Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Best Stones Video (For A Song/Single)
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 10, 2011 19:24

1.Child of the Moon

Plus IORR & She was hot & Harlem Shuffle & Like a Rolling Stone & Don't stop and I thought Saint of me quite funny,

Rainfalldown video was just an awful nauseating cynical film and storyboard not much different to the worst car commercial (Probaly made by the same type of people).(Five super looking models arm in arm walking down the street in some run down warehouse end of town after a night out....oh yeah.....try some fat bird throwing up a kebab with her mates trying to put her shoes back on and pull her skirt down to hide her ill fitting thong, that's more like the reality) Personally I get sick of seeing The Stones set in poverty stricken surroundings when you know the last time any of them were in a slum it was probaly Edith Grove and the "Throw in a couple of lesbians....'That'll get their attention and approval' line....oh god...don't you just get sick of being patronised and subjected to attempts at manipulation by slimy advert makers....at least in Don't stop it's brazen advertising...I prefer the honesty of that myself....

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-14 20:02 by EddieByword.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: January 10, 2011 21:47

Don't Stop? This one?winking smiley

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: January 10, 2011 23:03

JJ Flash
Anybody Seen my Baby

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 10, 2011 23:33

Gazza
leteyer
I think Like a Rolling Stones is one of their best. Also like the Don't Stop video, but my favourite is IORR.

Seriously?

That one with the kids driving a car?

Must be a candidate for worst video ever by anyone.

Yes that's the one... I like how they go through memory lane with all tyhose songs being illustrated and I like the idea of some kids traveling to a Stones concert "doing things I used to do they think are new".

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 11, 2011 02:14

I like the honest simplicity with the Tattoo You videos like Start me up, Waiting on a friend, and Neighbours. For the modern era (post 82`) my favourite is Saint of me.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 11, 2011 03:23

Turning To Gold
The Jumpin' Jack Flash promo film with the warpaint and crazy sunglasses is near the top of my list. Especially when you look at it compared to what else was going on at the time -- it raises the bar in terms of weirdness that was going around in those days, and points in a new direction, headed towards glam and '70s decadence. Very important clip. Other "psychedelic" promo films from the same time period, like the Beatles "Strawberry Fields Forever" or "Baby You're A Rich Man" look incredibly tame in comparison.

Strawberry Fields is as good as JJF if you ask me.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 11, 2011 04:35

proudmary
Don't Stop? This one?winking smiley

That'll do, cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-11 04:53 by EddieByword.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 11, 2011 04:53

SHE'S SO COLD!

It is just the band, and mostly Mick in a white room.

Love this video.

They've had many great through the years, JJF is stellar, Undercover is excellent.

Don't Stop??? if this was a better song, might have resulted in a better video, but the video matches the song perfectly....both are poor.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 12, 2011 18:06

I don't think I've ever seen Don't Stop actually! This was allowed to be official?

Date: January 13, 2011 00:40

Two versions for Emotional Rescue eh? One is the single edit version and the other is what? It's not the LP version.

Short Edit

Long Edit

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 13, 2011 01:03

Don't Stop? This one?

Thats has to be one of the worst songs and video's the Stones have ever attempted.

Talk about messing up your legacy....

Date: January 13, 2011 01:41

It's the ultimate 'I can't be bothered'.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: January 13, 2011 05:54

Gazza
\
There were two videos of 'Undercover'.

The second one had some of the more violent scenes removed and featured more footage of the Stones 'performing' at the Bains-Douches club in Paris.

haven't watched them in years but wasn't one of the Undercover Of the Night videos ONLY the Stones
'performing' at the Bains-Douches club in Paris (no additional non-performance footage)???

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: January 13, 2011 09:07

loog droog
When "Harlem Shuffle" was new they played it at a theatre in Santa Monica which was showing the Terry Gilliam film "Brazil." Saw it twice (before and after "Brazil" ) one afternoon.

It looks really, really good on a big screen.

The Harlem Shuffle video was indeed great. The animation in it was directed by
John Kricfalusi, who went on to create Ren & Stimpy a few years later.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: January 13, 2011 10:44

Why have I associated HS w/Ralph Bakshi all these years?

Edited to add: I see now that Bakshi directed the video but didn't do the animation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-13 10:46 by Glam Descendant.

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: January 13, 2011 10:53

My vote: START ME UP !!

The moment, when Keith, the King of Cool, comes in sight, is hard to top.

Priest

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: January 13, 2011 11:50

I think "Plundered My Soul" is a brilliant video.

It's a good idea to start with, one that obviously nails the sense of delving back into Exile. But the percussion of the editing and the sweeps across and into the images...beautiful and scattered and funny. It's interesting, the idea of promoting an album that people have been loving for almost four decades. For my own part, I felt a rush of joy when I saw the video and heard that song.

I always thought the "Love Is Strong" video was majestic--much better than the song. "Anybody Seen My Baby" and "Like A Rolling Stone" look a lot better than I remember.

PS: Can anyone identify the woman having a very sexy laugh with Jagger at 2:15 in "Plundered My Soul?" They appear to be backstage during the '72 tour...

Date: January 14, 2011 19:55

So no real consensus yet on what might be their best video single ever or certainly a top 5. I'm curious to see enough people weigh in on this.

Jumpin' Jack Flash is awesome, especially when you consider when it was done.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 14, 2011 19:59

She Was Hot
Waiting On A Friend

Date: January 14, 2011 23:38

Virgin Priest
My vote: START ME UP !!

The moment, when Keith, the King of Cool, comes in sight, is hard to top.

Priest

That one always makes me laugh, because Mick's lip syncing is so off.

Date: January 15, 2011 00:37

You gotta love Keith and Ronnie's guitar "playing" in Start Me Up - they're no where near the correct chords...just holding on to the guitar and posing ha ha...

Date: January 15, 2011 17:03

skipstone
You gotta love Keith and Ronnie's guitar "playing" in Start Me Up - they're no where near the correct chords...just holding on to the guitar and posing ha ha...

Yes! Yet somehow, I loved this video when it first came out. They just looked wasted and cool.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home