEAN LIKE THIS SICILIAN? -LOL

Like throughout this whole video

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: February 14, 2011 16:40

Yeah, that's how it should be done,
performing.

Incredible.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: February 14, 2011 16:41

Jagger was fantastic. He's obviously more than good for a few more tours. What an incredible performance.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 14, 2011 17:04

gimmelittledrink
He's obviously more than good for a few more tours.

A few more ? LOL. Now let's not get too high in the sky. Just one new tour would be great already. We can always hope for more of course grinning smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 14, 2011 17:06

He was great. For the last decade or thereabouts, he seems to really go all out on soul or R&B numbers. I don't know if the rockers are tougher to do now, but too much of the time he comes across as bored. Last night's performance was great, but comparable to the same highlights on FOUR FLICKS or THE BIGGEST BANG. It's the sort of material that Mick really delivers best these days. In their own catalog, "Worried About You" is another example.

Date: February 14, 2011 17:07

Now would you rather of seen this:

Jagger and U2 with the Black Eyed Peas performing Gimme Shelter

sweetcharmedlife
Maybe you should go back and watch the halftime performance from the Black Eyed Peas to cheer you up.

This is for you Fred.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 14, 2011 17:10

I thought the other guy--is it spelled Raphael Sadiq?--kind of got short shrift, though understandably so. I thought it was going to be more of a duet, or even that he would sing a song before mick came out to do another one with him. Is Sadiq's own music any good? He's a good sport to play second fiddle like that.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 14, 2011 17:11

He got to play Ronnie's part and get pushed around.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 14, 2011 17:14

Jeff Beck seems to be holding up pretty well too. Wish he would have played.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 14, 2011 17:14

The Sicilian

Jagger and U2 with the Black Eyed Peas performing Gimme Shelter

sweetcharmedlife
Maybe you should go back and watch the halftime performance from the Black Eyed Peas to cheer you up.

This is for you Fred.

No, most certainly not. Ugh yuk in my opinion. It all sounds horribly lame and thin, poor Mick doesn't actually 'have a band behind him' for all intents and purposes, U2 sound appalling quite frankly. No wonder I've never had much time for them, this kind of thing illustrates why absolutely perfectly. Dreadful.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 14, 2011 17:18

cc
I thought the other guy--is it spelled Raphael Sadiq?--kind of got short shrift, though understandably so. I thought it was going to be more of a duet, or even that he would sing a song before mick came out to do another one with him. Is Sadiq's own music any good? He's a good sport to play second fiddle like that.

He got to share the stage with Mick F*CKIN' Jagger.

He would have been thrilled to play second fiddle.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 14, 2011 17:22

Best performance of the night.....

[www.recordonline.com]

I know this is subjective, but I found it by googling "Grammys best performance of the night"

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 14, 2011 17:34

WOW--Thank you...MICK JAGGER IS GOD!!
Ha...He showed everyone why he is just the best..The star of the night!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 14, 2011 17:34

Loudei
Performance was good but his voice sucked

Fing crazy!

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: February 14, 2011 17:40

What was the best Grammy performance?
The List: Cee-Lo bright, Jagger bold
Text Size: A | A | A
Print this Article Email this Article

ShareThis
Photo 1 of 1 | Zoom Photo +

Cee-Lo Green and Gwyneth Paltrow. ... Yup.
The Associated Press
Published: 9:34 AM - 02/14/11
Last updated: 9:51 AM - 02/14/11
Last night's Grammy awards should've been called the Performance Show in Music with a Couple Awards Thrown In. More than ever, performances dominated the exhaustive three-and-a-half-hour program. Here are Timothy Malcolm's pick of the top five.

What were your favorite performances? E-mail tmalcolm@th-record.com with your choices.

5. Arcade Fire, "Month of May"/"Ready to Start"
Call it an exercise in sentiment. After it seemed Lady Antebellum was walking away with Grammys, Arcade Fire performed a bright, blistering rendition of the punky "Month of May," complete with blinking strobes and BMX bikers. It seemed like a slap in the face of what is expected at the Grammys. But then Arcade Fire won Album of the Year, and the moody single "Ready to Start" was presented in a celebratory way, with lead Win Butler smirking all the while, excited and shocked his band beat out popular favorites to win the biggest prize of the night. A truly honest set of performances.

4. Barbra Streisand, "Evergreen"
If you want to be remembered as a singer, you just sing. Babs performed the apt "Evergreen" with orchestration and simply sang it perfectly. Lady Gaga and Co., take note.

