Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bianca Jagger - as she has faded into the more distant past of the of the Stones
Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: June 22, 2013 23:29

history actually becomes more interesting to me. She has remained largely silent since here divorce - with very very occasional forays into her past life. I think she did not really cooperate with the Exile re-lease and the film as I recall - mostly because she did not really care to look back at that part of her life.

Does anyone know when the last time attended a Stones' show. I know that she and Mick have appeared to be civil to one another during family occasions. But has she ever attended a show post divorce?

Re: Bianca Jagger - as she has faded into the more distant past of the of the Stones
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 22, 2013 23:40

I've read that she's not a big Stones fan...seems she can't relate to some of the lyrics...

Re: Bianca Jagger - as she has faded into the more distant past of the of the Stones
Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: June 22, 2013 23:42

She is a person "qui se marre quand elle se brule" That's all!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 23, 2013 00:20

bigbitch
history actually becomes more interesting to me. She has remained largely silent since here divorce - with very very occasional forays into her past life. I think she did not really cooperate with the Exile re-lease and the film as I recall - mostly because she did not really care to look back at that part of her life.

Does anyone know when the last time attended a Stones' show. I know that she and Mick have appeared to be civil to one another during family occasions. But has she ever attended a show post divorce?

If you look at her Twitter, she has posted a few Stones videos, a quote from Keith...
She doesn't do the obvious 'Stones' ex' things, and its true she doesn't talk about those years, but I think its more of a privacy thing than anything else.
I actually think Bianca has taken a more visible role in the Stones' history in the last few years. There was a time when it seemed like she had been erased from Stones' history because of the nastiness of the divorce and Mick's apparently bitter feelings toward her...But they're both older now, and maybe some of that bitterness has faded - because she seems to be reference in Stones' history more than she used to.
While she didn't participate in the Exile doc, she was in it, had her place in that part of their history. She's also the only Stones women shown in the Plundered My Soul video, she was seen in Crossfire Hurricane, and she was mentioned, respectfully, by both Keith and Ronnie in their memoirs. She's also the only Mick chick seen in their last coffee table photo book.
She will always be a silent factor in Stones' history, and I respect her more for it. The Bianca-was-a-stuck-up-bitch refrain is an outdated one and I think she would rather live a private life doing her own thing.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 23, 2013 00:31

[www.dailymail.co.uk] Recent news on her

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 23, 2013 02:17

She's been involved in a lot of very worthwhile causes (and a few questionable ones, admittedly)--she probably just feels her life and priorities have moved on.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: June 23, 2013 02:41

SHE'S LONG AGO GIVEN UP THE CELEBRITY FRIVOLITY AND LEADS A DIGNIFIED PURPOSEFUL LIFE.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 23, 2013 06:00

triceratops

I remember reading about that years ago. The man, who's daughter found the ring, didn't say anything until he found out its value and that there was a reward. When Bianca offered to give his daughter the reward money set up in some fund or account for her use, with the rest going to charity, the father sued because he wanted the whole amount for himself. The Daily Mail made it sound like Bianca didn't want to pay the reward, but it seems she didn't want to give it all the greedy father. And Bianca never gives in,...

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 23, 2013 06:08

BILLPERKS
SHE'S LONG AGO GIVEN UP THE CELEBRITY FRIVOLITY AND LEADS A DIGNIFIED PURPOSEFUL LIFE.

what, are you implying that playing Start Me UP for the gazillionth time and inviting taylor swift on stage is not a dignified purposeful life?

:-)

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 23, 2013 10:13

triceratops

I would think she inflated the value of the ring in expectation of an insurance pay-out and did not expect it to be returned! Appalling that she tried to escape paying the finder's fee. But clearly all she has to do is have the ring valued.

As for her getting on with Mick - Jade's family wedding photos are incredibly funny due to Bianca's scowling.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 23, 2013 12:13

Aquamarine
She's been involved in a lot of very worthwhile causes (and a few questionable ones, admittedly)--she probably just feels her life and priorities have moved on.

Yup and thats the part I really dislike.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 23, 2013 15:07

Does anyone know why she kept Jaggers name?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 23, 2013 16:32

Wuudy

easier to spell?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: June 23, 2013 17:12

treaclefingers
Wuudy

easier to spell?
Than Macias? Really?

Posted by: Keef1966 ()
Date: June 23, 2013 19:05

02 January 2009

Former model Bianca Jagger and singer Annie Lennox joined human rights campaigners today to call on American president elect Barack Obama to speak up against the Israeli bombardment of the Gaza Strip.
Also in this Section
Five people die in Syria bombings Gandolfini body set to return home Baby rescued from drain in Spain Panda gives birth to twins in China Solar Panels (Pay No $)
Solar for $0 Down + Save Thousands! Free No Obligation Quote, Call Now.

Speaking at a press conference in central London, Ms Jagger said: "I would like to make an appeal to president elect Obama to speak up.

