Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: Jagger at Grammy awards
Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: February 14, 2011 08:45

Mick was awesome.

(BTW Bob Dylan was awesome too)

Posted by: magenta ()
Date: February 14, 2011 08:47

The Band that backed up the Jag was Raphael Saadiq's band with Raphael on guitar.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 14, 2011 09:02

Just saw it on TV in California time, and LOVED it!!

One thing came to mind that has before: Mick is a great performer; the entire audience tonight was on its feet, and Mick did his thing of showing incredible energy without it looking coldly choreographed. Most other performers either stand dead still, or they move with very unspontaneous-like dance moves. Since Mick is so effective why don't more performers emulate what Mick does?!

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: February 14, 2011 09:04

"Since Mick is so effective why don't more performers emulate what Mick does?!"

Easier said than done.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 14, 2011 09:11

Mick was great! I would have loved to see more; 'I've Been Lovin' You Too Long' would have been fantastic.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: February 14, 2011 09:18

Fantastic job Mick!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 14, 2011 09:19

LSTNT
As Soloman said at the LA Licks gig - "The Crown Prince of Rock and Roll". Mick rocked the house like no one else can.

It's my recollection that he said to mick he was the "true king of rock and roll" ? am i wrong? there's even a bootleg with that title...

at the Wiltern 02, while solomon placing the cape on mick (obviously unrehersed)....mick looked flabberasted and shot looks at everyone like "oh my god" almost trying to give the cape back. tonight he thought it appropriate to wear....

i didn't notice but a friend pointed out that he was wearing a "Burger King crown" beltbuckle...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-14 09:21 by little queenie.

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: February 14, 2011 09:42

Oh, please, please, who can - share the video of Mick`s performance! ( with Megaupload or something ) It`s already damn blocked today on youtube and Brazil site sad smileysad smiley

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: February 14, 2011 09:56

Thrilled to see Mick. At the end, he looked like he just remembered how f-ing great crowd appreciation feels. He did his Bigger Bang bow.

Bieber was robbed. That was a shame. I love that kid -- should've gotten Best New Artist.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 14, 2011 10:23

The Grammys had that video blocked before anyone had time to blink.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 14, 2011 10:41

ROCKMAN

Date: February 14, 2011 10:58

ineedadrink
black n blue
The wigger from detroit best rap crap
yeah. it's nothing like a bunch of white guys from jolly ol' england playing the blues, right?

>grinning smiley<

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 14, 2011 10:59

Rockman

Thanks Rocky, magnificent to see .... stunning performance by MJ. The man shone.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 14, 2011 11:10

Great performance. Thanks for posting

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 14, 2011 11:17

It was good to see Jagger again on stage after these longs months .He's on top form...get-up-and-go .....ready to hit the road again !

[www.celebtv.com]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 14, 2011 11:21

[www.dimeadozen.org] for the HQ/1920x1080 version. Size: 707 MB!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 14, 2011 11:34

CrissCrossMind
The Sicilian
CrissCrossMind
DaveG
Gee, thanks Sicilian! I know we who are out in the wild wilderness of the west don't have electricity or this whole tv thing. In fact, I'm on my computer via steam-powered generator. But at least let me know what Mick sang!!

Sicilian is just jealous cause he's been shoveling snow all month (or is it 2 months now?). Out here in LA it was 80 degrees and blue sky's yesterday (but we're so used to it that it almost get's boring.... then all the hot babes walk around with not too much on, it's all so hard to handle....)

All month? How about since November non stop. Anyways most of them are probably trannys tongue sticking out smiley

Naw man, no where near trannys.... dumb as f*ckin' rocks (I'll go with that one) but definitely not one tranny in the whole group - good comeback on that one my man ")

I dig living where there are actual seasons. Having the same weather all year round would be dreadful, even if it meant 80 and sunny every day. There'd be nothing to look forward to.

Date: February 14, 2011 11:37

Fantastic performance - Mick rocked the house! He never ceases to amaze us. Brilliant smileys with beer

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 14, 2011 11:40

SwayStones
ready to hit the road again !

YES smiling bouncing smiley YES

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: February 14, 2011 11:56

Rockman, Thank you very much! Now I too can see - yes, Mick `s in great form and just has to get on the roadsmiling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 14, 2011 12:15

Good performance....ready to hit the road

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: February 14, 2011 13:18

ineedadrink
the highlight of the night for me was the fact that Mr. Hot Shot Insider aka. mitchflorida was wrong smiling smiley

The Stones' London office is closed right now, but they will be getting an earful from me later today! I am pissed off like you are .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-14 22:29 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 14, 2011 13:20

This is MUCH better than the versions of the song played in 2002-03.
Methink Jagger holds the burden of the Stones and looks forward to the day when he can play with diff. younger musicians.

Face it most of the RS are disabled in one way or another (Keith : finished Charlie : bored Ron : well...) while Mick still has energy and youth.

He might have welcomed the todger incident as a blessing from the sky.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 14, 2011 13:28

Woooooooooooosh, man alive!!!

Damn he's good!!! Walking miracle, whatever it is he still has it!

Inspired performance, hot band, wonderful!

Here's a few more just because....

,!!!!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 14, 2011 13:43

Did not like it all. Jagger seemed a walking parody of himself. Oh my god, now i will bad things said to me. come on guys, this was a waste to see. running and shouting? let him act his age. Burke would not have liked it at all.
bye jeroen

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 14, 2011 13:56

Thought it was great. He's still got it. Let's tour, guys!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 14, 2011 14:18

corriecas
Did not like it all. Jagger seemed a walking parody of himself. Oh my god, now i will bad things said to me. come on guys, this was a waste to see. running and shouting? let him act his age. Burke would not have liked it at all.
bye jeroen

I disagree. Why is he a 'parody' of himself. There's no 'parody' involved, all he's doing is actually being himself. The performance is pure Jagger, he's pretty much doing what he's always done. Perhaps you're of the opinion that he's simply too old now to be 'behaving' like that ? On the strength of THAT performance, I'd say absolutely NOT, I thought it was great, it was him being the Mick Jagger the world has always known, and doing what Mick Jagger does best. I imagine the good reverend would be looking down fondly and nodding his head with 100 percent approval. Ten out of ten Sir Mick.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 14, 2011 14:44

paulywaul

I disagree. Why is he a 'parody' of himself. There's no 'parody' involved, all he's doing is actually being himself. The performance is pure Jagger, he's pretty much doing what he's always done. Perhaps you're of the opinion that he's simply too old now to be 'behaving' like that ? On the strength of THAT performance, I'd say absolutely NOT, I thought it was great, it was him being the Mick Jagger the world has always known, and doing what Mick Jagger does best. I imagine the good reverend would be looking down fondly and nodding his head with 100 percent approval. Ten out of ten Sir Mick.

+1 thumbs up

Posted by: courtfieldroad ()
Date: February 14, 2011 14:59

I found Mick exciting to watch, kvetching about his voice aside (dude is a senior citizen, we all lose it in the end).

Looking at how excited the audience was, it was as much a tribute to Mick Jagger as it was Solomon Burke.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: February 14, 2011 15:57

wow, wow, wow, @#$%& brilliant!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1365
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home