3. Mumford & Sons, The Avett Brothers, Bob Dylan, "Medley"
It was nice of Grammy to showcase some "Americana" music toward the middle, breaking out European darlings Mumford & Sons and underground American boys the Avett Brothers for some rollicking and heartfelt traditional-style sounds. The capper was Dylan performing "Maggie's Farm" in front of all the bands. A great moment, though Dylan's voice was worse for wear.

2. Cee-Lo Green, "The Song Otherwise Known as Forget You"
Hilariously dumb title aside, the song is colorful and wild. So Cee-Lo did as only Cee-Lo can, wearing a feathered Mummers-style outfit at the piano, a la Elton John on "The Muppet Show." To further that point, backing Green was a band of Muppets and a set straight out of the Children's Television Workshop. When Gwyneth Paltrow came onto the set, the whole thing descended to pure weirdness. But it was fantastic.

1. Mick Jagger, "Everybody Needs Somebody to Love"
The Rolling Stones antique frontman (67 years old) was a tour de force for this Solomon Burke tribute, performing the bluesy soul classic alongside musical genius Rafael Saadiq (Tony! Toni! Tone!) on guitar. Jagger strutted the stage like it was the Stones' 1972-73 tour, rocking a sharp green jacket and directing his band like he'd known the guys forever. While newcomers like Bruno Mars struggled to get a hold of their performances at the Grammys, Jagger - an old pro - showed everyone how it's done.

I have been reading the news from last nights Grammys and every single newspaper and site are giving Mick rave reviews.
Great to see Mick in top form. I'm sure this will bring some new fans to the Stones.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: February 14, 2011 17:48

ineedadrink
black n blue
The wigger from detroit best rap crap
yeah. it's nothing like a bunch of white guys from jolly ol' england playing the blues, right?

This kind of racist crap could be straight from 1965, replace Detroit with England.

Date: February 14, 2011 18:23

I think we Mick found a new backup singer in Fergie, she actually sounds very good here. Bono plays a good "Gimme" riff too.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 14, 2011 18:26

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-14 22:57 by schillid.

Date: February 14, 2011 18:34

It looks like Mick had plastic surgery recently. His eyes look different and his face is very smooth. No its not makeup either. Hair color and texture are different as well.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: February 14, 2011 18:36

F A N T A S T I C -- goose bumps. great to see him performing... we need more !!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 14, 2011 18:37

Rocky Dijon
He was great. For the last decade or thereabouts, he seems to really go all out on soul or R&B numbers. I don't know if the rockers are tougher to do now, but too much of the time he comes across as bored. Last night's performance was great, but comparable to the same highlights on FOUR FLICKS or THE BIGGEST BANG. It's the sort of material that Mick really delivers best these days.

Indeed. My favourite parts of the Licks shows were the 'soul revue' segments in the theatre shows.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: February 14, 2011 18:41

little queenie
LSTNT
As Soloman said at the LA Licks gig - "The Crown Prince of Rock and Roll". Mick rocked the house like no one else can.

It's my recollection that he said to mick he was the "true king of rock and roll" ? am i wrong? there's even a bootleg with that title...

at the Wiltern 02, while solomon placing the cape on mick (obviously unrehersed)....mick looked flabberasted and shot looks at everyone like "oh my god" almost trying to give the cape back. tonight he thought it appropriate to wear....

i didn't notice but a friend pointed out that he was wearing a "Burger King crown" beltbuckle...

I was wrong he actually said "The Crown Kings of Rock and Roll" - still applies - MICK ROCKED THE HOUSE.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 14, 2011 18:53

James Kirk
Reviews from the mainstream media have been overwhelemingly positive.

From today's LOS ANGELES TIMES: "Mick Jagger, in particular, came off as miraculously energetic paying tribute to the late Solomon Burke."

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: February 14, 2011 19:05

it's pretty easy to be energetic when you're singing one line over and over and over again winking smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 14, 2011 19:13

ineedadrink
it's pretty easy to be energetic when you're singing one line over and over and over again winking smiley

Yeah, he should have done Queen's BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY, even though it was a Solomon Burke tribute!!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 14, 2011 19:17

Elmo Lewis
Jeff Beck seems to be holding up pretty well too. Wish he would have played.
Neil Young was looking good to. Would have been really cool to see those guys get up on stage and jam. Much betetr than the hootenanny we saw.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 11 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1676
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home