Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 15
Re: Jagger at Grammy awards
Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: February 10, 2011 23:05

Mick is a super-star and he doesn't want to be over-exposed on TV. Jagger also wants to leave on his own terms, on top of his game. I think it is great that he is appearing without the Stones on The Grammys.

Time for the Stones hang it up . . they were becoming a parody of themselves.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-10 23:08 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: February 10, 2011 23:41

From 'done deal' to 'hang it up'?

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: February 11, 2011 04:04

Bob Dylan will perform too.
[latimesblogs.latimes.com]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 11, 2011 04:15

mitchflorida
Mick is a super-star and he doesn't want to be over-exposed on TV. Jagger also wants to leave on his own terms, on top of his game. I think it is great that he is appearing without the Stones on The Grammys.

Time for the Stones hang it up . . they were becoming a parody of themselves.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>they were becoming a parody of themselves<<<<<<<< Not having a go at you Mitch but someone working for the New Musical Express in England said almost this exact same thing about the Stones.........in a review of their Earl's Court shows in 1976................"They have become a parody of themselves".............personally I don't get the analysis either way (How are they taking the piss out of their former selves ?), I don't get it but that's another story....I just know I had great time in 1976 and have a great time listening now...so..??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-11 04:20 by EddieByword.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: February 11, 2011 05:56

Mick, Try to remember not to use the "f" word at the Grammy's...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 11, 2011 06:42

riverrat
You mean like saying F U Keith?grinning smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: February 12, 2011 04:14

sweetcharmedlife
riverrat
You mean like saying F U Keith?grinning smiley

lol We all know that will be his unspoken message.winking smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 12, 2011 05:10

On our local all news radio station they did a preview of the Grammy's and they said the Rolling Stones (among other artists) will be performing.

....I guess to some folks, Mick is the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: February 12, 2011 05:26

BluzDude
On our local all news radio station they did a preview of the Grammy's and they said the Rolling Stones (among other artists) will be performing.

Then again, maybe we are in for a huge surprise? Maybe Keith will introduce Mick and the two of them will kiss and make up right there on the stage? Not likely, but stranger things have happened.

Date: February 12, 2011 05:31

BluzDude

Yeah it's the oversimplifaction of life. Why get the facts straight,when you can just get them half right. Welcome to Hollywood.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 12, 2011 19:05

This is what I got in my mail box today .

Steve Baltin
Contributor
Steve Baltin has written for Rolling Stone, L.A. Times, Mojo, and many other publications, as well as 'From The Inside: Linkin Park's Meteora' and the liner notes to the recent Jane's Addiction box set.

[www.spinner.com]

This year's Grammys lineup is turning into an embarrassment of riches with the recent additions of Bob Dylan, Barbra Streisand and Dr. Dre, who's making his first performance at the award show alongside Eminem. Still, it's hard to top the anticipation of Mick Jagger's first-ever Grammy appearance, a fact that even blows away NARAS President Neil Portnow.

"It is first time he's ever performed on the Grammy stage. Pretty stunning that is the case, isn't it?" Portnow asks Spinner.

So, how did it come to pass that Jagger, who's played everywhere from Fenway Park to the Super Bowl, is finally coming to music's biggest awards show?

"We do a segment called 'In Memoriam' because we lose so many wonderful people and we want to recognize that. When we saw that Solomon Burke passed we thought that maybe we'd wind up at the end of this segment with a musical tribute to Solomon," Portnow says. "If you think about Mick's generation, growing up in the UK, and how much most of those young musicians really idolized American R&B, soul, blues and so on, we thought this might be something that would resonate with Mick and it sure did. He was very quick to say 'I love that idea.'"

The 53rd Grammy Awards air at 8PM ET on Feb. 13 on CBS.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 13, 2011 01:39

[www.independent.co.uk]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: February 13, 2011 02:15

paulywaul
[www.independent.co.uk]

Quote:

Here are the nominations in the main categories:

- Record of the Year: "Nothin' on You" by B.o.B with Bruno Mars; "Love the Way you Lie" by Eminem featuring Rihanna; "F-u-c-k You!" by Cee Lo Green; "Empire State of Mind" by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys; and "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum.

