Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: slightly OT: The Black Crowes go out on a Stones high
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 23, 2010 15:45

Koen,

Many live acts are selling CDRs of the shows only minutes after the last note.
You can leave the venue with your concert on USB drive or double CD with many bands now.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: December 23, 2010 16:03

mr edward
CousinC
B. Crowes is a great band.
Their only problem,- not having enough real good songs of their own.

Shake Your Moneymaker?
Southern Harmony & Musical Companion?
Amorica?
Three Snakes & One Charm?
Before the Frost...Untill The Freeze?

Enough good songs of their own, I'd say! The covers are the icing on the cake!

Anyhow, you said you'd like to hear them play Can't You Hear Me Knocking. Here you go!

Well, thanx for the tune!
I always liked the Crowes and they made some good albums.
But to my opinion they just don't have enough outstanding songs. Particularly on their last albums. Some may it see different . .

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 23, 2010 17:45

Last day is up too with all the Stones covers:

[itunes.apple.com]

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 23, 2010 18:34

Koen

[itunes.apple.com]

Got it! Amazing stuff! I wonder if there is a way of getting some better quality music, but for the time being these are the best 12 USD I've spent in ages!

C

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 23, 2010 19:26

liddas
Koen

[itunes.apple.com]

Got it! Amazing stuff! I wonder if there is a way of getting some better quality music, but for the time being these are the best 12 USD I've spent in ages!

C
Yeah I'm tempted to splurge and spent it myself.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: frankie ()
Date: December 23, 2010 19:52

Awesome!!!!!!!! if anyone can help me to get midnight rambler I'll be very gratefull. (just bought the stonessongs and waiting guilty.)

Date: December 23, 2010 20:15

If anyone listenes to this and is a stonesfan then says the black crowes suck simply isn't a stonesfan. Thanks to the Black Crowes for putting this in the itunes store.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 20:44

frankie
Awesome!!!!!!!! if anyone can help me to get midnight rambler I'll be very gratefull. (just bought the stonessongs and waiting guilty.)

Its on iTunes now, the last show at the Fillmore, December 19.

Date: December 23, 2010 20:59

I know, but I don't want the whole album, midnight rambler is full album only...

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: December 23, 2010 21:08

Downloading as we speak. They really know how to get that 70s Stones groove going. Now they're on hiatus maybe they can teach the Stones how to do it again

Date: December 23, 2010 21:10

It's only $12, and you'll get 23 songs, 6 of which are Stones' covers.

Date: December 24, 2010 17:34

Oke, downloaded the whole thing, great way to sell concerts.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 24, 2010 21:49

frankie
I know, but I don't want the whole album, midnight rambler is full album only...

Although it says "Album Only"---when you download the entire show..."Midnight Rambler" is indeed included along with the other ones they said were "Album Only."

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 25, 2010 02:26

Lifted from Dime :

The Black Crowes
The Fillmore
San Francisco, CA
December 19, 2010

01 intro
02 Remedy
03 Roll Old Jeremiah -> Jam
04 Whoa Mule
05 Thunderstorm 6:54 PM
06 No Expectations
07 Tornado
08 Oh Josephine
09 She Talks To Angels
10 Shine Along

Disc 2 (76:55)(2nd set - electric)

01 intro
02 Space Captain
03 My Morning Song ->
04 Stare It Cold ->
05 My Morning Song
06 Show Me
07 Seeing Things
08 God's Got It
09 Feathers
10 Soul Singing
11 Thorn In My Pride -> Jam ->
12 Midnight Rambler

Disc 3 (36:25)

01 encore break
02 Torn And Frayed
03 I Just Want To See His Face
04 Can't You Hear Me Knocking
05 The Last Time

Final show of the 2010 tour and the last show before what has been billed as an extended hiatus(we'll see about that). Best show of the 6 night Fillmore run, in my opinion. 6 Rolling Stones covers over the course of the show, including the entire 4 song encore

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-25 02:27 by dcba.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 25, 2010 07:26

Yeah I agree, best show of the run. A few bum notes, but totally live, no overdubs! Just full on balls to the wall rock and roll...oh and some great alt country too!

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: December 25, 2010 12:00

[www.dimeadozen.org]

[bt.etree.org]

a couple of alternative versions for you all to check out

Date: December 25, 2010 13:11

Just realize those torrent shows are audience tapings, the quality is not as good as the show on iTunes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-25 13:13 by Koen.

