Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Does anyone actually believe Charlie Watts ever punched Mick Jagger?
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 19, 2011 13:30

Every Stone current and ex should of punched Keith in the mouth for the s&*% he has caused them over the years. Especially Mick.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: August 19, 2011 17:53

71Tele
I think so, given Charlie's own admission and knowing the state he was in at the time. However, I think the bit about Mick nearly going into the canal is a classic Keith embellishment.

Indeed. I "heard" that Mick painted the ceiling with Muddy's portrait on his almost way into the canal while flying towards the window after bouncing off the plate of salmon.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 19, 2011 18:16

I just like the story

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 19, 2011 20:38

whitem8
Sure Charlie did it. He has told the story and it is very similar to Keith's version. No reason to doubt it and the fact that Jagger never has refuted it is very telling. I mean if it wasn't true he probably would have said something in an interview pish poshing it, but he as been very silent about it all, which seems to speak volumes. And the way Charlie dressed up and looked all proper is the Englishman's duel. He took the time to present himself to his adversary and properly laid him out. Go Charlie!

i call bullshit-i defy you to show us where charlie retold that story in any way thats within a million miles of what keith said.

in the next week if you can show us anything close i will apoligize to you.if not- come clean and admit you're full of crap,simple as that.

mick is the only one besides mr "muddy painted the ceiling" who has ever to my knowledge, described it in any detail.i saw video of him saying very directly""it was more of a push"-he seemed not bothered at all,very unlike someone who had been punched in the face and nearly flown out a window.

"mick flew out the window" "i cured hep c by myself" "i snorted my dads ashes" blah blah blah.rich or poor all junkie have one thing in common.if you've ever known one[or ten] you understand.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 19, 2011 21:00

Charlie admits it in the book "According to The Rolling Stones". But just like any tour rumors, I'll only believe it when I hear it from Mick Jagger. >grinning smiley<

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: brianwalker ()
Date: August 20, 2011 01:23

jamesfdouglas
Charlie admits it in the book "According to The Rolling Stones". But just like any tour rumors, I'll only believe it when I hear it from Mick Jagger. >grinning smiley<

Jagger said that Watts pushed him, not punched him.

When they were on tour sometime in the last 15 years or so a reporter back stage brought it up to Jagger. The reporter said that Jagger looked taken back that this was being talked about, and said that Watts just pushed him.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 20, 2011 01:31

sure, i mean who hasn't punched Mick Jagger?

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: August 20, 2011 03:13

Charlie shoved him. That was all it was. Jagger and Charlie have both said that. Neither of them have ever said it was a punch. Only Keith said that.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 04:19

That's what I thought as well, but then there was a poster earlier that said Charlie said he punched him, but when I asked where was that read, I didn't get a response. I haven't read Charlie saying he punched him...so I tend to agree with your assessment.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 20, 2011 04:34

DragonSky
71Tele
I think so, given Charlie's own admission and knowing the state he was in at the time. However, I think the bit about Mick nearly going into the canal is a classic Keith embellishment.

Indeed. I "heard" that Mick painted the ceiling with Muddy's portrait on his almost way into the canal while flying towards the window after bouncing off the plate of salmon.

...and Ian Stewart said "if anything should happen to me, Charlie's the guy who should take a swing at Mick".

Date: August 20, 2011 12:20

LOL, the stories are getting better and better

-------------------

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 20, 2011 15:35

Does anyone actually believe Charlie Watts ever punched Mick Jagger?

Does it really matter? I mean, they are human beings after all. Shit happens. Anything is possible. Does anyone actually believe that even the Stones have to go to the loo sometimes?

Date: August 20, 2011 15:37

retired_dog
Does anyone actually believe that even the Stones have to go to the loo sometimes?

They piss anywhere, man.

-------------------

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2011 15:39

Hey Ho good one Hansie ....... your rollin' man your rollin'....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 20, 2011 15:43

Rolling Hansie
retired_dog
Does anyone actually believe that even the Stones have to go to the loo sometimes?

They piss anywhere, man.

When they were young and rebellious...but now? I'd love to see Sir Mick (or any of the Stones, for that matter) pissing at the front wall of Buckingham Palace, just to see if he still really means it!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 20, 2011 15:47

retired_dog
I'd love to see Sir Mick (or any of the Stones, for that matter) pissing at the front wall of Buckingham Palace, just to see if he still really means it!

Uh, no, we really don't need to see that, but as soon as the time machine is invented, I wouldn't mind going back to see some 20-something year-old Stones doing some of the shit they did.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2011 15:59

........if Depardieu can plane it then The Glimmers can slash at Buck Palace....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 20, 2011 16:05

Rolling Hansie
retired_dog

They piss anywhere, man.

thumbs up Good one

Date: August 20, 2011 18:35

retired_dog
I'd love to see Sir Mick (or any of the Stones, for that matter) pissing at the front wall of Buckingham Palace, just to see if he still really means it!

