Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Rihanna
Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 14, 2013 14:29

From the IORR Editor:

This is an example of an intolerant and racist hostile post that I do NOT want to see on IORR. First of all it is in disrespect of the artist Rihanna. Secondly it is a way of saying "I or we" are better than "you and others". I do NOT want that kind of campaigns on IORR. Rihanna like many other artists is hard working and deserve all the respect she can get like all others. Also, I noticed the actually name Rihanna is never written in this original post, which is a clear sign of sad intolerance.

By the way, this is some facts about Rihanna. She is from Barbados by the way:

In April 2012, Rihanna placed at number twenty on Time magazine's list of the '100 Most Influential People in the World'. The following month, Forbes ranked her fourth on their Celebrity 100 list, naming her one the world's most powerful celebrities with earnings of $53 million between May 2011 and May 2012. She is the most popular person on the social network Facebook, has the fourth most followers on Twitter and is the most-viewed female artist on video-sharing site YouTube, putting her atop Forbes list of 'Social Networking Superstars'. She has broken multiple Guinness World Records, noting titles as the first woman in the UK to have five number one singles in five consecutive years, the singer with most number one singles in a year and the artist with most digital number one singles in the United States. Rihanna has been named the best-selling digital artist of all time in the United States, having sold 58 million singles as a lead artist as of 2012.

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

-----

This was the original post...

OT? Idiot pop singer confuses Rolling Stones (the band) with Rolling Stone (the magazine)

1) Discussing getting the cover of Rolling Stone, this girl from
some backwards island nation says, "The Rolling Stones are
legends, like Bob Marley, so it is an honor to reach that mark."
Listen, girly, you're not in Borneo anymore, so grab a clue about
the modern world, ok?

2) Her new vid, without clothes or makeup, has 10 million
views the first day. I guess she wants to prove she's the only
person in the world besides Adele who can take a piano ballad top 10.
But at least Adele has the decency to leave her clothes on.

3) Here's her current top 10 chart positions around the world.
Israel, Jordan, Papua New Guinea, Nigeria, Nicaragua, Singapore,
Kazahkstan wtf?!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-15 09:49 by bv.

Re: OT? Idiot pop singer confuses Rolling Stones (the band) with Rolling Stone (the magazine)
Date: February 14, 2013 15:48

??

Re: OT? Idiot pop singer confuses Rolling Stones (the band) with Rolling Stone (the magazine)
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 14, 2013 16:08

You seem quite angry with Rihanna...did she forget to mention you in her acceptance speech?

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 14, 2013 16:25

she said it was an honor to be on rolling stone magazine covers because legends like Bob Marley have been on the cover.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: February 14, 2013 16:29

Who the ef and or "what" is a rihanna?

Posted by: howled ()
Date: February 14, 2013 16:32

I'd rather look at Rihanna than Mick or Keef anyday and so would Mick and Keef I would presume.

Date: February 14, 2013 16:32

alhavu1
Who the ef and or "what" is a rihanna?

Smash hit for Fleetwood Mac amongst other things

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: February 14, 2013 16:49

THAT makes sense!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 14, 2013 17:42

Munichhilton
You seem quite angry with Rihanna...did she forget to mention you in her acceptance speech?

I just wanted it noted you are on fire today munich

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: February 14, 2013 17:49

I didn't know hate speech was allowed here. You sound like a very frustrated individual who vents out his anger trashing countries that you probably know next to nothing about.... "some backwards island country"?!! The only one backwards is you, my friend.

Date: February 14, 2013 18:15

stones_serb
I didn't know hate speech was allowed here. You sound like a very frustrated individual who vents out his anger trashing countries that you probably know next to nothing about.... "some backwards island country"?!! The only one backwards is you, my friend.

Apparently, and I hate this, hate speech is allowed, and even promoted.

Date: February 14, 2013 19:54

treaclefingers
Munichhilton

Noted seems too official. Can it just be toasted?

Date: February 14, 2013 19:55

stones_serb

Pretty sure 'he' is actually a 'her'...I could be wrong

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 14, 2013 20:00

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton

Noted seems too official. Can it just be toasted?

