Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

why Mick taylor on acoustic during satisfaction...
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 2, 2013 21:11

sorry if this has been posted before, but i dont understand why.

What is the reason behind this.

please no stupid or negative or dumb reactions please.

jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-02 21:11 by corriecas.

Re: why Mick taylor on acoustic during satisfaction...
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 2, 2013 21:20

You may have noticed a prominent acoustic guitar on the studio version? With three guitarists it makes perfect sense that someone would cover the acoustic part.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 2, 2013 21:26

yeah, but i did not hear any acoustic strings on the television. Maybe because of my ears, dont know..
thats why i asked.
thanks for your answer anyway.

jeroen

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: July 2, 2013 21:31

71Tele
You may have noticed a prominent acoustic guitar on the studio version? With three guitarists it makes perfect sense that someone would cover the acoustic part.

Was Taylor audible?

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: July 2, 2013 22:33

always the same problem about stones mixes on concerts.
I don t unserstand why guitars volume are low in the mix... same in the pay per view concert last december.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 2, 2013 22:34

the acoustic guitar was very loud on the radio mix...

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: July 2, 2013 22:49

O2
always the same problem about stones mixes on concerts.
I don t unserstand why guitars volume are low in the mix... same in the pay per view concert last december.

Sorry to say it, but the guitars are mixed low because they are playing CLAMS right and left. I tried listening to the pay-per-view audio on an Ipod, and Mick's vocals were just IMPOSSIBLY loud. But I could actually hear how on Gimme Shelter for instance, they turn Keith's guitar up for the signature intro, and then suddenly they pull him waaaaay down in the mix after the first few signature notes, because he gets the first few notes right but then he starts messing it up and getting sloppy.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: July 2, 2013 22:55

um...clams? Why not oysters? Or perhaps potted shrimp?

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 2, 2013 22:55

Keith once said acoustic guitars provide a "wash" on rocking numbers.

When I saw the Stones in Anaheim I must say I was slightly disappointed that—with MT on electric—the guitars didn't continue through the "solo drum" section like on the Ya Ya's box set "Satisfaction." (But also hard to knock Charlie getting his moment.)

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 2, 2013 23:10

Ronnie and Keith are playing great. I like the TV mix of Glasco... Taylor is appropriate on acoustic for Satisfaction. I hear him clearly. This is a great band, not close to perfect of course but they still manage to be the greatest in the world..

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: July 2, 2013 23:26

Because his solos in Satisfaction on previous shows,had been so much better than Keith's,that l guess Keith decided to have him just strum an acoustic guitar,bury him in the mix,and then Keith could try to do a decent solo,which by the way wasn't very good...

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: July 2, 2013 23:28

Taylors acoustic playing was very audible, and it did add to the sound.

I think that it's Mick T's way of telling Keith that he can blend in with the sound, as a opposed to his guiter being loud and on top of everything else. I dare say that Mick wants to extend, and possible expand his current tenure within the band, as is willing to bend a little to do so. Good luck to him, I hope he gets to stay with them.

Date: July 2, 2013 23:54

svt22
71Tele

Was Taylor audible?

Very audible.

I thought it worked nicely.

Date: July 2, 2013 23:55

hockenheim95
the acoustic guitar was very loud on the radio mix...

It was in the BBC stream as well. I can´t understand that people didn´t hear it? In the beginning it was even almost too high in the mix.

Date: July 2, 2013 23:59

strat72
Taylors acoustic playing was very audible, and it did add to the sound.

I think that it's Mick T's way of telling Keith that he can blend in with the sound, as a opposed to his guiter being loud and on top of everything else. I dare say that Mick wants to extend, and possible expand his current tenure within the band, as is willing to bend a little to do so. Good luck to him, I hope he gets to stay with them.

He forgot that during Rambler?

Taylor was louder than both Ronnie and Keith, even when he turned down his guitar for the rhythm playing. The sound was ultra clean, because he used his volume knobs to turn it down.

It might have been how the TV-mix was, though.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 3, 2013 05:05

strat72
Taylors acoustic playing was very audible, and it did add to the sound..

I agree, it was better than having him on electric where you couldn't here him. This way almost gave a little feel of the studio version. Good call, wish they started it earlier in the tour.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 3, 2013 06:21

Is there a version on Youtube or on the internet where Taylor's acoustic guitar is audible. I'm just curious to how it sounds and we've only had it for two shows. And all the videos I've seen I personally don't hear it. But I believe people that say its there and maybe I'm watching the wrong versions.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 3, 2013 06:37

In DC I thought it was error. As if his LP wasn't at the ready and someone just gave him a cord (it was plugged in old school) and the acoustic and said go! But In Glastonbury, it seems it is contrived. I suppose to simulate the original stereo record somewhat.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: July 3, 2013 07:42

TMONTANA
Because his solos in Satisfaction on previous shows,had been so much better than Keith's,that l guess Keith decided to have him just strum an acoustic guitar,bury him in the mix,and then Keith could try to do a decent solo,which by the way wasn't very good...

Yes, that's it. Keith only let him play the solos on the early shows because he forgot that MT is a good guitar player.

Posted by: Horseswild ()
Date: July 3, 2013 09:51

Some-one had to cover for Blondie not being there and playing acoustic !!!

Date: July 3, 2013 10:06

Horseswild
Some-one had to cover for Blondie not being there and playing acoustic !!!

But Blondie was inaudible smiling smiley

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 3, 2013 10:15

strat72
I think that it's Mick T's way of telling Keith that he can blend in with the sound, as a opposed to his guiter being loud and on top of everything else.
I am always a bit irritated about such statements because I always thought that it was the responsibility of the soundmixers 'on stage' and/or in the broadcasting studios to balance the volume of the individual players to get a great concert/broadcasting sound. It already irritated me when Ronnie said that MT was too loud in Kansas City in 1981. Is it really his decision of how loud he plays his guitar, or do the sound technicians decide for all band members?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 3, 2013 16:42

The first time I saw MT with an acoustic guitar on Satisfaction was the last show in the US in Wahsington DC. All previous ones he played to the ones I attended always electric guitar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home