Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I paid $600 and got my money's worth
Posted by: StonesCPA ()
Date: May 31, 2013 23:05

Let me rebel against the general negative sentiments on this message board. I was at the Chicago show with my two oldest kids (12 and 9) on Tuesday. I paid a s&*tload of money for my tickets. I was a little worried I would feel like I didn't get my money's worth - but I have no complaints and nothing but a feeling of absolute joy. The concert was a blast, my kids had a ball, they will never forget it. The band worked hard for their money - maybe they don't hit every note like they did when they were young (well, Charlie still does) - but I never felt like they were calling it in. They busted their asses. You Got the Silver was as good of a live song as I've seen them play. Mick's showmanship on Emotional Rescue was damn near worth the price.

Re: I paid $600 and got my money's worth
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 31, 2013 23:08

it's good to hear that charlie still doesn't miss any notes....

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: May 31, 2013 23:22

I hope your kids had earplugs. And I'm glad you got a happy ending for your $600. BTW was that $600 per person or total?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 31, 2013 23:35

Well, the value of money is relative to your income. Your propensity to pay excessive prices for luxury goods of course increases depending on what step you are on in Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
In my world though $600 for a ticket to a rock and roll concert is ridiculous.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: May 31, 2013 23:39

Very cool you took your kids. I noticed a few in Toronto and was very proud of the parents.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: May 31, 2013 23:45

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring up "Maslow's hierarchy of needs". Well played Stoneage.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 31, 2013 23:48

I got my $600 tickets (near the stage) straight from Ticketmaster. I talked to people (in Anaheim) around me who paid a good deal more—"indirectly"—and were a bit sheepish to learn I got mine at face value. And after the show did they feel ripped off? No, one guy said, "That was so great, I think I'll try to get tickets for their last Staples Center show."

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 31, 2013 23:49

Sorry Bungo, but I couldn't help myself! His statement invited me to it...

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 31, 2013 23:57

Title5Take1
I got my $600 tickets (near the stage) straight from Ticketmaster. I talked to people (in Anaheim) around me who paid a good deal more—"indirectly"—and were a bit sheepish to learn I got mine at face value. And after the show did they feel ripped off? No, one guy said, "That was so great, I think I'll try to get tickets for their last Staples Center show."

Hopefully he made it. Two Taylor bonus songs included. Good bargain.

Date: June 1, 2013 00:04

Bungo
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring up "Maslow's hierarchy of needs". Well played Stoneage.

i was going to introduce herzberg's theory of motivation soon, too. waiting for just the right moment...

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 1, 2013 01:00

I waited a long time before deciding what to do about the second night in Boston..I was set for the first night...so, I debated...thought I'd use Stub Hub but realized that if I was considering a front section seat, why not go to Ticketmaster...so I bit the bullet, like I said I wouldn't...and got a great front loge seat, row 4, Keith's side. Floor seats are a turn off for me lately because I always get stuck behind a giraffe! The very front loge 21 is raised a bit so the rows go up gradually...you look right over the row ahead of you...love it!
Now, the thing about Ticket Master is you NEVER know when your ticket will arrive. I bought it on May 21....never got it until today....ten days!! I was freaked out! Has anyone had to wait quite awhile for tix thru Ticket Master?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 1, 2013 01:14

StonesTod
Bungo

i was going to introduce herzberg's theory of motivation soon, too. waiting for just the right moment...

I've got Rokeach's theory of beliefs at the ready but I may be subject to the law of diminishing returns.

Date: June 1, 2013 01:22

andrewt
StonesTod
Bungo

I've got Rokeach's theory of beliefs at the ready but I may be subject to the law of diminishing returns.

stones fans are the most erudite of all rock fans...a little known fact. while others wallow in ignorance, we are hitting the books hard in between gigs and albums.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 1, 2013 01:23

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 1, 2013 01:42

StonesCPA
The concert was a blast, my kids had a ball, they will never forget it.

Right on. Congratulations

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 1, 2013 02:03

StonesTod
andrewt
StonesTod
Bungo

stones fans are the most erudite of all rock fans...a little known fact. while others wallow in ignorance, we are hitting the books hard in between gigs and albums.

ahh... this explains why the world economy crashed just months after the bigger bang tour wrapped....

Date: June 1, 2013 02:07

sonomastone
StonesTod
andrewt
StonesTod
Bungo

ahh... this explains why the world economy crashed just months after the bigger bang tour wrapped....

really? we didn't notice.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 1, 2013 05:22

mickschix
I waited a long time before deciding what to do about the second night in Boston..I was set for the first night...so, I debated...thought I'd use Stub Hub but realized that if I was considering a front section seat, why not go to Ticketmaster...so I bit the bullet, like I said I wouldn't...and got a great front loge seat, row 4, Keith's side. Floor seats are a turn off for me lately because I always get stuck behind a giraffe! The very front loge 21 is raised a bit so the rows go up gradually...you look right over the row ahead of you...love it!
Now, the thing about Ticket Master is you NEVER know when your ticket will arrive. I bought it on May 21....never got it until today....ten days!! I was freaked out! Has anyone had to wait quite awhile for tix thru Ticket Master?

ticketmaster would never screw you or rip u off. They're a legitimate business working for the people and ---'''' ok I couldn't get through it!!!!!

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: June 1, 2013 12:17

StonesCPA
Let me rebel against the general negative sentiments on this message board. I was at the Chicago show with my two oldest kids (12 and 9) on Tuesday. I paid a s&*tload of money for my tickets. I was a little worried I would feel like I didn't get my money's worth - but I have no complaints and nothing but a feeling of absolute joy. The concert was a blast, my kids had a ball, they will never forget it. The band worked hard for their money - maybe they don't hit every note like they did when they were young (well, Charlie still does) - but I never felt like they were calling it in. They busted their asses. You Got the Silver was as good of a live song as I've seen them play. Mick's showmanship on Emotional Rescue was damn near worth the price.
good for you cool smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1373
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home