Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : Crosby, Stills and Nash... is it worth to go ?
Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: May 18, 2013 18:27

Crosby, Stills and Nash are touring in my country (France).

I plan to buy a ticket.

Is it worth to go ? How are they nowadays ?

I appreciate them, but I wonder if they are still OK.

Re: OT : Crosby, Stills and Nash... is it worth to go ?
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 18, 2013 18:40

From what I have heard, they still can be really good. However, their voices get worse as their tours progress. They can be very on, or very off. Now thats just what I've heard, I don't have any real evidence of that, but it sounds logical at their age.

However, my dad saw them last year. He was like 10th row and he said the show was absolutely incredible. I was making fun of him because he paid a lot of money for it and it just didn't seem like a show that would be so great. But he said they sounded otherworldly and they did an incredible and long setlist. He couldn't have recommended it more and I'm glad he had such a good time.

So from my dad's review, it seems they do still have it, and either he caught them on a lucky night or thats how they are every night. IMO, I'd pull the trigger if you are a fan and you'll probably have a good time.

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: May 18, 2013 18:53

Thank you !! I think I will try...

It is less expensive then our men ("Charlie and his phenomena"grinning smiley) but I admit they do not belong to the same category.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 18, 2013 19:17

"From what I have heard, they still can be really good. However, their voices get worse as their tours progress. They can be very on, or very off. Now thats just what I've heard, I don't have any real evidence of that, but it sounds logical at their age."

You can say this about the Rolling Stones, too, and so many other 60s/70s era bands that are still hanging in there living off of Boomer nostalgia.

Regarding CSN, yeah, hit or miss, but they released a CSN live album last year - called "CSN 2012" - which is really good. It surprised me with how well they and their band sounded. If you like their songs and music, go see the show and take it for what it's worth, no pun intended.

BTW, if y'all haven't done so, check out Neil Young's "Psychedelic Pill" album. Neil and the Horse are in fine form on it. Bootlegs of the recent Neil and Horse tour are also really good and all over Dime-a-Dozen and other torrent sites. You realize from the live bootlegs that, however much Crazy Horse is criticized as a band, when Neil and the Horse are in top form, they are the primo example of primal essence rock.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 18, 2013 19:32

I have some friends who saw them last week in Florida and said they were great and much better than expected. I thought I had read something the other day about CSNY touring together again, but can't find that now. "Guess it's just another dream"... Slipping Away!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 18, 2013 19:43

Are you kidding me. Has anyone heard Steven Stills lately?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 18, 2013 20:44

They were great the last time I saw them, but that was almost 10 years ago.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 18, 2013 20:54

I saw them two years ago and they were outstanding...not something to miss, so my advice is get the tickets, take a big spliff with you on the night and enjoy!

Date: May 18, 2013 21:11

More Hot Rocks
Are you kidding me. Has anyone heard Steven Stills lately?

yup, voice has returned to early 90's form after new hearing aid.

btw CSN have been doing some brand new tunes live this tour "exit zero" and "those who rule the middle kingdom"

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 18, 2013 21:15

For me personally, must ad Young to the mix.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 18, 2013 21:28

stills' voice seems to have recovered a bit from a few years ago.

still one of the great acts from the 60's still out there and doing it and not just resting on laurels....hmmm...unlike...hmmm...hmmmm....

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 18, 2013 21:40

stills sounded good and played well in the Buffalo Springfield reunion.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 18, 2013 22:14

We saw them this past Wednesday night in Melbourne, Florida and they were amazing, chill inducing harmonies and a great setlist from their long careers...I would definitely recommend seeing them if you have the chance!smiling smiley

Date: May 18, 2013 22:58

GRNRBITW

still one of the great acts from the 60's still out there and doing it and not just resting on laurels....hmmm...unlike...hmmm...hmmmm....

They haven't released an album in 14 years. How is that not resting on laurels?

Date: May 18, 2013 23:05

tatters
GRNRBITW

They haven't released an album in 14 years. How is that not resting on laurels?

individually and in other configurations they've all been active songwriters and incorporate the new tunes into the act...you know that, too...so stop this now.

Date: May 18, 2013 23:16

I would very much have liked to have seen CPR, but they never played anywhere near where I live.

Date: May 18, 2013 23:27

used to listen to those cpr records alot...thanks for the reminder...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 19, 2013 00:27

It's 7 years ago now, but here's a clip of Graham Nash and David Crosby making a guest appearance on Find The Cost Of Freedom at one of David Gilmour's shows in 2006.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 19, 2013 00:52

Ruby Tuesday

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 00:54 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Bobby4 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 00:54

I saw them in Milwaukee last summer...they put on a great show. They will not disappoint. They're very dedicated and their band is excellent.

BC4

Date: May 19, 2013 01:04

More Hot Rocks
Ruby Tuesday

[www.youtube.com]

This was one of the songs they recorded for the unfinished album of covers that they worked on for years before finally scrapping the project. Stills says they will never do another studio album.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 01:26 by tatters.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 19, 2013 02:12

Maybe they could do a complete album by a member of CSN during their show ala Springsteen. I would recommend David Crosby's "If I Could Only Remember My Name". Still pretty trippy and out there after all of these years. Re another studio album by CSN or lack thereof, does anyone remember the CSN album cover that featured hot dogs on sticks? Now, that cover was something. I'm trying to remember if Neil Young mentions this album cover in in his autobiography, "Waging Heavy Peace", which is as trippy as Crosby's solo album. If y'all also want to hear something very cool from back in the day, check out Jefferson Airplane's version of "Wooden Ships" from the first CSN album.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: May 19, 2013 03:00

This is Almost Cut My Hair from '09, but it gives you an idea. Excellent performance by all, amazing performance by Crosby.

Date: May 19, 2013 03:10

dmay
does anyone remember the CSN album cover that featured hot dogs on sticks? Now, that cover was something.

One of the all-time worst album covers. I'm sure there's a story behind that. Maybe the record company rejected their original idea and they got so pissed off about it they deliberately gave them something they knew was a piece of shit. There is a track on that Hot Dog album I really like, though. They even gave president Truman a credit in the linear notes. His "vocal," recorded on August 9, 1945, comes in at 3:37.

"It is an awful responsibility which has come to us. We thank God that it has come to us, instead of to our enemies; and we pray that He may guide us to use it in His ways and for His purposes."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 03:21 by tatters.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 19, 2013 03:23

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-21 16:33 by vudicus.

Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: May 19, 2013 03:43

Saw them in Melbourne Australia abt a year ago. Crosby had a bug and couldn't sing (he did play guitar) Nash offered money back for anyone who wanted to go but most people stayed
I thought they were pretty good and worth seeing even without Crosby singing. Nash is a good frontman

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 04:22

Saw them last June.... Great show... highly recommend if you are a fan

Date: May 19, 2013 05:26

tatters
dmay
does anyone remember the CSN album cover that featured hot dogs on sticks? Now, that cover was something.

One of the all-time worst album covers. I'm sure there's a story behind that. Maybe the record company rejected their original idea and they got so pissed off about it they deliberately gave them something they knew was a piece of shit. There is a track on that Hot Dog album I really like, though. They even gave president Truman a credit in the linear notes. His "vocal," recorded on August 9, 1945, comes in at 3:37.

"It is an awful responsibility which has come to us. We thank God that it has come to us, instead of to our enemies; and we pray that He may guide us to use it in His ways and for His purposes."

there are a couple of good tracks on that album:

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 19, 2013 07:30

If they promise not to play American Dream

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home