Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: keith--if you cant-----let the stones roll
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: January 17, 2011 19:44

It's maybe better if the stones let roll Keith before he became a image of himself...

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: January 17, 2011 20:24

i wanna say now, I always liked keith, but if he really is unable to play guitar ,like 45 years in enormous way--i would say-lets the rolling stones still roll. mick jagger, charlie watts and ron wood together with a "NEW" guitarist will be great. I like keith!!!

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 17, 2011 20:38

Havo
i wanna say now, I always liked keith, but if he really is unable to play guitar ,like 45 years in enormous way--i would say-lets the rolling stones still roll. mick jagger, charlie watts and ron wood together with a "NEW" guitarist will be great. I like keith!!!

i kinda like the idea - for the sheer absurdity of it, if nothing else....

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: January 17, 2011 21:55

StonesTod
Havo

It wouldn't be the Stones as far as I am concerned so they wouldn't get a sale from me.

Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: January 17, 2011 22:04

What ?????? no way !!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-17 22:19 by ChrisO.

Date: January 17, 2011 22:10

Braincapers
StonesTod
Havo

It wouldn't be the Stones as far as I am concerned so they wouldn't get a sale from me.

oh come now. open your mind....take some killer drugs if it helps. life's too short to have rules about whot he stones are or aren't...

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: January 17, 2011 22:27

Braincapers

Fair enough. I can't see the Stones without Mick, Keith or Charlie but that's just my take I don't have a problem with people having a different view. I do get fed up with the anti Keith feeling but, again, that's just my view.

Date: January 17, 2011 22:42

who's anti-keith?

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: January 17, 2011 22:46

anty keith???--youre kidden

Date: January 17, 2011 22:49

any relation to anti em?

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: January 18, 2011 12:53

northernale1
pgarof
Bitches Brew
again and again same old threads..

And your point is??

pgrof

and your ppoint is??

i can see bitches brews point more clearly then yours

who is pgrof? if you mean me well my point is that these threads create disscusion, free speech ect, all you boring people who go on about 'same old threads'. why cant people bring up old topics? maybe they haven't disscused them before?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-18 15:31 by pgarof.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: January 18, 2011 18:38

Havo

There were rumours back in 2006 when Keith injured his head that they may do the European shows with a different guitar player. I am not sure if we fans came up with this speculation or whether it was ever really considered by the band. It would be interesting to know if it actually was given any thought.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: January 18, 2011 19:17

georgeV
Havo

There were rumours back in 2006 when Keith injured his head that they may do the European shows with a different guitar player. I am not sure if we fans came up with this speculation or whether it was ever really considered by the band. It would be interesting to know if it actually was given any thought.

Just speculation, but I would bet it was seriously talked about. Theres a lot of financial pressure to finish a tour that massive.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: January 20, 2011 18:24

georgeV

Any more info about these rumours?

Date: February 10, 2011 13:46

That dog don't hunt--- We need Keef---End of story.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: February 10, 2011 14:38

The Stones
Mick Jagger sure looks good in that clip with long, full hair, lots of energy and he's pretty much
doing a perfect version of JJF. But we don't want no Jimmy Rip, it's gotta be Keef who's delivering the goods.

I love that intro! I wish Keith would (sort of) recreate the opening riff of the studio recording too...

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: February 10, 2011 17:37

If there was any truth to the statements that there is no Stones w/out Keef, then there would've been no Stones after Brian, after all, it was his band...

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: February 10, 2011 20:02

dewlover
If there was any truth to the statements that there is no Stones w/out Keef, then there would've been no Stones after Brian, after all, it was his band...

Excellent point. I've always thought they more or less became a different band after TSMR anyway (maybe or maybe not a better band, but certainly a different band).

Much as I'd hate to see the band without Keith, I actually think the biggest key to the Stones sound (apart from Mick's voice) is Charlie. Other guitarists can sound (pretty much) like Keith, but whenever I see Mick solo footage (& Keith solo footage too), it's always the drumming that sounds the most "wrong".

Date: March 7, 2011 21:44

I don't think Keef is the problem right now. Jagger's recording solo stuff again, Ronnie's gonna play with the Faces and Charlie's gonna do some more of that boogie woogie thing.
It seems like Keef is actually the only one who can roll with the Stones...

Date: March 7, 2011 21:46

The Stones
I don't think Keef is the problem right now. Jagger's recording solo stuff again, Ronnie's gonna play with the Faces and Charlie's gonna do some more of that boogie woogie thing.

first he has roll out of bed

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 7, 2011 22:08

The Stones

..and the likely reason theyve all decided to do work outside the band is what ?

I think youve got all this arse about face.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 7, 2011 22:12

The Stones
Mick is not recording solo stuff.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 7, 2011 22:15

The Stones on stage without Keith would look like a summer with no sun
it would be disappointing

Date: March 7, 2011 22:18

jpasc95
The Stones on stage without Keith would look like a summer with no sun

would there be beer? and nachos? i'd be okay without the sun if we had beer and nachos...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 7, 2011 22:29

I agree with the keep-keith-but-bring-taylor-back-upfront-with-ronnie-and-take-the-bloody-guitar-out-of-blondie's-hands sentiment.

I wouldn't be upset at all either if they stopped letting him sing lead on anything these days.

But yeah, you need him onstage, even if it's his 3-note "boo bee BEEP boooo" thing he only seems to do now.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 7, 2011 22:45

Bitches Brew
again and again same old threads..

Well, I was expecting something quite unusual this year and 2012. Then it seems to turn out like 1986-1987. With the difference of 3 decades. If you do not create some music, forget it. Do something else. Keith has chosen to write a book. Well, he has done what he wanted to do. But split The Stones. Nearly everything seemed to have turned upside down since he fell from that damned tree. Anyway, nearly 50 years leave you with a fascinating experience.

Date: March 7, 2011 22:45

jamesfdouglas
I agree with the keep-keith-but-bring-taylor-back-upfront-with-ronnie-and-take-the-bloody-guitar-out-of-blondie's-hands sentiment.

I wouldn't be upset at all either if they stopped letting him sing lead on anything these days.

But yeah, you need him onstage, even if it's his 3-note "boo bee BEEP boooo" thing he only seems to do now.

it's more of a "bee boo BOOP beeee" thing, no?

Date: March 7, 2011 23:55

even if it's his 3-note "boo bee BEEP boooo" thing

LOL! Well, I don't mind Keith's rusty playing as long as he delivers like he did with "Learning The Game" in Austin, Texas in 2006. Now, THAT was a fine performance.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: March 8, 2011 00:57

I would not attend a Stones concert if Keith were not the guitarist. He has written the songs, and provides most of the music volume on stage. Keith plays perfectly during studio work but is not always perfect live in concert. Why?

I have no proof but I suspect he is stoned and drunk out of his head. What he does to his mind and body is of no concern to me, but he needs to be sober on stage so he can show us what he really can do. In top form, he is unbeatable.

Date: March 8, 2011 08:29

sweetcharmedlife
Mick is not recording solo stuff.

I thought Mick was in Los Angeles working with Dave Stewart and hangin' at parties with Justin Bieber...

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1963
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home