Date: December 25, 2010 13:16

Justin
frankie

Although it says "Album Only"---when you download the entire show..."Midnight Rambler" is indeed included along with the other ones they said were "Album Only."

yes when you download the entire show you get the songs listed as "entire show". "album only" means you can't download the tracks individually you must download the entire show

Date: December 25, 2010 13:28

Koen
Just realize those torrent shows are audience tapings, the quality is not as good as the show on iTunes.

thats why they are ''alternative''

Posted by: mpj105 ()
Date: December 25, 2010 15:14

Please,
can you post this?

God bless the Rolling Stones!

Date: December 25, 2010 15:43

Koen

OF course they are aud/amateur recordings. Otherwise Dime wouldn't allow them to be posted. .

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 26, 2010 21:20

liveatleeds

- just curious as to why there is idol worship of the BC on what I thought was a Stones board when I signed up

That would be like talking about Socrates without mentioning Plato.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: December 27, 2010 18:07

Out of curiosity I just got the 2010-12-19 six Stones tracks and I strongly doubt that (as some dared say this here) the BC cover the Stones better than the RS themselves.

These covers are an exercise in futility. Sure the notes played are the right ones, the tunings used are correct but when these tunes are compared to the originals IT HURTS.
CR's voice is as irritating as ever, the drummer has no swing in his wrists, the lead guitarist IS good but he must feel a bit lonely onstage...

Date: December 27, 2010 19:42

dcba
Out of curiosity I just got the 2010-12-19 six Stones tracks and I strongly doubt that (as some dared say this here) the BC cover the Stones better than the RS themselves.

These covers are an exercise in futility. Sure the notes played are the right ones, the tunings used are correct but when these tunes are compared to the originals IT HURTS.
CR's voice is as irritating as ever, the drummer has no swing in his wrists, the lead guitarist IS good but he must feel a bit lonely onstage...

I agree they do not play Stones songs better than the Stones,though I think they are pretty respectful,not trying to play note perfect, just different I like the Crowes very much and like the fact that they give homage to their influences.
I bought the 19th gig and the 15th and very good they are too.
If there was a way of getting Stones gigs as easy and painless as this I'd willingly buy them.

Date: December 27, 2010 20:25

dcba

yeah but compare them to most rolling stones LIVE versions and they are miles better

Posted by: liveatleeds ()
Date: December 29, 2010 09:09

If anyone listenes to this and is a stonesfan then says the black crowes suck simply isn't a stonesfan.

- are you saying you have to 'appreciate' black crowes covers of stones songs in order to be a stones fan? I've never heard anything so nutty. whether black crowes play stones covers at all, play them good or not has nothing to do with being a stones fan.

- this guy has it right. the drummer in black crowes is pretty good but has not got charlie's swing. no drummer does. it's all futile. so the black crowes love the stones and play their songs, a million bands do that. so they 'pay homage,' big deal. they'll never come close to the stones as a band, as a musical legend, as songwriters or as musicians. there are stones tribute bands out there like the blushing brides that play stones covers a hundred times better than black crowes could even dream of. all the black crowes adulation is a little bit much.

Date: December 29, 2010 13:09

I like both bands a lot. And even though the BC sometimes uses open tunings, I never thought they sound like the Stones and are a rip off. They're both very different bands with different musicians.

Date: December 29, 2010 17:52

sweet neo con
liveatleeds

- just curious as to why there is idol worship of the BC on what I thought was a Stones board when I signed up

That would be like talking about Socrates without mentioning Plato.

And it's like talking about Plato without mentioning Aristotle. winking smiley

Stones fans should be happy. Why do some feel so threatened by people's
admiration for another band......a band that pays homage to the Stones?????

Posted by: Alef ()
Date: December 29, 2010 19:29

When I download the album from Itunes, will I be able to play it on a non Apple device (e.g. Squeezebox) or is some sort of protection included in Itunes downloads?

Date: December 29, 2010 20:47

liveatleeds

- this guy has it right. the drummer in black crowes is pretty good but has not got charlie's swing. no drummer does. it's all futile. so the black crowes love the stones and play their songs, a million bands do that. so they 'pay homage,' big deal. they'll never come close to the stones as a band, as a musical legend, as songwriters or as musicians. there are stones tribute bands out there like the blushing brides that play stones covers a hundred times better than black crowes could even dream of.

you're fooling yourselves. the Black Crowes are as authentic as any rock band.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home