Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How much Time and Money ya' Spent on The Stones
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 2, 2011 03:20

Roughly how much time and money do ya' think ya' spent on The Stones over the years..thousands,,ten's of thousands?
Well for a start my loss of income alone would have to be right up there in the thousands considering I take a week off work or more.. for each concert.Then theres another half day off work to buy a ticket..by the time ya' spend a few hours standing in a queue..half the mornings over already.What I lose in wages is nothing compared to what i've spend on Tickets..DVD's..CD's..Memorabilia..Airfares..Hotels..Booze..etc.. there's another couple of grands worth..it soon adds up.. "And ya' know something The Stones are worth every cent..no worries".All i've gotta' do now is get cashed up for the next Tour.Actually im just about to shoot into town and buy another Stones CD..cheers..smoking smiley

Re: How much Time and Money ya' Spent on The Stones
Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: January 2, 2011 03:27

let us know which CD you bought

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 2, 2011 03:28

Do you really want to know this?

Although I have all there records and some Books, Videos and DVD's I'm not a big collector don't think I pass the 2000 Euro

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 2, 2011 03:30

colonial
Roughly how much time and money do ya' think ya' spent on The Stones over the years..thousands,,ten's of thousands?
Well for a start my loss of income alone would have to be right up there in the thousands considering I take a week off work or more.. for each concert.Then theres another half day off work to buy a ticket..by the time ya' spend a few hours standing in a queue..half the mornings over already.What I lose in wages is nothing compared to what i've spend on Tickets..DVD's..CD's..Memorabilia..Airfares..Hotels..Booze..etc.. there's another couple of grands worth..it soon adds up.. "And ya' know something The Stones are worth every cent..no worries".All i've gotta' do now is get cashed up for the next Tour.Actually im just about to shoot into town and buy another Stones CD..cheers..smoking smiley

You've spent thousands of dollars on them yet you still dont own all their CD's? Call yourself a fan? tongue sticking out smiley

Date: January 2, 2011 03:34

marchbaby
marchbaby.. I gonna' buy another "Emotional Rescue" CD..I've worn the other one out..

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 2, 2011 03:40

I couldn't begin to calculate that but I do remember winning £18 on a one-armed bandit (US = slot machine) in 1974 and going straight from the cafe across the road to Virgin records (Where the staff were happily smoking grass behind the counter) and buying 8 Stones albums and having change for sausage, egg, beans & chips,a packet of fags and the busfare home....those were the days...................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-02 04:35 by EddieByword.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 2, 2011 04:34

A lot of time and lot of money both counted by the thousands and still spending.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: January 2, 2011 06:45

EddieByword
I couldn't begin to calculate that but I do remember winning £18 on a one-armed bandit (US = slot machine) in 1974 and going straight from the cafe across the road to Virgin records (Where the staff were happily smoking grass behind the counter) and buying 8 Stones albums and having change for sausage, egg, beans & chips,a packet of fags and the busfare home....those were the days...................

EddieByword..yea'.. Those were the days alright..what can ya' get nowadays for 18 pounds in the way of Stones stuff..

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 2, 2011 10:44

less than 50 Euros during the last decade - I just bought the new Exile and remastered versions of Bagger's Banquet, Let it Bleed and 12x5 (all special offers)
(for comparison: In the same time I've spent some ten thousand Euros on Bob Dylan CDs, concerts, and traveling costs to get to concerts)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-02 10:46 by slewan.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 2, 2011 10:58

I'd rather not know

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 2, 2011 11:06

Who could calculate this? Maybe if you wrote down all the prices from the start. Anyhow, I've spent a fortune on them. Probably could of bought a house, but I'm happier this way. "To each is own" is the old saying.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 2, 2011 13:20

circa 1997 i gave up and just had my employer deposit all my paychecks directly to the Stones

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: January 2, 2011 15:09

Being a "Taylorite", the bulk of the money I have spent on Rolling Stones merchandise has been on bootleg LPs & vintage magazines, ticket stubs,photos, etc. The amount I have spent on official Stones merchandise is FAR less.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 2, 2011 15:43

Too much. Both.

- Doxa

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: January 3, 2011 01:24

colonial
marchbaby
marchbaby.. I gonna' buy another "Emotional Rescue" CD..I've worn the other one out..

good choice!

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: pdw ()
Date: January 3, 2011 04:47

I figure I've bought Mick at least 4 chairs and an umbrella table by the infinity pool for one of his island homes.

Aftermath

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 3, 2011 09:48

Well that Rolling Stones coffee mug I bought some years ago seriously damaged my finances ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 3, 2011 10:47

Time : a lot
Money : not enough winking smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1221
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home