Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT : Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:10

You know that feeling some of us get when Taylor joins the Stones on stage ?, that 10-15 minutes of on the edge wonder that disappears once he's gone again ?

Well Neil Young & Crazy Horse are like that for 2.5 hours a night

Saw em again last night and they are on @#$%& fire. It's almost as if they're teetering on the edge of collapse the entire gig. And that edge just makes them so vibrant and untouchable

Roll on London next week for another dose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 19:11 by andy js.

Re: OT : Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:28

they've been teetering for 40 years...i've stopped holding my breath, cos i've come to accept the reality that they won't collapse...

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:29

Ha

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:46

Seeing them along with Daniel Lanois and Emmylou Harris August 31 at the Greenbelt Harvest Picnic, near Ancaster, Ontario. Can hardly wait!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 12, 2013 20:18

wow that is a good line up

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: June 12, 2013 20:25

Just found out yesterday that they'll be playing in Ottawa at the beginning of September. Won't miss them this time!

Date: June 12, 2013 20:28

Love Daniel Lanois (saw him with Black Dub at the Opera House in Toronto a couple of years ago, FANTASTIC), love Emmylou Harris but have never seen her, ditto Neil Young and Crazy Horse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 20:44 by KatieGirl.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 12, 2013 20:34

Imho the Stones hold the test of time better. The 1st three shows of the current Euro tour were quite bad (main problem : the band plays at a snail-like pace and sounds really tired) but hopefully they've hit their cruising speed by now.

Plus they've just added "Surfer joe & Moe the Sleeze" to the setlist! thumbs up

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: June 12, 2013 20:41

Neil is my all time favourite. With Crazy Horse, it is just something special/magic. I think this tour is so good because they are energized with playing new material from an album which is Neil's best in decades.

If anyone cares, here is a neat chart which tracks the shows/setlists:

[www.sugarmtn.org]

Date: June 12, 2013 20:46

dcba
Imho the Stones hold the test of time better. The 1st three shows of the current Euro tour were quite bad (main problem : the band plays at a snail-like pace and sounds really tired) but hopefully they've hit their cruising speed by now.

Plus they've just added "Surfer joe & Moe the Sleeze" to the setlist! thumbs up
I know, after just seeing them in Toronto, it will be hard to top the Stones!

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: June 12, 2013 21:07

off to the Glasgow show tomorrow night. Can't wait.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 12, 2013 21:08

Going to Dublin on Saturday. Only my 7th Neil show, but surprisingly the only one I saw with Crazy Horse was my first one back in 1987.

Not a bad few weeks for concerts - Bruce, The Who, Neil & Crazy Horse and some other band of old geezers whose name escapes me.

Date: June 12, 2013 21:33

Gazza
Going to Dublin on Saturday. Only my 7th Neil show, but surprisingly the only one I saw with Crazy Horse was my first one back in 1987.

Not a bad few weeks for concerts - Bruce, The Who, Neil & Crazy Horse and some other band of old geezers whose name escapes me.

hey, 3 out of 4 ain't bad at all!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 12, 2013 21:34

Still have never seen Neil. I need to remedy that quickly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 22:04 by 71Tele.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 12, 2013 23:58

Don't see any dates for the Neil and the Horse on the West coast. I suspect they may play the Bridge School though...

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 13, 2013 13:39

I saw Crazy Horse last fall. It was amazing. Not the best Horse I've seen but still worthy.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: June 14, 2013 20:25

Gonna see them in Cologne in July. And I'm quite excited about it, because I never saw him with Crazy Horse thus far. But the other NY gigs I witnessed ('93 with Booker T & The MGs and '08 with Rick Rosas,Ben Keith, Ralph Molina etc.) were great performances. Hearing all this talk about Crazy Horse pulling all the stops, and watching some video footage of recent shows gets me even more excited. Might be the last time one get's to see him playing at this level of intensity.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: June 14, 2013 20:31

Gazza
Bruce, The Who, Neil & Crazy Horse

I will be seeing these three on three consecutive nights, starting tomorrow. Bring it on!

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: June 14, 2013 21:11

Hi, saw them last night in Glasgow... fantastic show.
john

last nights setlist.....
Intro
(A Day In The Life & Flower Of Scotland)
Love and Only Love
Powderfinger
Psychedelic Pill
Walk Like a Giant
Hole in the Sky
(previously unreleased)
Heart of Gold
Blowin' in the Wind
(Bob Dylan cover)
Singer Without a Song
(previously unreleased)
Ramada Inn
Cinnamon Girl
@#$%&' Up
Mr. Soul
(Buffalo Springfield song)
My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue)
(In the style of Hey Hey, My My)
Encore:
Roll Another Number (For the Road)
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

Date: June 14, 2013 21:13

now THAT is a setlist. well-done mr. young. you rawwwwwk.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 14, 2013 21:36

Just listening to F-Up from Glasgow : 17:20 of (slow) insanity!

Posted by: shakeydeal ()
Date: June 14, 2013 22:58

The Horse is a little slower and mangier, but still one of my favorite live experiences. Ralph and Billy both turn 70 this year, tempos need to be reigned in a bit. This horse has always been a distance runner anyway.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 15, 2013 10:44

Absolutely. Just watched em at Rock Am Ring from '03.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: June 16, 2013 04:16

LOVE Love Love Neil & Crazy Horse--------------------love those extended jams !

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 16, 2013 04:33

Here's an off topic question, but seeing "Crazy Horse" made me think of the lyric in Live With Me, "She's found the crazy horse" What does that mean?!?!? I tried to search the internet for an answer, but no luck.

Date: June 16, 2013 06:52

I remember seeing them at Red Rocks, starting a tour billed as the "Americana" tour. So Neil comes out and plays zero songs from that album, and plays all these even newer songs from a yet to be released album that nobody has even heard before. And two of those songs ... Walk Like A Giant and Ramada Inn ... are just spectacular if you like the long jam style of the Horse.

He doesn't give a shit if people don't know or like what he's playing. I can see why some would be annoyed, but I really appreciate the way Neil doesn't pander to the masses.

Date: June 16, 2013 07:02

spsimmons
Here's an off topic question, but seeing "Crazy Horse" made me think of the lyric in Live With Me, "She's found the crazy horse" What does that mean?!?!? I tried to search the internet for an answer, but no luck.

I'm not really sure if it is related, but Crazy Horse is a name given to a few strip clubs. Whether they be chains or not, but I know there's some in Australia (where I'm from), and I think others in Vegas, San Fran, etc. Sort of fits with the next lyrics in that verse.

The Horse even had some weird sign at the front of the stage at Red Rocks which said "CRAZY HORSE.CUM" (can see it in youtube videos).

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 16, 2013 07:54

StonesTod
Gazza

hey, 3 out of 4 ain't bad at all!
The Who does suck. You're right.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 16, 2013 07:55

ChrisM
Don't see any dates for the Neil and the Horse on the West coast. I suspect they may play the Bridge School though...
Chris, they played in Tahoe and the Outside Lands Festival last year. Doubt we'll get anymore shows this year.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 17, 2013 18:41

That's what I thought Fred. Don't know why Neil is shy about playing dates in his own back yard...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home