Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Good times bad times
Posted by: Starr ()
Date: June 1, 2013 21:17

Whatever happened to this song? I used to love it. Have they ever played it live? I think it would be a great addition to any show. Thoughts??

Star

Re: Good times bad times
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 1, 2013 21:19

could be interesting. there's a bunch of their old stuff, say pre-aftermath that they could mine, i supposed it just bores them. i'd love to see them do under assistant to the west coast promo man in LA.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 1, 2013 21:48

some great pre aftermath stuff.

dont know why it bores them, a lot of the early stuff is better than the usual setlist of start me up, honky tonk woman, tumblin dice, miss you, before they make me run, gimme shelter, midnight rambler, you got me rocking.

the stones were already big long before the setlist warhorses were ever recorded.

would love an entire gig of pre aftermath songs.

heres my fantasy pre aftermath set.

1. 2120 south michigan avenue
2. the last time
3. one more try
4. when blue turns to grey
5. i wanna be your man
6. come on
7. she said yeah
8. im alright
9. get off of my cloud
10. its all over now
11. not fade away
12. im free
13. were waistin time
13. walking thru the sleepy city
13. heart of stone.
14. i just wanna make love to you.
15. tell me
16. little red rooster
17. satisfaction.
18. you better move on
19. empty heart

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 1, 2013 21:56

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 1, 2013 22:01

buttons67
some great pre aftermath stuff.

dont know why it bores them, a lot of the early stuff is better than the usual setlist of start me up, honky tonk woman, tumblin dice, miss you, before they make me run, gimme shelter, midnight rambler, you got me rocking.

the stones were already big long before the setlist warhorses were ever recorded.

would love an entire gig of pre aftermath songs.

heres my fantasy pre aftermath set.

1. 2120 south michigan avenue
2. the last time
3. one more try
4. when blue turns to grey
5. i wanna be your man
6. come on
7. she said yeah
8. im alright
9. get off of my cloud
10. its all over now
11. not fade away
12. im free
13. were waistin time
13. walking thru the sleepy city
13. heart of stone.
14. i just wanna make love to you.
15. tell me
16. little red rooster
17. satisfaction.
18. you better move on
19. empty heart

Great list

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 2, 2013 00:06

I think some of those songs are so far back in their past that they hardly remember them. Especially if they were cut to fill up an album and then never became part of the repertoire. Back Street Girl is an absolutely fantastic, and not too hard to play song, but they would probably have to learn it like they would any cover song.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 2, 2013 02:43

Good Times Bad Times ...ah the memories. Great song to sing in the car.

Posted by: rusty ()
Date: June 2, 2013 06:50

One of the songs why I'm a Stones fan.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 2, 2013 06:54

If given the choice, I might have paid $100 extra to hear this classic rather than Emotional Rescue.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 2, 2013 07:40

Hairball
If given the choice, I might have paid $100 extra to hear this classic rather than Emotional Rescue.

Oh, dear! To me it is rather "both .... and" instead of "either .... or". Confronted, for instance, by your point of view, I am afraid that Mick Jagger might reflect that it is better to practise "neither ,,,,, nor". That it is better in most cases to play a wellused warhorse that is certain to please many more casual fans than only provoke the fewer hardcore IORRians' relative displeasure. It really would be difficult to argue against it.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: June 2, 2013 11:12

Silver Dagger

My thoughts exactly...winking smiley

Date: June 2, 2013 12:05

Not so much this very song, but I wish they'd o a lot more of their early Blues material. Their early covers, and their early originals. They might not be giving their early writing enough credit.
But "Off the Hook", "Little by Little", "Grown up Wrong" are super-cool little numbers. Can you dig a re-thought 2013 version of "It Should Be You"?

Date: June 2, 2013 13:51

Palace Revolution 2000
Not so much this very song, but I wish they'd o a lot more of their early Blues material. Their early covers, and their early originals. They might not be giving their early writing enough credit.
But "Off the Hook", "Little by Little", "Grown up Wrong" are super-cool little numbers. Can you dig a re-thought 2013 version of "It Should Be You"?

I think that there you have made a most vital and good thought that Mick and Keith ought to be confronted with. I myself am very fond of "Little by Little" (and, of course, "Good Times, Bad Times" ). And to "Grown Up Wrong", I would even more like to add "What A Shame" with its superb instrumental band play during the rather long end.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 2, 2013 16:37

Good Times Bad Times is a great song and not so hard to play. Would love to hear them play that one.

Songs from that era that would be great:
Not Fade Away
Good Times
Good Times Bad Times
The Last Time
It's All Over Now
What A Shame
2120 South Michigan Avenue
Route 66
Come On
Mercy Mercy - One of the alll time best covers
She Said Yeah
Around and Around
Confessin' the Blues

Love to hear any of those and I have no clue why these are all neglected, they have big hits from that era that are neglected as well. two that come to mind 19th Nervous Breakdown and Mother's Little Helper.

Posted by: Masseolle51 ()
Date: June 2, 2013 18:56

Yes, I agree! But aren´t we all getting a wee bit nostalgic now? would love to hear some of these live but most people not! Off the hook, you better move on etc could maybe work but Walking through the sleepy city no way! I hope they come to Sweden next year but this is probably just in my imagination (running away with me)!

Date: June 2, 2013 20:11

Masseolle51
Yes, I agree! But aren´t we all getting a wee bit nostalgic now? would love to hear some of these live but most people not! Off the hook, you better move on etc could maybe work but Walking through the sleepy city no way! I hope they come to Sweden next year but this is probably just in my imagination (running away with me)!

I for one would most of all like that they might record a long double album (preferably featuring Mick Taylor on all songs) and tour on that double album only (again preferably featuring Mick Taylor on stage on all songs). If not with Mick Taylor, then without him. They might include the two songs from 2012.

But if my first wish is not granted in any of the versions (1) with Mick Taylor, 2) without Mick Taylor), I am ready for songs from all of their career. Only this: All songs do not have to be from '68 -'72.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-02 20:13 by Witness.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home