"People throughout the world were hopeful when he was elected and we must appeal to him to ask for the immediate cessation of the bombardment of the civilian population in the Gaza Strip."

The press conference was called ahead of a demonstration tomorrow that is expected to see thousands of people rally along the Embankment in London before marching to Trafalgar Square to demand an immediate end to the Israeli attacks.

Annie Lennox spoke of her shock at watching scenes of the bombing on television.

She said: "A few days after Christmas I came downstairs, put the television on, and saw smoke pyres coming from buildings and I was shocked to the core because I was thinking as a mother and as a human being.

"How was this going to be the solution to peace?"

Comedian Alexei Sayle said he was speaking out because it was important for Jewish voices to be heard.

He said: "I want to feel proud of Israel, I want to be proud of my people but I am ashamed."

Also present at the press conference were the writer Tariq Ali, Lib Dem MP Sarah Teather, Labour MP Jeremy Corbyn and Respect MP George Galloway.

Over 400 Gazans have been killed and some 1,700 have been wounded since Israel began its aerial campaign on Saturday, Gaza health officials said.

The UN said the death toll in Gaza included more than 60 civilians, 34 of them children.

Three Israeli civilians and one soldier have also died in rocket attacks that have reached deeper into Israel than ever before, bringing one eighth of Israel's population within rocket range.

Israel launched the offensive after more than a week of Palestinian rocket fire that followed a six month truce.

An Israeli military spokesman announced yesterday that preparations for a ground operation were complete.

The demonstration is the culmination of days of smaller protests around the country and outside the Israeli Embassy in Kensington, central London.

Another demonstration outside the Egyptian Embassy in London is planned.

More than 30 organisations, including the British Muslim Initiative and the Stop the War Coalition have joined forces to organise the protest.

This is the kind of stuff she is up to......

Date: June 23, 2013 19:12

Bianca Jagger Joins Death Penalty Protest
April 7, 2003
Model-turned-activist Bianca Jagger joined several hundred people in downtown Pittsburgh for a march and candlelight vigil against capital punishment.

"The death penalty is a barbaric act of state-sanctioned murder," the longtime Amnesty International activist said from her hotel room. "What is most disturbing is the fallibility of humans. We cannot risk executing those who are innocent."

Jagger was one of several speakers during the vigil Saturday at The Andy Warhol Museum.

In the mid-1990s, Jagger lobbied then-Gov. Jim Edgar of Illinois to commute Guinevere Garcia's death sentence. Jagger also witnessed the 2000 execution of Texas inmate Gary Graham, whose conviction was based largely on a single witness.

The death penalty was just one of many issues discussed at Amnesty International's annual meeting this week. In January, Amnesty USA executive director William Schulz used the Warhol museum as the site to begin a national campaign against capital punishment for people who committed their crimes as juveniles.

She also hangs out in Pittsburgh.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 23, 2013 19:58

Well, she still goes to see Stones films - she was the person before me in the queue for the ladies after the London premiere of Ladies & Gentlemen in 2010!

Date: June 23, 2013 20:15

where does she find the time to go to the movies? from trying to save the condemned and stopping wars.. sounds like a 24 hour a day / 8 days a week job,

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 23, 2013 22:04

I met her at the premiere party for "Cinderella Man" in LA, in 2003. She's beautiful, but has that "don't f--- with me" look of disdain and boredom perfected by models and minor actresses. I bravely tried a few conversational lines about human rights, blah-blah, but she was less than impressed and walked off with her coterie of female assistants. I should have serenaded her with a few lines from "Respectable."

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 23, 2013 22:26

DeanGoodman
...I should have serenaded her with a few lines from "Respectable."

Very funny, DeanGoodman. I sorta met her too, in the 90's at a small party at a big wig's house in DC. I remember how beautiful she was in a gorgeous silk pantsuit. I was impressed because she was there by herself, just floating around talking to the other big wig guests. Later on, she sat on the couch all alone, with that same bored, don't approach me look. I was really tempted to sit down and talk to her, but too scared to do something like that in those days. Saw Robert DeNiro at the same party, it was quite an afternoon for little ole me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-24 01:08 by latebloomer.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 23, 2013 22:43

Ah yes...Bianca. I believe at least half of her is sincere.
There was a time when I was going back and forth between London and Paris a lot. I was "busy person" although Bianca seemed to have confused me with being a maid. And wanted me to do some shopping and errands for her.

I said pleasantly: "I'm afraid that won't be possible."