No question that Record of the Year award should go to Cee Lo Green and his ground-breaking album "@#$%& You!" F-- You! is probably the most important pop album in decades. Has anyone listened to the record and how would you compare it to the Beatles' Sargent Pepper album?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-13 02:19 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 13, 2011 03:25

ya think mick will have a sock in his pants to prove he doesnt have a tiny todger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-13 03:32 by melillo.

Date: February 14, 2011 02:43

Lady Ga Ga certainly knows how to make an entrance. Ga Ga is at it again.[awards.music.yahoo.com]

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 14, 2011 03:02

sing i ain't signifying, let them eat blues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-14 03:07 by Natlanta.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: February 14, 2011 03:20

It´s boring wait. I just want to see mick sings.

Posted by: bustabutton ()
Date: February 14, 2011 03:30

I just found what seems to be a live stream of the Grammys, but they just went to commercials and mentioned all the live acts coming up and nothing about Mick!? Did he already perform?? Is anyone watching?

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: February 14, 2011 03:33

sweetcharmedlife
BluzDude

Yeah it's the oversimplifaction of life. Why get the facts straight,when you can just get them half right. Welcome to REMOVED FOR CORRECTION.eye rolling smiley
That would be "welcome to the ENTIRE American MEDIA MONSTER MACHINE where facts don't matter much anymore" - ain't got nothin' to do with Hollywood on it's own SCL - it's ALL the news (and that mainly comes out of NYC) ") Rock On !!! Let's see Dylan at 70 (3 months short), up in minutes.....

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 14, 2011 03:35

bustabutton
I just found what seems to be a live stream of the Grammys, but they just went to commercials and mentioned all the live acts coming up and nothing about Mick!? Did he already perform?? Is anyone watching?

They mentioned Mick at the top of the show. Apparently he's not on this segment, not until later....
Egads...It might be a looooong night.

Posted by: hailtothestones ()
Date: February 14, 2011 03:39

bustabutton, I saw the same teaser after the first segment. He hasnt performed yet. Intersting though they havent mentioned him yet. If like folks were saying that they got the idea to have him for the In memoriaum thing then I assume it will be towards the end of the show.

Date: February 14, 2011 03:46

Just Mentioned (coming up)

Dylan

Jagger

Bab's (I'm sure she's last)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG Night? Yep, Much too long - I need some medication.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-14 03:48 by CrissCrossMind.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 14, 2011 03:48

CrissCrossMind

Dylan

Jagger

And Jagger is probably next to last or last. You know the routine, and intro, a song, then 8 minutes of commercials. With an occasional award stuck in between.

Date: February 14, 2011 03:50

bustabutton
Got a link?

Date: February 14, 2011 03:50

Yeah, that's how it's gonna be (but I think JEFF BECK might be playin' live so that's a bit of good news, let's hope)

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 14, 2011 03:51

The Sicilian
CrissCrossMind

Dylan

Jagger

And Jagger is probably next to last or last. You know the routine, and intro, a song, then 8 minutes of commercials. With an occasional award stuck in between.

You got that right!
Ya, I might need some medication to get through all of this.
Okay, Jeff Beck, please come on soon...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 14, 2011 04:17

And the winner of best rock album is..............

The Muse, The Resistance

Date: February 14, 2011 04:19

Justin Beaver Kid on now (blood flowing out of my left ear)

MUSE just won over PEARL JAM, TOM PETTY, and BECK for best rock album?!?!?! - Gimme a F*ckin' break.....

Dylan is up NEXT (so they say)

I heard the name ARCADE FIRE but no JEFF BECK (I'll take Beck anytime)

EMINEM gonna perform

JAGGER and STREISAND will be the last 2 FOR SURE !!! - what's the advice on the medicine? Suggestions. This is worse than math class in school...

ARCADE FIRE might be last.....

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 14, 2011 04:20

sweetcharmedlife
bustabutton
Got a link?

got a tv? (cbs)

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 14, 2011 04:22

Is this live

[www.grammy.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1110
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home