Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Stop insulting Ronnie!
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:00

All of these Mick Taylor this Mick Taylor that. Without Ronnie there haven't been a Rolling Stones touring band in 2013. Be happy for that instead of insulting Ronnie with all these MT threads. Subjects like "should Ronnie step aside for MT" and others is nothing but pathetic and very insulting against Ronnie.

Re: Stop insulting Ronnie!
Date: May 9, 2013 23:03

I recommend everyone to have a listen to No Expectations from the latest show.

Nothing needs to be added there, Ronnie's playing there is just beautiful.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:05

All of these Mick Taylor this Mick Taylor that. Without Ronnie there haven't been a Rolling Stones touring band in 2013. Be happy for that instead of insulting Ronnie with all these MT threads. Subjects like "should Ronnie step aside for MT" and others is nothing but pathetic and very insulting against Ronnie.

Bullocks.

Any average player can replace him. And that's no insult.

God bless Ron.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:06

JumpinJeppeFlash
THANK YOU

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:08

this will only inflame the ronnie detractors.

RONNIE SUCKS THE BIG ONE!!!

you see? it's already beginning....

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:09

VT22

Bullocks.

God bless Ron.

You sound like an ordinary average washboard player...

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:13

Munichhilton
VT22

Bullocks.

God bless Ron.

grinning smiley

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:15

GRNRBITW
this will only inflame the ronnie detractors.

RONNIE SUCKS THE BIG ONE!!!

you see? it's already beginning....

Whoever started this nonsense should suck a big one.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:16

Bullshit.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:16

JumpinJeppeFlash
+1 thumbs up

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:17

Max'sKansasCity
JumpinJeppeFlash
+1 thumbs up

don't you have a noble endeavor to achieve today?

Date: May 9, 2013 23:18

Listen to no expectations and stop this ridiculous Mick Taylor-spamming already!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:20

Woody is rock's greatest voyeur, a diplomat and elite performer. But he's not Mick Taylor a guitar innovator. I love them both.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:21

Hereby I declare Ronnie my eternal love for him.

Is this good enough?

Date: May 9, 2013 23:22

VT22
Munichhilton
VT22

Bullocks.

God bless Ron.

grinning smiley

I take it back. You're pretty damn good! My apologies!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:30

Except in all these posts and threads about Taylor's role on the tour almost no one is insulting him. They want him to play more with Ron Wood, not instead of him. Why are you so insecure about Ron Wood? Are you a child?

This knee-jerk insecurity about Ron Wood whenever Taylor's name is mentioned is one of the most bizarre phenomena in Stones fandom. Ron Wood is just fine. He doesn't need anyone to defend him. His role is secure. In fact he's playing better than in years. I'm thrilled.

Now, can we have more Mick Taylor in the shows please?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 23:32 by 71Tele.

Date: May 9, 2013 23:31

Munichhilton
VT22
Munichhilton
VT22

Bullocks.

God bless Ron.

grinning smiley

I take it back. You're pretty damn good! My apologies!

I never knew washboards could be irritating if not played the right way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 23:32 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:31

71Tele

This knee-jerk insecurity about Ron Wood whenever Taylor's name is mentioned is one of the most bizarre phenomena in Stones fandom.

It's perfectly understandable.

Date: May 9, 2013 23:32

kleermaker
71Tele

This knee-jerk insecurity about Ron Wood whenever Taylor's name is mentioned is one of the most bizarre phenomena in Stones fandom.

It's perfectly understandable.

Yes, if this were a junior high school popularity contest.

Date: May 9, 2013 23:36

kleermaker

Is this good enough?

No, if you love Ron Wood you must also hate Mick Taylor. Taylor is the Evil Anti-Wood. At least according to the hysterical Ron Wood fans here.

Date: May 9, 2013 23:38

There's only one way to settle this.

At dawn, preferably.

Date: May 9, 2013 23:39

GravityBoy
There's only one way to settle this.

At dawn, preferably.

Prefer the Hippos, but I'm in.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:39

71Tele
kleermaker

Is this good enough?

No, if you love Ron Wood you must also hate Mick Taylor. Taylor is the Evil Anti-Wood. At least according to the hysterical Ron Wood fans here.

Not that I have seen... but you sure do keep repeating that over and over and over.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:40

I don't get all those Ronnie vs. MT threads.

Where is the problem having both of them on stage?

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:42

Cant we all just get along?
Lets be happy the Stones are on the road again and be grateful for what they give us

Date: May 9, 2013 23:42

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
kleermaker

Is this good enough?

Not that I have seen... but you sure do keep repeating that over and over and over.

I refer you to the title and original post of this thread, Max.

Posted by: The Wick ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:43

Stop these bullocks threads. No one is insulting Ronnie. In fact, he's been fantastic and playing better than he has ever done with the Stones. It's just that most of us want Mick Taylor on stage as well. Don't create bullshit drama when none exists. No one has been more gracious towards Mick Taylor than Ronnie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 23:43 by The Wick.

Date: May 9, 2013 23:44

Christopher
Cant we all just get along?

Don't be so naive chris....now pick Taylor? or Wood?
You have 5 of your earth minutes...

Date: May 9, 2013 23:44

71Tele
Except in all these posts and threads about Taylor's role on the tour almost no one is insulting him. They want him to play more with Ron Wood, not instead of him. Why are you so insecure about Ron Wood? Are you a child?

This knee-jerk insecurity about Ron Wood whenever Taylor's name is mentioned is one of the most bizarre phenomena in Stones fandom. Ron Wood is just fine. He doesn't need anyone to defend him. His role is secure. In fact he's playing better than in years. I'm thrilled.

Now, can we have more Mick Taylor in the shows please?

I'll be glad to have a little more Taylor, but why not gather all these Taylor-threads in one?? I'm pretty sure most people know that this was what Bjørnulf wanted.

Date: May 9, 2013 23:46

firebird
I don't get all those Ronnie vs. MT threads.

Where is the problem having both of them on stage?

There is no problem. Certain people (just a few) equate anything positive about Mick Taylor with some sort of threat against Ron Wood. The vast majority of posters have advocated for Taylor simply sitting in for more of the set, NOT replacing Ron Wood, yet the delusional and immature hysteria is evoked every time (again, by a few people). When threads appear titled "We Hate Ron Wood" and "Fire Ron Wood", then it would warrant the type of thread title we have here, but that isn't happening.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2134
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home