Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Michael Cohl's / U2's "SPIDERMAN" ($65 Million +) musical on Broadway suffer 4th major Accident
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: December 21, 2010 17:54

"SPIDERMAN: TURN OFF THE DARK" maybe should just "TURN OFF" Period. Injury after injury, delay after delay... the people in charge just can't seem to get it right with broken bones and head concussions. Last night's accident could have caused the actor's death if he had fallen the wrong/a different way. IMHO this thing is just not gonna work and then when there finally is actor and/or audience death THEN they will decide to close down this mess.

At $65 Million, the most expensive musical ever, it's hard to let go but what's more important? A cartoon brought to life or the 100% safety of AUDIENCE and ACTORS? I think greed will win as usual. You must remember that rehearsals (this was a REHEARSAL with paid audience, the show hasn't official opened yet - delayed twice already I believe) have been going on for months and they still have accident after accident.

Sounds a bit too iffy for my taste, getting hurt or killed sure ain't worth it. U2 - in charge of Soundtrack Music, Michael Cohl (Stones Concert Producer since 1989) Producer for the Spiderman show.

TV NEWS REPORT FROM THIS MORNING - NYC (Tuesday 12/21) CLICK ON "WATCH ON YOU TUBE" to see footage/report

AUDIENCE FOOTAGE FROM TMZ
[news.tmz.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-21 18:21 by CrissCrossMind.

Re: OT: Michael Cohl's / U2's "SPIDERMAN" ($65 Million +) musical on Broadway suffer 4th major Accident
Date: December 21, 2010 18:10

Anyone have an opinion on this? Should they shut it down?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-21 18:23 by CrissCrossMind.

Re: OT: Michael Cohl's / U2's "SPIDERMAN" ($65 Million +) musical on Broadway suffer 4th major Accident
Date: December 21, 2010 22:56

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: December 21, 2010 23:09

No to shutting it down. I would like to see it.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: December 21, 2010 23:09

It's great publicity. Should be a blockbuster.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 22, 2010 00:33

CrissCrossMind
Anyone have an opinion on this? Should they shut it down?

Absolutely not. I enjoy a good fiasco, and hope to see this one continue for a while longer.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 22, 2010 00:38

Michael Cohl must have recently watched The Producers.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: December 22, 2010 10:19

is the music by U2? I don´t like post 1993 U2 and I don´t like the first few LPs, I know you´re going to talk about it winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 22, 2010 12:16

Bono has the bad eye. He shakes Lady Di's hand, she dies. He shakes W-43's hand, the guy gets releected (so everyone could see Bush Jr was in fact a d!ck). He shakes Sarkozy's hand, the guy shrinks by 20 centimeters overnight.

And now this cascade of accidents. Bad luck, bad eye...

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 22, 2010 13:10

If the insurance companies will withdraw their coverage, then they could even cancel the shows.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 22, 2010 19:07

dcba
Bono has the bad eye. He shakes Lady Di's hand, she dies. He shakes W-43's hand, the guy gets releected (so everyone could see Bush Jr was in fact a d!ck). He shakes Sarkozy's hand, the guy shrinks by 20 centimeters overnight.

And now this cascade of accidents. Bad luck, bad eye...

Maybe you are the dick

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 22, 2010 19:21

michael cohl sure has some kharma !

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 22, 2010 19:31

I don't know if I'd ever see the show, if they manage to get the bugs ironed out, but one thing is for sure - if Cohl is losing his shirt on this show, the ticket prices won't go down for the next tour.

Best wishes to the maimed. A show isn't worth more injuries that could be career-ending.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: December 23, 2010 01:30

sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-23 05:33 by bustedtrousers.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 23, 2010 02:24

Bono...and W....holding hands...walking off into the sunset....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 23, 2010 12:50

The Australian ------------------------------- 23 December 2010

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: December 23, 2010 17:01

Plus, Mick sings with him and the next thing you know, he has a tiny todger.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 23, 2010 19:56

The next guy to play Spidey??

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home