Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT:Kinks- picture book boxset
Date: January 6, 2011 14:58

anyone have this? i was thinking of getting it but i wanted to know are the discs in individual cases inside the box?

Re: OT:Kinks- picture book boxset
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 6, 2011 16:18

Maybe this one could help you:

[2.bp.blogspot.com]

Date: January 6, 2011 23:12

thanks. it looks like individual cases. i hate boxsets where you can't take a single disc with you. makes it hard to listen to sometimes

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: January 7, 2011 01:59

I have it and it's in individual cases.

Per-Arne

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 7, 2011 06:21

I notice it is no longer available on US Amazon! So I rushed to order it from UK Amazon. I am a big Kinks fan, but I never got my shit together to get this! Looks great!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 7, 2011 07:42

Picture Book devotes too much space to songs from after their golden age, i.e., anything after Muswell Hillbillies (1971). Ray Davies really fell off in the '80s when he was blatantly pandering to the American audience that he couldn't get when the Kinks were banned from the States between 1965 and '69 because of a union dispute.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 7, 2011 07:59

Oh I disagree completely! The Kinks had a lot of great stuff from the 80's. Give the People What They Want and State of Confusion are great! Think Visual was weak, but Word of Mouth is very solid. UK Jive was not that great, but Phobia was nice, and To the Bone is CLASSIC! Granted it is live with mostly older songs, but very solid and the song To the Bone is stunning.

Date: January 7, 2011 09:10

whitem8
I notice it is no longer available on US Amazon! So I rushed to order it from UK Amazon. I am a big Kinks fan, but I never got my shit together to get this! Looks great!

i noticed that too. not even used. it is on tower records, barnes and noble and cduniverse still though

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2498
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home