Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - question for StonesTod
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 2, 2013 17:23

hello StonesTod-
have you seen or gotten any of the Jazz Icons dvds on amazon? I saw the Cannonball Adderly one from '63..a concert in Sweden..w Nat Adderly, Yusef Lateef, Sam Jones and Louis Hayes..and Joe Zawinul..

really well-recorded and filmed. I will be getting others in this series, there's a Bill Evans one, and a Dave Brubeck one..

Re: OT - question for StonesTod
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 2, 2013 17:29

thanks for the tip - but in all honesty - i really don't watch dvd's of any kind. i got music playing in the house all day - mostly classical and jazz - but my eyes are doing other things. my nose and mouth, too....

the cannonball band of that era is one of the all-time greats - the live records from new york and san francisco have been in my regular rotation for decades.

Date: January 2, 2013 17:40

...i really don't watch dvd's of any kind...

ok. you'd love it, but ok.

cool smiley

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: January 2, 2013 17:49

You could put a dvd on and just listen to it...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 2, 2013 17:58

...or just watch it, and turn down the volume.

There are seemingly endless possibilities, or at least 2 anyway.

Date: January 2, 2013 17:59

what if i don't have any dvd's? what are the possibilities in that case?

Date: January 2, 2013 18:01

StonesTod

start with the cannonball adderly one!

Posted by: open-g ()

GumbootCloggeroo
You could put a dvd on and just listen to it...

...or just watch it, and turn down the volume.

that would be a terrible waste!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()

infinite, as you could walk down to Best Buy. Or drive.

Date: January 2, 2013 18:04

duke richardson
StonesTod

start with the cannonball adderly one!

i don't wanna watch music. that's like listening to whisky...or something.

Date: January 2, 2013 18:23

ok. sorry I even brought it up.

smoking smiley

Date: January 2, 2013 18:24

duke richardson

smoking smiley

no! you were absolutely right to bring it up. and i was absolutely right to smack it right down.

Date: January 2, 2013 18:31

StonesTod
duke richardson

smoking smiley

no! you were absolutely right to bring it up. and i was absolutely right to smack it right down.

its all right. I don't care. you're avoiding a great document of music that I am sure you would enjoy, but you don't wanna. but thats FINE.

Date: January 2, 2013 18:44

duke richardson
StonesTod
duke richardson

smoking smiley

its all right. I don't care. you're avoiding a great document of music that I am sure you would enjoy, but you don't wanna. but thats FINE.

would you feel any better if i were to tell you that i'm actually blind?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 2, 2013 18:45

StonesTod
thanks for the tip - but in all honesty - i really don't watch dvd's of any kind. i got music playing in the house all day - mostly classical and jazz - but my eyes are doing other things. my nose and mouth, too....

the cannonball band of that era is one of the all-time greats - the live records from new york and san francisco have been in my regular rotation for decades.
what do you like for classical music?

Date: January 2, 2013 18:48

TheGreek
StonesTod

what do you like for classical music?

i'm not overly adventurous...vivaldi, bach, beethoven and mozart (prolly in that order) are my faves....have pretty much everything they wrote. and there's not much classical i won't give a try. there's a great local classical station here that occasionally turns me onto something i hadn't heard....

Date: January 2, 2013 19:01

back brandenburg concertos,mozert symphany's and don giovani opera along with the marriage of figaro.haydn symphony's beethoven pretty much everything.verdi operas (allof them)i like bizet,ravel,debussey(spelled that wrong)i love mahler symphony 1-5.one of the summer treats for me is going to tanglewood for the boston symphony orchestra.there is so much to like i know i am leaving off so much more , good taste by the by !!!

Date: January 2, 2013 19:04

TheGreek
back brandenburg concertos,mozert symphany's and don giovani opera along with the marriage of figaro.haydn symphony's beethoven pretty much everything.verdi operas (allof them)i like bizet,ravel,debussey(spelled that wrong)i love mahler symphony 1-5.one of the summer treats for me is going to tanglewood for the boston symphony orchestra.there is so much to like i know i am leaving off so much more , good taste by the by !!!

actually been listening to quite a bit of early renaissance choral stuff - 16th century stuff. very fascinating. i read alot of history from that period, and it's kinda fun to listen to music written in the era whilst i read about the times.

Date: January 2, 2013 19:14

StonesTod
TheGreek

actually been listening to quite a bit of early renaissance choral stuff - 16th century stuff. very fascinating. i read alot of history from that period, and it's kinda fun to listen to music written in the era whilst i read about the times.
good stuff that is for sure !

Date: January 2, 2013 19:25

TheGreek
StonesTod
TheGreek

good stuff that is for sure !

yep. it really makes it so obvious how much rocknroll sucks: alot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home