Being on fire I think you might be a bit more than toasted, flambeed maybe?.................cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-14 20:41 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 14, 2013 20:17

This may come as a shock but Rihanna isn't that photogenic. She's above average looking of course but that's about it. Nothing extraordinary.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 14, 2013 20:29

superrevvy
this girl from some backwards island nation says, "The Rolling Stones are legends, like Bob Marley, so it is an honor to reach that mark." Listen, girly, you're not in Borneo anymore, so grab a clue about the modern world, ok?

The only one who needs a clue here is you, she's from Barbados. Pretty sad too to call Barbados a backwards island nation.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 14, 2013 20:34

Did someone hack into superrevvy's account? Why is he so upset with the love of his life? Did Rihanna put a restraining order on you or something?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 14, 2013 21:44

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-14 22:11 by Stoneage.

Date: February 14, 2013 22:32

superrevvy
For the many apparently clueless, I was doing a parody of a typical Rolling Stones fan.

Wow are you people out of it.

ha! try again.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 14, 2013 22:52

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 14, 2013 23:25

The 60s and 70s are a long time ago if you weren't even born then. To put things in perspective, how many popular songs and performers from the 30s and 40s can you name? Could you tell the difference between a Tommy Dorsey or Glenn Miller tune if you heard it? Can you quote us some lyrics from a Kate Smith song? Can you name the Chuck Berry song whose main melody is a direct lift from a tune by Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra?

Date: February 14, 2013 23:31

stonehearted
The 60s and 70s are a long time ago if you weren't even born then. To put things in perspective, how many popular songs and performers from the 30s and 40s can you name? Could you tell the difference between a Tommy Dorsey or Glenn Miller tune if you heard it? Can you quote us some lyrics from a Kate Smith song? Can you name the Chuck Berry song whose main melody is a direct lift from a tune by Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra?

You have to be in the mood to name Glenn Miller tunes...

Date: February 14, 2013 23:55

Rock??

Date: February 14, 2013 23:59

superrevvy.....if your first post in this thread is your opinion....fine. you're entitled to it...no need to claim it was a "parody" and create this whole other thing.

please clarify how showing a clip of her RS Mag shoot is a parody of anything. The clip was not even what you claimed it was. and the Adele bit...???? seems you were just trying to make Rihanna a joke.

i don't know much about her except that she got back with chris brown...the guy that beat her up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-15 01:13 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 15, 2013 00:41

I don't know too much about this girl but from what's appeared on this thread......
I have to say.....I know every band/artist has a bad one now and again but Superevvy I'm asuming you've put that 'Stay' up as a good one,,,,if that's true I really don't get your point, to me that's just @#$%& ING boring navel gazing ....well I won't go as far as to say crap but................nearly, it's just boring....
And as for her looks & expression, she just looks and like any other dead-eyed sullen faced teenage minger off my estate....................confused smiley.........tiresome in the extreme.
As for the rhythms, as I say I haven't heard any of her stuff except that which you just posted here but I do tend to think for me at least her band would have to be suepermen - sic - to surpass the Blockheads of Ian Dury fame..............but I will borrow a CD from the library next week.
Lastly, another mystery, why so much anger to others that don't share your state of enthrall?.................(dare I ask?)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-15 11:47 by EddieByword.

Date: February 15, 2013 04:19

Munichhilton
stones_serb

Pretty sure 'he' is actually a 'her'...I could be wrong

That's ok then...we always cut the ladies a bit more slack. Plus it's Valentine's.

Date: February 15, 2013 04:20

DandelionPowderman
Rock??

She's all rock Powderman...but no roll baby.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 15, 2013 05:05

Toady .... I never thought flattery would get me anywhere ....

ROCKMAN

Re: OT: Rihanna
Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 17, 2013 18:30

Re: OT: Rihanna
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 17, 2013 20:53

Wow, now I am quite confused. I haven't really followed the posts of the superrevvy, since most of them were about Rihanna / Gaga, but how does this fit into the picture? I really only know some little pieces of his / hers posts, but he / she was doing a ""campaign" for Rihanna's tour, claiming it was "the greatest fan experience in history": [www.iorr.org]

Another thing I remember, he (I will write "he" to make it simplier) said he would boycott the One More Shot PPV in December (the seventh post here: [www.iorr.org]), because Gaga was on list, and he boycotted everything Gaga-related, as every Rihanna fan. (Then after the PPV he was over the Moon about Gaga).

Well, how does the original post in this thread fit into the picture? Superrevvy didn't seem like another incarnation of Watchmen, MightyStones...but I guess they were at least equal.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1453
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home