Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones--berlin--Sept. 1965--Waldbühne
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: January 4, 2011 21:40

My first Rolling stones concert--when I was 13! the crowd went crazy. Violence.

Glad to come out alive!!

Somebody of you have pictures?--or been there?

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Re: Stones--berlin--Sept. 1965--Waldbühne
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 5, 2011 04:08

Theres an audience recording of it - one of the very few from that era.

Sound is shit, though.

Wasnt that the show where Jagger goose-stepped during 'Satisfaction' and the crowd rioted afterwards?

Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: January 5, 2011 08:25

I think there are some pictures in this book (can't remember if there are only pictures from the Munster gig, as title states):
[www.amazon.de]
Update: I've just checked my copy, and the title says it all: only pictures from the Munster-gig.

and in the new Bob Bonis book...
[www.amazon.de]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-05 08:58 by Sacke.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 5, 2011 08:44

........................... West Berlin West Germany 15 September 1965 ---- Bob Bonis

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 5, 2011 14:55

The best release is on Ready Steady Stones VGP-248 (among with dozens of early live and TV recordings). Very usefull release. The recording is not the best, but quite listenable for that time (much better than Gothenburg I think).

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: May 27, 2011 10:43

Some Stones footage at 8.18 in this German docu:

Date: June 7, 2011 11:22

Monsoon Ragoon
The best release is on Ready Steady Stones VGP-248 (among with dozens of early live and TV recordings). Very usefull release. The recording is not the best, but quite listenable for that time (much better than Gothenburg I think).

Maybe the vinylbootleg The Riot show (which was probably the source for the VGP release sounds slightly better:

[www.iorr.org]

Unfortunately only available as mp3, so it's hard to make a good comparison with the VGP release.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 7, 2011 13:57

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-07 14:00 by TooTough.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 15:44

Date: June 7, 2011 20:56

The Seed Of Violence - East German magazine NBI (Neue Berliner Illustrierte) two weeks after the event.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 8, 2011 10:25

Thirty years ago when I was in Berlin I met a guy who had been attending the concert (then 15 years ago). He told me that the first groups who performed wore suits and did their 'gymnastics' which was the fashion of the day.
Then the Stones came on in casual clothes and began to play. Everybody thought that they were only tuning their instruments because they just moved naturally, and that the concert would start after they'd change their clothes and put on suits as well. But then the crowd realized that the Stones actually had started their gig and they went crazy. It must have been unbelievable in a society which was very strict back then. The picture of Brian Jones in the article seems quite symbolic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-09 17:05 by saltoftheearth.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 8, 2011 11:24

saltoftheearth
Thirty years ago when I was in Berlin I met a guy who had been attending the concert (then 15 years ago). He told me that the first groups who performed wore suits and did their 'gymnastics' which was the fashion of the day.
Then the Stones came on in casual clothes and began to play. Everybody thought that they were only tuning their instruments because they just moved naturally. But then the crowd realized that the Stones actually had started their gig and they went crazy. It must have been unbelievable in a society which was very strict back then. The picture of Brian Jones in the article seems quite symbolic.

There you go, Havo.

Since you've been there yourself, do you share that above quoted unnamed eyewitness' experience at the Waldbühne?

Seems to be a very interesting feature.l

Date: June 8, 2011 11:28

child-of-the-moon

The Seed Of Violence - East German magazine NBI (Neue Berliner Illustrierte) two weeks after the event.
Thanks Child Of The Moon. Any chance of posting the complete article? Thanks in advance.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 8, 2011 15:18

dead.flowers

Since you've been there yourself, do you share that above quoted unnamed eyewitness' experience at the Waldbühne?

He is unnamed because I met him by accident on the street and got to talk about the Stones (or perhaps he was the seller at the bootleg store - it is impossible to remember 31 years later). I think I wanted to know where a record store selling bootlegs was (where I bought a very expensive LIVE IN LONDON [September 1973] bootleg album). I do not think I ever knew his name.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 8, 2011 16:55

OK, saltoftheearth, still many thanks to you for that highly interesting info.

However, my question actually went to Havo, who personally attended that show: His first Stones gig, at the age of 13! What a treat!

So, Havo, do you share that experience?

"... the first groups who performed wore suits and did their 'gymnastics' which was the fashion of the day. Then the Stones came on in casual clothes and began to play. Everybody thought that they were only tuning their instruments because they just moved naturally. But then the crowd realized that the Stones actually had started their gig and they went crazy. It must have been unbelievable in a society which was very strict back then. The picture of Brian Jones in the article seems quite symbolic."

Date: June 8, 2011 20:03

Britney
child-of-the-moon

Thanks Child Of The Moon. Any chance of posting the complete article? Thanks in advance.

The complete article is a part of the new book by The Writing Twins published in spring time next year.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home