Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 15
Re: Jagger at Grammy awards
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 3, 2011 21:41

Wise words mtaylor. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 3, 2011 21:43

sweet neo con
Jagger alone?
more evidence that Keith physically can't play guitar anymore.

Nonsense.

-------------------

Date: February 3, 2011 21:45

proudmary
I think it's evidence that Mick can't be on one stage with Keith Richards anymore.

You call that thinking ???

-------------------

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 3, 2011 22:05

Rolling Hansie
sweet neo con
Jagger alone?

Nonsense.
Well we don't know Hansie. It would be nice to see him try. It would be nice to see Keith do something besides trash Mick.

Date: February 3, 2011 22:12

sweetcharmedlife
It would be nice to see him try. It would be nice to see Keith do something besides trash Mick.

That's a complete different story. I called it nonsense to say this was more evidence that Keith physically can't play guitar anymore.

-------------------

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: February 3, 2011 23:02

Kinda strange w/o Keith, but hey,at least we get Mick. Thw question will remain can Keith still play after 4 years of doing not alot. He recently admitted in an interview that he is rusty and hasn't been playing much.Memo to Keith:
Start practicing.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 3, 2011 23:06

Not too long ago Mick sang with U2 in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Gimme Shelter. There was no Keith!!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 3, 2011 23:07

can't stand the Grammys, but for Solomon....ok.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 3, 2011 23:28

Midnight Toker
Kinda strange w/o Keith, but hey,at least we get Mick. Thw question will remain can Keith still play after 4 years of doing not alot. He recently admitted in an interview that he is rusty and hasn't been playing much.Memo to Keith:
Start practicing.

I would say it would have been more strange if he would perform with Keith than just by doing it by himself. As far as I recall the New York 11/09 performance has been the only time ever when Mick and Keith have performed together outside the Rolling Stones. And both of them have done numerious 'solo' performances in different occasions - Mick just 'recently' with U2.

The Glimmer Twins matters and exists only within the context of The Stones. (My impression is that it would need almost a miracle - or a horrible amount of money - if one could get those two to share the same stage independent of The Stones).

- Doxa

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 4, 2011 00:31

Nice that Mick is playing - but how bloody difficult could it REALLY have been for the four of them to have got together for a few hours to rehearse a performance of, say, 'Everybody Needs Somebody' or 'Cry To Me' ?

A Stones performance would have been a major media event and would have reminded the world that they're still a living, breathing entity - whereas no one outside of a few fan forums gives a toss about a solo appearance.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 4, 2011 00:46

Looks like Jagger's getting that itch to tour again. Hmm, could a solo tour be far behind?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 4, 2011 00:50

ohnonotyouagain
Looks like Jagger's getting that itch to tour again. Hmm, could a solo tour be far behind?

I think thats a bit of a stretch. he performed at the RnRHoF with U2 16 months ago and that didnt exactly usher in a period of performing activity.

There's no demand for a solo tour. Mick knows that as well as anyone.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 4, 2011 01:25

Although it's all speculation about Keith's condition as far as his playing goes but it makes you wonder still....and Elton's comments were right on, I thought. I can't imagine Mick NOT being pissed about Keith's book but whether or not he chooses to ignore it so that ther tour can go onis the question. Mick is the bigger person and the adult in this relationship and it he decides to ignore it and carry on, the Stones will go on. I'm sure there are other factors involved at this point concerning the status of a tour. Things we could never know. Still, I can't wait to see Mick perform! GO MICK! Show 'em how it's done!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 4, 2011 01:34

He'll be sining his ass off, maybe putting on a few moves, probably make a heartfelt speech of gratitude about SB....and everybody will just be wondering about that alleged "Tiny Todger".

