Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sticky vinyl release 180 gr
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: August 23, 2012 14:48

For Christmas

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Let's hope it sounds really different than the previous one in the box set with ugly compression

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Re: Sticky vinyl release 180 gr
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 23, 2012 15:05

I am pretty sure it is the same master source that the Universal re-release was pressed from.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: August 23, 2012 16:52

This is Mobile Fidelity´s remastered (100% Analog) version of the LP; it is the best sounding version of it.
It was released, along with Some Girls, and a special Box Set of the 60´s works, in the early 80´s.

Unsurpassed.

www.mofi.com

Kind Regards

Date: August 23, 2012 16:54

Yeah it sounds fantastic. I have that box set. But I also feel the 80's Japanese import sounds just as good. And a nicer package.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: August 23, 2012 16:55

Yes you are right.
Japanese pressings of the 80´s were also top notch!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: August 23, 2012 20:59

Both Sticky Fingers and IORR are announced for December on amazon japan.

SF and IORR were the first albums available on last year's SHM-SACD series. These were direct transfers (no additional EQ, no compression...) from original analog tapes and sounded incredibly good.
It's possible these new vinyl pressings will be made the same way.

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: August 23, 2012 21:15

kowalski

SF and IORR were the first albums available on last year's SHM-SACD series. These were direct transfers (no additional EQ, no compression...) from original analog tapes and sounded incredibly good.

They are the same flat DSD transfers as the SACDs from last year, so NOT the currently available CD masterings that sound like crap:

UIJY-90001
The Rolling Stones/Sticky Fingers[Limited Release] [Pure 180g LP] LP
5524 yen US$69/79.57 Release Date:2012/12/12
Descriptiontongue sticking out smileyure 180g LP is the ultimate vinyl record that exemplifies the uncompromising quest for the perfect audio experience by integrating the latest technology and procedures available today. A completely new blend of colorless virgin vinyl weighing 180 grams has been specially developed for Pure 180g LP. Pressed directly from metal masters. Features SHM-SACD spec flat DSD transfer from the analog masters. All Pure 180g LP jackets feature the original LP designs.
URL - [www.cdjapan.co.jp]
UIJY-90002
The Rolling Stones/It's Only Rock 'n' Roll[Limited Release] [Pure 180g LP] LP
Descriptiontongue sticking out smileyure 180g LP is the ultimate vinyl record that exemplifies the uncompromising quest for the perfect audio experience by integrating the latest technology and procedures available today. A completely new blend of colorless virgin vinyl weighing 180 grams has been specially developed for Pure 180g LP. Pressed directly from metal masters. Features SHM-SACD spec flat DSD transfer from the analog masters. All Pure 180g LP jackets feature the original LP designs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-23 21:17 by tkl7.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 23, 2012 21:49

got the MFSL version of this...yeah!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: August 23, 2012 23:01

tkl7
kowalski

They are the same flat DSD transfers as the SACDs from last year, so NOT the currently available CD masterings that sound like crap:

UIJY-90001
The Rolling Stones/Sticky Fingers[Limited Release] [Pure 180g LP] LP
UIJY-90002

Very good news. This will be possibly the best version on vinyl then.

edit : prices on cdjpan are insane though. 70$??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-23 23:03 by kowalski.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 23, 2012 23:11

whitem8
Yeah it sounds fantastic. I have that box set. But I also feel the 80's Japanese import sounds just as good. And a nicer package.

This guys package is on the cover of most all SF releases...the japanese have found a nicer package to use?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 23, 2012 23:45

and its all 12 ...12...12

ROCKMAN

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: August 24, 2012 22:18

marquess

This is Mobile Fidelity´s remastered (100% Analog) version of the LP; it is the best sounding version of it.
It was released, along with Some Girls, and a special Box Set of the 60´s works, in the early 80´s.

Unsurpassed.

www.mofi.com

Kind Regards

I have it... Sounds brilliant yes

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: August 26, 2012 18:16

Munichhilton
whitem8

This guys package is on the cover of most all SF releases...the japanese have found a nicer package to use?

That's what she said.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 27, 2012 08:56

WOW, only 5524 yen...smiling bouncing smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: August 27, 2012 09:08

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
whitem8

That's what she said.

Oh my...well I didn't mean his package, which looks quite well endowed. No, the album's packaging. Much higher quality cardboard. Lyric sheet and great innersleeves.

Date: August 27, 2012 09:35

whitem8
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
whitem8

That's what she said.

Oh my...well I didn't mean his package, which looks quite well endowed. No, the album's packaging. Much higher quality cardboard. Lyric sheet and great innersleeves.

That's what she said.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 27, 2012 10:10

treaclefingers
That's what she said.
man, Ive really been trying to kick the habit...
but seeing you using... it just makes me jones!!

THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!! BWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA

Posted by: Cassius11 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 19:21

Listen to whatevere makes you happy, but the MFSL sounds like shit to me.Ricker was made by his booses to use way too much smiley face eq on those projects.

The best pressing IMO, and I have owned the original: UK, German, US, Japanese, and later Canadian is the US original. Look for the large text on the bottom of the label, in bold that says Dist. By Atco. The one made by the Monarch factory in LA is the absolute best. Look for a triangle in the deadwax.

Date: July 5, 2013 19:27

Cassius11
Listen to whatevere makes you happy, but the MFSL sounds like shit to me.Ricker was made by his booses to use way too much smiley face eq on those projects.

The best pressing IMO, and I have owned the original: UK, German, US, Japanese, and later Canadian is the US original. Look for the large text on the bottom of the label, in bold that says Dist. By Atco. The one made by the Monarch factory in LA is the absolute best. Look for a triangle in the deadwax.

If by the US original you mean as long as you don't mind not being able to listen to Sister Morphine because of zipper imprint into the wax...

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: July 5, 2013 19:42

tkl7
UIJY-90002
Descriptionure 180g LP is the ultimate vinyl record that exemplifies the uncompromising quest for the perfect audio experience by integrating the latest technology and procedures available today. A completely new blend of colorless virgin vinyl weighing 180 grams has been specially developed for Pure 180g LP. Pressed directly from metal masters. Features SHM-SACD spec flat DSD transfer from the analog masters. All Pure 180g LP jackets feature the original LP designs.

So does this mean we`ll get the speed corrected slower version of Fingerprint File on vinyl?

Tom

Posted by: bigtyke66 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 21:05

Cassius11

Totally agree. The MFSL is not in the same league as the original US-Monarch.

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: July 5, 2013 21:07

Will it be better than the original?

Date: July 5, 2013 21:10

NedKelly
Will it be better than the original?

Better, stronger, faster.

Best reissue ever!

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: July 10, 2013 20:40

bigtyke66
Cassius11

Totally agree. The MFSL is not in the same league as the original US-Monarch.

Add me to the list. I've never been impressed with the MFSL version at all. The original US pressing is much preferred.

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: July 10, 2013 20:42

Stones at the top...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: July 10, 2013 20:42

You what... they should leave this compression nonsense out.

Your playback equpiment should have a compression button if that's what you want.

It really is ridiculous that everything is geared around iPods and listening on the motorway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2301
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home