Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Anyone Checked Out The Winery Dogs?
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: August 6, 2013 15:39

Picked up the album Friday and can't stop listening to it. I'm a big Richie Kotzen fan. Mike Portnoy and Billy Sheehan are an amazing rhythm section.

[www.thewinerydogs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-06 16:05 by JohnnyBGoode.

Re: OT - Anyone Checked Out The Winery Dogs?
Date: August 6, 2013 16:03

i like the album and am glad its selling well and kotzen is getting some recognition here in the states

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: August 6, 2013 17:35

Sheehan is incredible but this band's vocals and songwriting are just dull, generic predictable rock.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 6, 2013 20:17

WorriedAboutYou
Sheehan is incredible but this band's vocals and songwriting are just dull, generic predictable rock.
I don't completely agree with that, but I'll say its not far off from what I think. Eddie Trunk, NY radio personality, who I agree with on most things, has been talking about this since at least April so I had pretty high hopes. He is sort of directly involved, but he seems to just genuinely love their music so I believed him. Billy Sheehan is great in anything, and the band is actually not bad, but the record has the EXACT same feel the entire way through! Maybe thats just me? I mean, I get bored by song 5, and the 4 songs before that are good, certainly not great.

In all honestly, I find the songs to be structured as nothing special rock songs, then with a kind of poppy sort of catchy chorus, but mostly that chorus is rock inspired so its a completely different feel for the song. First thing I thought when I heard Elevate. "Ok, this song is good" then the chorus kicks in and its like "did anyone not notice that was a huge change". I've grown to it now, but the thing I hated about Elevate was the chorus. Way too poppy for me. Anyway, I've heard the whole album several times through and it didn't grow on me. I can't believe people are calling them the next Zeppelin and the album is getting praised, but good for them. They are all good guys so its not like they don't deserve it. And Kotzen is hugely underrated so if this is what gets him the exposure then I'm happy. I'm just not on the bandwagon with everyone else I guess.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: August 6, 2013 21:04

Worst Band Name Ever.

Cant get past it...and dont like Dream Theater so Im holding that against them

Posted by: kwf ()
Date: August 6, 2013 21:21

Good stuff...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 6, 2013 22:16

lettingitbleed
Worst Band Name Ever.

Cant get past it...and dont like Dream Theater so Im holding that against them

have heard a lot worse band names

some of them for real big time bands too

many examples..

crash test dummies

presidents of the united states

goo goo dolls

ratt

just a few

I heard of a band called 'stool' the other day..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home