Date: February 4, 2011 01:36

mickschix
I can't imagine Mick NOT being pissed about Keith's book

I can't imagine Mick being pissed about Keith's book ... really

-------------------

Date: February 4, 2011 01:37

Gazza
Nice that Mick is playing

Absolutely

-------------------

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: February 4, 2011 06:20

That's exciting!!!!!!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 4, 2011 11:14

SwayStones
sweet neo con
Jagger alone?

if Keith was able...I would've expected a Jagger/Richards appearance like the CONCERT FOR NEW YORK (911).

Yes .

I used to go to parties with the same friend all the time. Just because I'm at a party and he's not doens't mean that he can't party anymore, he just isn't there that night...

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 4, 2011 12:50

[www.thisislondon.co.uk]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: February 4, 2011 13:01

Since Jagger is commiting himself to this performance it IS a sign of good things to come such as a tour this year..hmm

Date: February 4, 2011 14:51

Gazza
Nice that Mick is playing - but how bloody difficult could it REALLY have been for the four of them to have got together for a few hours to rehearse a performance of, say, 'Everybody Needs Somebody' or 'Cry To Me' ?

A good, decent question. But seemingly there is no will. Who knows those bloody mental issues - I think they are more that than physical - that stands in a way for these few gentleman to pick up their instruments and just play some music together. They used to do that for their living and for fun and just for the sake of it, since they were... a group of musicians who were teamed up for being an artistic unit called a band. Now this "band" exists in some bloody transcendental sense of the word in some cosmic reality.

How on earth is that so difficult? Is it really so that these people - at least two of them - dislike so much playing together (sharing the same stage) that it needs a Cohlian number and context to make even one note played together possible?

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-04 14:53 by Doxa.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 4, 2011 15:44

Mick is warming up for March 9th

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: February 4, 2011 15:47

Harm

What's going on March 9th?

Very nice of Mick to pay tribute. Looking forward to seeing him!

Date: February 4, 2011 16:00

TrulyMicks
Harm

Ian Stewart Tribute in London. At least - or that's have been rumoured - Charlie, Bill, and Ronnie will be there.

- Doxa

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 4, 2011 17:07

yeah, but jagger wont be there
jeroen

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 4, 2011 17:17

Doxa
Gazza

A good, decent question. But seemingly there is no will. Who knows those bloody mental issues - I think they are more that than physical - that stands in a way for these few gentleman to pick up their instruments and just play some music together. They used to do that for their living and for fun and just for the sake of it, since they were... a group of musicians who were teamed up for being an artistic unit called a band. Now this "band" exists in some bloody transcendental sense of the word in some cosmic reality.

How on earth is that so difficult? Is it really so that these people - at least two of them - dislike so much playing together (sharing the same stage) that it needs a Cohlian number and context to make even one note played together possible?

- Doxa

After Todgergate it's quite impossible to them to share one stage, at least at this moment. Discussion proceeding already for four month concerning Jagger's 67 years old penis - which all new characters like Elton and Marianne enter - doesn't leave to Mick many options. Maybe in a year all that will be forgotten, but now to play with KR together like as nothing happened?
Come on, what we have here is unprecedented- even Monica Levinsky didn't elaborate on Bill's cock size

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-04 17:23 by proudmary.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: February 4, 2011 17:36

Doxa
TrulyMicks
Harm

Ian Stewart Tribute in London. At least - or that's have been rumoured - Charlie, Bill, and Ronnie will be there.

- Doxa

Oh! That would be great if Mick show's up. I'd love it.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 4, 2011 18:17

corriecas
yeah, but jagger wont be there
jeroen

You are most probably right. But one can daydream..

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: February 4, 2011 20:53

If you watch Youtube clips from the last tour and a few clips of Richards on stage with the Crickets when they entered the musicians Hall of Fame it seems his Guitar Playing has really gotten bad. Look at clips from the late 60's, the 70's and the 80's. He was never a great Guitar player but he could really Rock!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 4, 2011 22:27

Gazza
ohnonotyouagain

I think thats a bit of a stretch. he performed at the RnRHoF with U2 16 months ago and that didnt exactly usher in a period of performing activity.
That's still 2 more shows than Keith has played in the same time frame.confused smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1948
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home