Wish CindyC could have been in DC with LateBloomer. Cindy and Bianca would be a very interesting combo. Would be surprised if their conversation lasted long.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 23, 2013 23:16

Yes, she definitely has cultivated that DFWM look to perfection! She had it that night in the queue for the ladies and another time a few years earlier when I was also next to her in a queue for conference ID badges. Except she needn't have bothered, as no one was paying attention to her on either occasion. I don't think she was particularly on anyone's radar.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: June 23, 2013 23:40

kudos to her efforts in striving for social justice. The Stones have faded into the more distant past of the Stones; Bianca has found her more natural calling since leaving the life of rockstar wife. She paid her dues. Anyone who went thru the life she did in the 1970's probably would come across as guarded and DFWM over time, no?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 24, 2013 03:54

stonesrule
Wish CindyC could have been in DC with LateBloomer. Cindy and Bianca would be a very interesting combo. Would be surprised if their conversation lasted long.

I'm sure it wouldn't have. Unless she has an arsenal of dirty jokes at the ready.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 24, 2013 03:59

At least Bianca wasn't accused of breaking up The Stones...
That'd be a very good reason in itself for the DFWM look.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 24, 2013 04:42

I kind of agree with her on the ring. Why give this guy (who now even hired a lawyer for it) thousands of dollars just because he did something that was the right thing to do all along? Big deal! he found a ring. It's not like he spent days and nights searching; he bumped into it, and told someone. Yeah give him a coupla bucks...
Can these women who married a Stone do anything right? write a book, don't write a book. keep the name, don't keep the name. She puts her support to some worthy causes and deserves a post like "how does she even find time to go to the movies? sounds like a 24/7 job".

Date: June 24, 2013 08:11

Keef1966
02 January 2009

Former model Bianca Jagger and singer Annie Lennox joined human rights campaigners today to call on American president elect Barack Obama to speak up against the Israeli bombardment of the Gaza Strip.
Also in this Section
Five people die in Syria bombings Gandolfini body set to return home Baby rescued from drain in Spain Panda gives birth to twins in China Solar Panels (Pay No $)
Solar for $0 Down + Save Thousands! Free No Obligation Quote, Call Now.

Speaking at a press conference in central London, Ms Jagger said: "I would like to make an appeal to president elect Obama to speak up.

"People throughout the world were hopeful when he was elected and we must appeal to him to ask for the immediate cessation of the bombardment of the civilian population in the Gaza Strip."

The press conference was called ahead of a demonstration tomorrow that is expected to see thousands of people rally along the Embankment in London before marching to Trafalgar Square to demand an immediate end to the Israeli attacks.

Annie Lennox spoke of her shock at watching scenes of the bombing on television.

She said: "A few days after Christmas I came downstairs, put the television on, and saw smoke pyres coming from buildings and I was shocked to the core because I was thinking as a mother and as a human being.

"How was this going to be the solution to peace?"

Comedian Alexei Sayle said he was speaking out because it was important for Jewish voices to be heard.

He said: "I want to feel proud of Israel, I want to be proud of my people but I am ashamed."

Also present at the press conference were the writer Tariq Ali, Lib Dem MP Sarah Teather, Labour MP Jeremy Corbyn and Respect MP George Galloway.

Over 400 Gazans have been killed and some 1,700 have been wounded since Israel began its aerial campaign on Saturday, Gaza health officials said.

The UN said the death toll in Gaza included more than 60 civilians, 34 of them children.

Three Israeli civilians and one soldier have also died in rocket attacks that have reached deeper into Israel than ever before, bringing one eighth of Israel's population within rocket range.

Israel launched the offensive after more than a week of Palestinian rocket fire that followed a six month truce.

An Israeli military spokesman announced yesterday that preparations for a ground operation were complete.

The demonstration is the culmination of days of smaller protests around the country and outside the Israeli Embassy in Kensington, central London.

Another demonstration outside the Egyptian Embassy in London is planned.

More than 30 organisations, including the British Muslim Initiative and the Stop the War Coalition have joined forces to organise the protest.

This is the kind of stuff she is up to......

Yeah that's what I had in mind. Geez.

Date: June 24, 2013 08:14

winter
kudos to her efforts in striving for social justice. The Stones have faded into the more distant past of the Stones; Bianca has found her more natural calling since leaving the life of rockstar wife. She paid her dues. Anyone who went thru the life she did in the 1970's probably would come across as guarded and DFWM over time, no?

What Keef1966 posted as an example has zilch to do with "social justice".

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 24, 2013 11:36

angee
At least Bianca wasn't accused of breaking up The Stones...
That'd be a very good reason in itself for the DFWM look.

Actually, Mick's r'ship with Bianca seriously deepened the rift between him and Keith. Keith and Anita despised her for her values, and she hated and feared Anita, from many accounts of people who actually knew them. This led to her staying in Paris during the Nellcote sessions, and Mick staying with her instead of being with Keith for composing.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 24, 2013 14:41

Bliss
This led to her staying in Paris during the Nellcote sessions, and Mick staying with her instead of being with Keith for composing.

Maybe Jagger was not so keen on taking heroin with Keith...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-24 14:42 by Doxa.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home