Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rolling Stones Outtake: Fast Talking - Slow Walking
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 5, 2011 22:12

One of there best outtakes, and for sure it;s from the GHS sessions, if it was from the EOMS sessions they probably had use it for the new Exile release

Date: February 5, 2011 22:23

This one say GHS sessions

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: February 5, 2011 22:39

thanks for all informations ! bout this track,,,,

it' seems that i have to change this to 1972 ghs sessions... smiling smiley

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 6, 2011 00:24

I still feel like some other artist should do a definitive version of this song. It's beautiful, but too sentimental for the Stones (at least, before "Following the River" ).

who do you think would do the best job of it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-06 01:09 by cc.

Date: February 6, 2011 00:44

Joe Cocker......just is the first one that slips to mind

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: February 6, 2011 05:10

Perish the thought, but, at times, the way Mick phrases the melody reminds me of "Hard Woman."eye rolling smiley

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 8, 2011 00:13

sweetcharmedlife
Yeah I've heard this before. May have it on some bootleg. Def sounds like a GHS outtake. But to me,it doesn't sound like anything that deserves replacing something that's already on an album. Decent track that might be included on a outtakes release. Not much more than that.

I agree. Its great, but like most Stones outtakes, no matter how good it sounds, and how cool it is, there's always that element that you recognize...that made it just not good enough..
I was recently listening to an Aretha Franklin cd full of demos and outtakes and its the same thing. WIth artists like the Stones and Aretha Franklin or whoever, they're so good that their outtakes are worthy of listening - they're other artists' masterpieces.
As much as I like Fast Talking, or Save Me or any number of Stones outtakes,
there's always that weak spot - maybe the chorus is weak...or maybe it sounds too similar to something else, too something or not something enough......or sounds half-complete.
YOu can always recognize why it was left off.

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: November 29, 2011 11:22

Is there a download of Fast Talking available? This song is just amazing and I don't know how I missed it all of these years. It's definitely a GHS session to my ears.

EDIT: The Fast Talking CD posted above looks interesting. It appears I've missed a few songs from my favorite era...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-29 11:46 by ajc68.

Posted by: msw2525 ()
Date: June 26, 2012 22:52

By far one of the best unreleased songs I have heard from them. Micks vocals and delivery as song the progresses is great. Would have been a great addition to GHS.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 26, 2012 23:30

I am really disappointed that GHS doesn't have a deluxe cd set with Disc1 being the released album, and Disc 2 the outtakes, and Disc 3 some of the live recordings of the era. But, the thin gruel of a Life 50th book and a slap dash Muddy Waters session is what we will have to make do with.

We only get downloads of 3 concerts, and not CDs.

Here endeth my whinge !

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 27, 2012 05:46

GHS is not considered one of the top Stones albums. They'd probably have to do a Let It Bleed and Sticky Fingers one beforehand, with Sticky Fingers being more likely due to legal ownership.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 27, 2012 07:27

I am down on my knees praying for a GHS deluxe reissue. A 3-disc set with the original LP, outtakes, and Brussels (which of course we don't have on CD). One of the Stones' most unfairly maligned (or ignored) albums, imo, and the last time Mick Jagger wrote lyrics from a place of genuine personal emotion.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: June 27, 2012 15:28

Great outtake, sounds like Elton John when he was good

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: June 27, 2012 19:28

stupidguy2
sweetcharmedlife
Yeah I've heard this before. May have it on some bootleg. Def sounds like a GHS outtake. But to me,it doesn't sound like anything that deserves replacing something that's already on an album. Decent track that might be included on a outtakes release. Not much more than that.

