Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dressman had a sale...
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 19, 2013 22:34

...and I bought this. Quite a bargain at $5. You had to buy two other items though to get it.
So I paid $15 (100 SEK) for four pair of socks and a Stones compilation CD.
Nothing special about the CD but it's a perfect mix for a car CD.

Start Me Up 03:33 (Jagger/Richards)
Harlem Shuffle 03:50 (Jagger/Richards)
Miss You 03:35 (Jagger/Richards)
Beast of Burden 03:28 (Jagger/Richards)
Happy 03:05 (Jagger/Richards)
Angie 04:32 (Jagger/Richards)
You Got Me Rocking 03:34 (Jagger/Richards)
Shattered 03:46 (Jagger/Richards)
Fool to Cry 04:07 (Jagger/Richards)
Mixed Emotions 04:01 (Jagger/Richards)
Tumbling Dice 03:47 (Jagger/Richards)
Undercover of the Night 04:13 (Jagger/Richards)
Emotional Rescue 03:41 (Jagger/Richards)
It's Only Rock 'n Roll (But I Like It) 04:09 (Jagger/Richards)
Wild Horses 05:42 (Jagger/Richards)
Hot Stuff 05:21 (Jagger/Richards)

Re: Dressman had a sale...
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 19, 2013 23:19

There is a bizarre conspiracy to force "You Got Me Rocking" on people as if it's some kind of "hit". I cannot account for its appearance in live sets either.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 19, 2013 23:23

Stoneage
...and I bought this. Quite a bargain at $5. You had to buy two other items though to get it.
So I paid $15 (100 SEK) for four pair of socks and a Stones compilation CD.
Nothing special about the CD but it's a perfect mix for a car CD.

Very cool, thank you for the great tip!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 20, 2013 20:45

71Tele
There is a bizarre conspiracy to force "You Got Me Rocking" on people as if it's some kind of "hit". I cannot account for its appearance in live sets either.

I agree with you. But strangely enough I found myself listening more to YGMR and Mixed Emotions than the others. They sound fresher to me probaly because I havent played them to death like i have with some of the others.
I actually like the intro to YGMR but when Jagger's voice comes in it kind of fades. And ME has some crisp guitar work on it. I never liked YGMR live though even if it's a modern war horse.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 20, 2013 20:50

You Got Me Rocking is an international megahit and you...like all others will fall in line and adore it...or just go find another band to question...you're lucky they even play it for you bastards...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 20, 2013 21:24

You can say what you want about the song but it's quite popular with Stones fans in the post-Wyman era. It's been performed many times in concert and I think it was even the opening number at least once. It's not like you can make it go away. For the post-Wyman era it's one of a handful of songs the crowd knows and accepts. It's got some great guitars.

I'm amused by the hatred some people have for Miss You, Emotional Rescue, and even the much abused Indian Girl. One of them is a massive hit single, the next a fun summer song for 1980, and the other is a nice little tune with some depth to it. I don't hate Stones songs. If I don't like one I push fast forward.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2113
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home