Now that would be something, wouldn't it ?

-------------------

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 20, 2011 19:57

better to be pissed off... than pissed on

Date: August 20, 2011 20:32

Max'sKansasCity
better to be pissed off... than pissed on

LOL, or just be pissed

-------------------

Date: April 4, 2018 17:19

brianwalker
northernale1
Maybe Keith did punch Mick,, but its the part of the book Mick wanted edited out,,,

That was just one more thing thata Keith betrayed Mick on. Why the hell would you go tell the media about this? Does he think Jagger wants that made public?

One more reason if I was Jagger I would never work with Richards again. Jagger is a private person ( like myself ) and I can sure understand why he doesn't want to hang out with anyone who is going to run to the press and tell them things that you want kept private.

If I was in Jagger's shoes and Richards did that to me, I would have beaten the crap out of him, and then went and told the media about it.

Keith is frustrating to me. He talks about loyalty and at points calls Mick a brother but throws him under the bus all the time. One of the most infuriating comments he made was regarding the apology for some of the things in his book and the need to do so to tour for the 50th anniversary:

Mick requested an apology? "He did," says Richards, "and I said that I regret if I caused you any, you know, inconvenience or pain, or something. It was . . ." Richards laughs. "I'd say anything to get the band together, you know? I'd lie to my mother."

Heart felt apology.

But its very hard not to like Keith. When I saw him at the Philly show in 2013 he amazed me. He was old, worn out, hunched over, slow at the beginning but he somehow got young and agile and full of life. He was feeding of the crowd's energy. Leaving the show I saw first hand that music is this guys whole life and not a business...it was incredible..

Date: April 4, 2018 17:23

AlmostHearYouSigh
brianwalker
northernale1
Maybe Keith did punch Mick,, but its the part of the book Mick wanted edited out,,,

That was just one more thing thata Keith betrayed Mick on. Why the hell would you go tell the media about this? Does he think Jagger wants that made public?

One more reason if I was Jagger I would never work with Richards again. Jagger is a private person ( like myself ) and I can sure understand why he doesn't want to hang out with anyone who is going to run to the press and tell them things that you want kept private.

If I was in Jagger's shoes and Richards did that to me, I would have beaten the crap out of him, and then went and told the media about it.

Keith is frustrating to me. He talks about loyalty and at points calls Mick a brother but throws him under the bus all the time. One of the most infuriating comments he made was regarding the apology for some of the things in his book and the need to do so to tour for the 50th anniversary:

Mick requested an apology? "He did," says Richards, "and I said that I regret if I caused you any, you know, inconvenience or pain, or something. It was . . ." Richards laughs. "I'd say anything to get the band together, you know? I'd lie to my mother."

Heart felt apology.

But its very hard not to like Keith. When I saw him at the Philly show in 2013 he amazed me. He was old, worn out, hunched over, slow at the beginning but he somehow got young and agile and full of life. He was feeding of the crowd's energy. Leaving the show I saw first hand that music is this guys whole life and not a business...it was incredible..

Rarely without a compliment attached to the insult, though smoking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 4, 2018 17:29

They're not perfect people. Who is? Mick can be a bastard who seems out to screw everyone every way possible, he's also incredibly generous and kind. Keith can be an @#$%& when interviewed, but also amazingly down-to-earth and goodhearted. Ronnie, late in life, went from a happy drunk to a mean one before he quit drinking. Charlie can be very snobbish to others, but also very humble and normal. None of us are our worst selves all the time. None of us are our best selves all the time. As for this thread, I think Gary put it best on the first page. The incident happened, but Keith went into Storyteller mode when recounting it and the legend grew and grew.

Date: April 4, 2018 17:37

Rocky Dijon
They're not perfect people. Who is? Mick can be a bastard who seems out to screw everyone every way possible, he's also incredibly generous and kind. Keith can be an @#$%& when interviewed, but also amazingly down-to-earth and goodhearted. Ronnie, late in life, went from a happy drunk to a mean one before he quit drinking. Charlie can be very snobbish to others, but also very humble and normal. None of us are our worst selves all the time. None of us are our best selves all the time. As for this thread, I think Gary put it best on the first page. The incident happened, but Keith went into Storyteller mode when recounting it and the legend grew and grew.

And became funnier and funnier grinning smiley

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: April 4, 2018 17:56

I have seen at least two different interviews with Charlie where he says he did it. Enough for me.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 4, 2018 18:05

This thread is from 2011 i.e. seven years old. Please do not wake up old threads. Old means put to rest like a year or so.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home