I agree. Its great, but like most Stones outtakes, no matter how good it sounds, and how cool it is, there's always that element that you recognize...that made it just not good enough..
I was recently listening to an Aretha Franklin cd full of demos and outtakes and its the same thing. WIth artists like the Stones and Aretha Franklin or whoever, they're so good that their outtakes are worthy of listening - they're other artists' masterpieces.
As much as I like Fast Talking, or Save Me or any number of Stones outtakes,
there's always that weak spot - maybe the chorus is weak...or maybe it sounds too similar to something else, too something or not something enough......or sounds half-complete.
YOu can always recognize why it was left off.

Well to me a lot of their outtakes are still in "jam form", where they're feeling the song out. BTW, I love "jam form"!

Date: July 11, 2020 07:05

Came here to see which sessions this song dated from because it sounds like it could have been included.

Some of you guys were dead-on with Goats Deluxe packaging! smileys with beer

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: October 13, 2021 05:18

Thought I'd revive this thread now that the song will be on the Tattoo You re-issue, most likely with new vocals. Definitely feel like this song is an IORR outtake and it's listed on Nico's site as such.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 13, 2021 08:56

I was researching this song on YouTube yesterday in anticipation. There are nice versions dated to ‘77 and ‘79 also. Only 9 tracks totally around 40 minutes, such a tease.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 13, 2021 14:14

Who plays the guitars on this song

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 13, 2021 14:17

JordyLicks96
Thought I'd revive this thread now that the song will be on the Tattoo You re-issue, most likely with new vocals. Definitely feel like this song is an IORR outtake and it's listed on Nico's site as such.

I can't access the outtake from work, but I do hope new vocals aren't added. Are they needed? I can understand why Mick re-recoded his vocals for All The Rage, but not this one. If I recollect, the vocals sound OK.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 13, 2021 15:47

That photo of Charlie with his daughter is my favorite picture of him

Date: October 13, 2021 15:58

Big Al
JordyLicks96

I can't access the outtake from work, but I do hope new vocals aren't added. Are they needed? I can understand why Mick re-recoded his vocals for All The Rage, but not this one. If I recollect, the vocals sound OK.

On this track I'd say yes. It's a beautiful song, but unfortunately it's marred by mumbling and unfinished vocals.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: October 13, 2021 23:21

Can't wait to hear it

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: October 14, 2021 01:04

My guessing is that, other than Trouble's A Comin, there'll be new vocals on Fiji Jim, Shame Shame Shame, It's A Lie, Come to The Ball (whatever song that was originally) and Fast Talking Slow Walking.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 14, 2021 01:10

Come to The Ball (whatever song that was originally)

HHhaaaa maybe they did a
remake of On With The Show during the Tattooooo sessions ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 14, 2021 02:51

Rockman
Come to The Ball (whatever song that was originally)

HHhaaaa maybe they did a
remake of On With The Show during the Tattooooo sessions ...

I'd love to get a 12" Extended Dance Mix of that one...

...but I'm afraid Come To The Ball will be just a fully finished Gangster's Moll as they worked on that one during subsequent sessions as far as I can recall...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-14 02:55 by retired_dog.

Date: October 14, 2021 10:44

«Come to the ball, good 'ealth to you...»

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: October 14, 2021 18:59

There is a nice version on the Mayflower IORR Sessions/Captain Acid version still alive for download on Hot Stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-14 19:00 by TravellinMan.

Date: June 28, 2022 21:04

Taylor1
Who plays the guitars on this song

I think they're all Richards on the bootleg versions, including the Fully Finished Outtakes. It would be interesting to hear the one mentioned being done in Miami, which I believe has never been leaked.

On the released version Ron Wood managed to dub a less-exciting solo and lead guitar.

I question the liner notes as well, which is obviously not hard to do anymore; they don't mean anything. I don't hear any Mick Taylor guitar, nor do I believe it's Nicky Hopkins on piano. Sounds much more like a Billy Preston song, but who knows, Hopkins was awesome and could play in any style.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 30, 2022 05:16

I haven’t read all the posts here but can someone tell me of this cd ever been remastered, I have this cd got it long long time ago. It’s great stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-30 05:17 by babyblue.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home