Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Steelheart (early 90s band)
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 19, 2013 02:19

Very off topic, but just wondering if anyone has ever heard of these guys. They put out 2 incredible albums in the early 90s then disappeared and the singer came back under the bands name and started making pretty different music.

Great hard rock 80s sound that might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love it. And the lead singer's voice is just incredible. Sometimes people on here surprise me with the obscure bands they know of, and this is definitely one of them, so I figured I'd throw this one out. First song I was ever introduced by them:

Re: OT: Steelheart (early 90s band)
Date: January 19, 2013 04:02

yup i know them. saw the singer live when he was the singer for the doors or manzarek/kreiger or whatever they went by a few years ago when he was with them

Date: January 19, 2013 07:37

I'm flabbergasted someone knows them! I posed it hoping someone would, but highly doubted it. Are you a fan of their music at all, such as the song posted? I liken them to bands like Guns N Roses, or early Def Leppard and Whitesnake, just more unknown than them. Their first two albums truly are excellent, the first being a tad more highly regarded by the 5 people that know them, even though their second album is awesome from start to finish.

Date: January 19, 2013 08:29

RollingFreak
I'm flabbergasted someone knows them! I posed it hoping someone would, but highly doubted it. Are you a fan of their music at all, such as the song posted? I liken them to bands like Guns N Roses, or early Def Leppard and Whitesnake, just more unknown than them. Their first two albums truly are excellent, the first being a tad more highly regarded by the 5 people that know them, even though their second album is awesome from start to finish.

i like them. they had a top 40 hit here in the usa and the first album went gold. i think the singer is a tad overrated these days though. he is nowhere near as good as he was 20 years ago. now all the high notes sound like screaming the same note at the top of his lungs where 20 years ago he was actually singing the notes. i don't think they sound at all like guns n roses though.

a few bands that are underrated that do sound a bit like guns n roses:
wildside
kik tracee
love/hate

Date: January 20, 2013 02:36

Very cool. I figured they had to have been relatively known in the US at the time, just that they were more playing this type of music in the wrong time. Playing this in comparison to the grunge coming out at that time probably didn't help them. They would have most likely had more success in 1985 during the LA heavy metal scene.

Didn't know about his singing these days. I know there are some videos on Youtube, I just haven't watched them. Disappointing, but not unexpected that his voice isn't the same as 20 years ago. They never play here in the US, or at least not regularly, so I haven't gotten a chance to see them. Doubt I will, but if they were to play I'd be there in a second.

And thanks for the other suggestions! Haven't heard of most, but Wildside sounds familiar and maybe I'll recognize a song when I look them up.

Date: January 20, 2013 02:57

here you go:
kik tracee. singer auditioned for velvet revolver.

love/hate:

wildside:

forgot a band.
spread eagle:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home