Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What essentially is left of the strange METAMORPHOSIS - except Jiving Siister Fanny?
Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: May 17, 2013 05:22

Anything worth playing?

Re: What essentially is left of the strange METAMORPHOSIS - except Jiving Siister Fanny?
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: May 17, 2013 05:40

I've always been a fan of "Something's Just Stick in your Mind"...very underrated I.m.h.o.

"Heart of Stone" w/ Jimmy Page

"If you let me" nice B.T.B. outtake..kinda in the same vein as "Backstreet Girl"

"Family", a diff. take of "Memo", "I'm going down"..all in all a strange album, but a lot of great stuff here. Always loved this album

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: What essentially is left of the strange METAMORPHOSIS - except Jiving Siister Fanny?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 17, 2013 05:49

I'm Going Down is great!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 17, 2013 07:31

I'm Going Down is good. I prefer the version of Memo From Turner on Metamorphasis I love the riff and Mick's vocal. I also have always like Walkin Through The Sleepy City and I don't know why. Sweet Lucy is also a great tune.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 17, 2013 10:39

The entire side B is very good, and some songs there are excellent....not just "very good". Side A is horrible, with the exception of Don't Lie To Me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-17 11:51 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 17, 2013 10:51

Nothing to left on B-side I agree
I would have left these ones :

- Out of Time
- Some Things Just Stick in Your Mind
- Each and Everyday of the Year
- I'd Much Rather Be With the Boys
- (Walkin' Thru The) Sleepy City

HMN

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 17, 2013 11:05

Metamorphosis is very interesting and I love it as a whole.

A lot of good stuff.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 17, 2013 11:06

I like those ones for some reason...

Song writing wise I find them better than some of the pop songs which found their way on to stones albums. What To Do on Aftermath for example.

grinning smiley

Date: May 17, 2013 11:53

Honestman
Nothing to left on B-side I agree
I would have left these ones :

- Out of Time

Those ones gives me a headache, just by seeing the titles. I'll add "Try a Little Harder" to the headache-list.......incredible annoying tunes

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 17, 2013 12:58

The hard rocking version of Memo From Turner is great. First track which comes in mind if I remember Metamorphosis.

Date: May 17, 2013 14:34

RobertJohnson
The hard rocking version of Memo From Turner is great. First track which comes in mind if I remember Metamorphosis.

I find the "jagger solo" version really superiour

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 17, 2013 15:03

Erik_Snow
The entire side B is very good, and some songs there are excellent....not just "very good". Side A is horrible, with the exception of Don't Lie To Me

agree.
i dont know why is brilliant

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 17, 2013 15:08

I love the album. It is a strange mix, but I have always enjoyed this one a great deal. I Don't Know Why is such a great tune, my only complaint being this version should be about 3 minutes longer. I enjoy the rest of the tracks as well... Great stuff, imo.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 17, 2013 15:18

"I Don't Know Why" is one of their best songs, period.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-17 15:19 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 17, 2013 15:19

Fanny is good, but it never over excited me. The true highlights are If you let me, I don't know why and Memo.

C

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 17, 2013 15:27

This is what you call an album from the vaults..........most of them where completely unknown for me back then

Posted by: SilverBlanket ()
Date: May 17, 2013 16:23

There's some good tracks on the album, I'm not a fan of the majority of side one though.Well worth a listen.

Posted by: BJPortugal ()
Date: May 17, 2013 17:11

His Majesty

Song writing wise I find them better than some of the pop songs which found their way on to stones albums. What To Do on Aftermath for example.

grinning smiley

Indeed thumbs up

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: May 17, 2013 17:53

Artistically, "I Don't Know Why" could have easily been on Sticky Fingers or Exile, it's as good as anything on either of those.

great Keith rhythm guitar
Mick Taylor fabulous lead
amazing Mick Jagger vocal
cool fills from Charlie

great track! Recorded the night Brian Jones died.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 17, 2013 18:12

His Majesty

grinning smiley

Ok I will update my left list later just to know if you like it >grinning smiley<
by the way I like "What to Do", if you think it doesn't fit to Aftermath just listen to the US Version winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 17, 2013 18:27

His Majesty

grinning smiley

That's the 4 Pop tunes I always liked as well for whatever reason!
Plus Jiving Sister, Going down and I don't know why. If you let me, Don't lie to me and even Wyman's Suzie ain't that bad as well. Yeah it's been a strange album but really not that bad.
And as we know from Roy Carr's book it could have been even better . .

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 17, 2013 18:42

As has been stated here before, many blues cover tracks that they had intended to release (compiled by Bill Wyman, I believe) were taken off in favor of Andrew Loog Oldham Orchestra versions of Mick & Keith songs. Those tracks are not even the Rolling Stones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home