Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Jimmy Buffett Hospitalized After Serious Fall at Sydney Concert
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 26, 2011 17:40

Jimmy Buffett Hospitalized After Serious Fall at Sydney Concert

Published January 26, 2011
FoxNews.com

Singer Jimmy Buffett

Singer Jimmy Buffet was hospitalized last night with a head injury after falling off the stage at a concert in Sydney, Australia, the Daily Telegraph reported.

During the finale of his final concert in Sydney for the tour, the 64-year-old entertainer crashed into a large gap in front of the stage. Fans at the sold-out Hordern Pavillion were then urged to leave as Buffet lay on the floor of the first row of seats waiting for paramedics to arrive, the Telegraph reported.

Buffet was rushed to a local hospital, where he was listed in stable condition, TMZ reports.

According to TMZ, it appears that flashing lights from the lighting director may have triggered the fall, as Buffet was unable to see.

Members of the audience said Buffett could be heard striking metal on his way to the floor, where he then lay unconscious for 5-10 minutes .

An audience member told the Telegraph, “We were told to leave the premises. No one really wanted to leave because everyone was anxious to know if he survived the fall. Everyone was pretty horrified.''

[www.foxnews.com]#

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-26 17:42 by Edith Grove.

Re: OT: Jimmy Buffett Hospitalized After Serious Fall at Sydney Concert
Posted by: Brue ()
Date: January 26, 2011 19:05

Bad news. It would suck to leave about a billion dollars on the table. He's got more money than the Stones or U2.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: January 26, 2011 20:54

Gazza's feelings towards Bon Jovi aren't as strong as mine for Mr. Buffett. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Love him or hate - he's made a mint on a couple of hit singles from over 30 years ago - incredible.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: January 26, 2011 21:19

Shawn20
Gazza's feelings towards Bon Jovi aren't as strong as mine for Mr. Buffett. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Love him or hate - he's made a mint on a couple of hit singles from over 30 years ago - incredible.

he's made a "mint" off the tours, merchandise & restaurants etc....

i enjoy his older more country-style music........saw him several times at Alpine Valley.

anybody have further info on the severity? i haven't googled it yet.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 26, 2011 23:16

Here's the fall. It happens at 3:47. Down goes Jimmy.
[www.undercover.fm]

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: January 26, 2011 23:20

sweet neo con
Shawn20

True, I should have said "career" instead of mint. He had very few hit singles, but he is popular.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 27, 2011 01:58

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 27, 2011 02:04

Shawn20
sweet neo con
Shawn20

True, I should have said "career" instead of mint. He had very few hit singles, but he is popular.

He's made his career, and his fortune, selling a fantasy. Hats off to him.

Date: January 27, 2011 02:26

thanks for posting that video link.

very surreal. the crowd reaction (or lack of reaction) and everything.

media reports...claiming the lights were in his eyes. strange that he thought he
could walk that far out in front of his microphones....unless that
stage was somehow different than usual.

glad to read that it turned out to be minor.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: January 27, 2011 03:00

sweet neo con
glad to read that it turned out to be minor.

Better hope it doesn't turn into a Keef episode like the one a couple years ago. He was all describing how he fell out of the tree, the mechanics of it. Didn't swell up and starting hurting until about 72 hours later.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 27, 2011 03:53

Never really been a fan but I can see why alot of folks are if thats their cup of tea. One of our very own members here co-wrote the lead off song on his latest cd.....

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 27, 2011 04:25

What a gracious host to tell the crowd to just "move along" "I'm sure he'll be fine" "its getting late" or maybe that is how to be polite down there.

My point is the man fell off stage and everyone is clueless as to his condition and this oaf tries to herd grown adults out of the venue like a bunch of cattle or young kids. What a jerk.

Date: January 27, 2011 05:28

The Sicilian
What a gracious host to tell the crowd to just "move along" "I'm sure he'll be fine" "its getting late" or maybe that is how to be polite down there.

My point is the man fell off stage and everyone is clueless as to his condition and this oaf tries to herd grown adults out of the venue like a bunch of cattle or young kids. What a jerk.

that was my "take" also. strange.

Date: January 27, 2011 05:45

What's even stranger is that their seems to be a rash of people falling off the stage recently. Maybe they should drop all the bells and whistles and just stand there and play some good music.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-27 16:47 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 27, 2011 06:58

Fox news reported this? It must be a lie.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 27, 2011 08:10

Maybe this will cause the removal of his Parrothead drivel from the NO Jazzfest schedule. One can only hope....

No, I don't wish ill on the man personally, but I cannot stand anything about his music. It'd be a damn shame if Aretha cancelled twice and Parrottwat went on.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 27, 2011 14:10

BluzDude

I agree

Date: January 27, 2011 14:50

ab
Maybe this will cause the removal of his Parrothead drivel from the NO Jazzfest schedule. One can only hope....

No, I don't wish ill on the man personally, but I cannot stand anything about his music. It'd be a damn shame if Aretha cancelled twice and Parrottwat went on.

actually....it seems like you do wish ill on him. why the anger?

Date: January 27, 2011 16:18

BluzDude
No,they got it right. But they blamed the Democrats for the fall. They said the stage was too far to the left.winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: January 27, 2011 16:20

sweet neo con
strange that he thought he
could walk that far out in front of his microphones....unless that
stage was somehow different than usual.

The stage set up was different than what he is used to. The usual shows he does in the States features a rather large portion of stage in front of the mics. He always goes to the edge and shakes hands, etc. So obviously he could not see.

Date: January 27, 2011 16:21

sweetcharmedlife
What's even starnger is that thier seems to be a rash of people falling off the stage recently. Maybe they should drop all the bells and whistles and just stand there and play some good music.eye rolling smiley

Nahhhh. It's no different than the fish and birds dying lately - there's just more people talking about it and sharing it. It's always happened.

Date: January 27, 2011 16:22

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-27 16:47 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 27, 2011 17:49

Did he fall asleep during his own show?

Posted by: dj ()
Date: January 27, 2011 21:03

Shawn20

I'm a Buffett fan, though I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a Parrothead. A few things in his defense:

His catalogue is quite large - spanning several decades - and there's certainly more to it than "Margaritaville" and "Cheeseburger in Paradise".

Bob Dylan names Buffett as one of his favorite American songwriters.

He tours incessantly and EVERY show is broadcast live on his Sirius radio channel, which I think is admirable for a 60-something performer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home