Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

BUDDY GUY @ STATE THEATRE ('DC') 23 JUNE (the night before last US Stones show) Billed as Special Show?
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 15, 2013 12:16

[www.thestatetheatre.com]

Tables are already sold out! Standing room $137/pair.

Re: BUDDY GUY @ STATE THEATRE ('DC') 23 JUNE (the night before last US Stones show) Billed as Special Show?
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 15, 2013 17:17

Cool! State Theatre is actually in Northern Virginia, really close to where I live. It's a fun place to see a concert. Too bad Jimmy Thackery is playing the same night as the Stones in Philly, as I would kinda rather see him than Buddy Guy, who I saw last year. Of course, I could always give up my Stones tickets...winking smiley

Re: BUDDY GUY @ STATE THEATRE ('DC') 23 JUNE (the night before last US Stones show) Billed as Special Show?
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 15, 2013 21:21

Buddy Guy is quite erratic these days...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 15, 2013 21:26

stonesrule
Buddy Guy is quite erratic these days...

You think so, stonesrule? I thought he was pretty good last summer, but he paced himself well, letting the kid he was touring with take over for a few numbers. I did think it was a fairly short show, but guess that's the most he can do now.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: June 15, 2013 22:19

This is just a mile from my house.
got my tickets already!
Hopefully he will be a special guest at the Verizon Center on the 24th!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 23, 2013 16:51

Could be a very nice evening...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 23, 2013 17:19

latebloomer
Cool! State Theatre is actually in Northern Virginia, really close to where I live. It's a fun place to see a concert. Too bad Jimmy Thackery is playing the same night as the Stones in Philly, as I would kinda rather see him than Buddy Guy, who I saw last year. Of course, I could always give up my Stones tickets...winking smiley

latebloomer- you mention Jimmy Thackery-- I'm guessing you're a fan of the Nighthawks? from your area. saw them lots, they were a great live band, really great folks too..

I go to J Thackery's shows now whenever I can. have fun at the Stones show!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 24, 2013 06:57

Well just returned from the Buddy Guy show. No show for any stones, but a wonderful show! Sold out house, and Buddy did a fantastic job. The man still has such a beautiful voice with no loss in his range, it is phenomenal. He did something I hadn't seen him do before, play acoustic, which was nice. Did a wide variety of songs, and a nice selection of covers including Strange Brew and Fever. All in all a very good show by one of the last living Blues legends. Lots of folks there with Stones shirts on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1747
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home