Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I hate it, she loves it, I love it, she hates it
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: December 18, 2010 22:55

My wife and I both love the Stones, but there are some songs I listen to over and over, and that she hates. There are also songs she loves to listen to frequently, but which I cannot stand. See how it works? If you do not have a spouse, just use your roommate or significant other.

I hate it, she loves it-Emotional Rescue

I love it, she hates it-Route 66

Merry Christmas!

Re: I hate it, she loves it, I love it, she hates it
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 18, 2010 23:09

The thread ought to get good when Marshall & Cupoflove logs on.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 18, 2010 23:16

They never come when ya call but sometimes a deaf dog can be ya best companian....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 18, 2010 23:17

flilflam
My wife and I both love the Stones, but there are some songs I listen to over and over, and that she hates. There are also songs she loves to listen to frequently, but which I cannot stand. See how it works? If you do not have a spouse, just use your roommate or significant other.

Merry Christmas!

Do these preferences tend to fall along Stones "era" lines?

You hate it, she loves it - Woody era
I love it, she hates it - Brian Jones era

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 18, 2010 23:30

Well...my wife only likes to listen to the "hits" She'd be 100% in favor of ONLY WARHORSES.

She calls me a "snob" because (if I had my choice) I'd prefer deeper album tracks.
(not that I don't like the hits...but you know what i mean)

I love it she hates it - lesser known album tracks.
she loves it i hate it - only the HITS.

This is true for all bands...not just the Stones.

also..curious.....was flilflam's username supposed to be flimflam??

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-18 23:32 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: December 18, 2010 23:37

Down in the hole : I LOVE it, but she HATES it. I give it a regular (real loud) spin tho....

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: December 19, 2010 00:06

My wife does not like the stones at all - however there is a couple of tracks that she will listen to,She likes Fool to Cry and Streets of Love - cant say these are my favourite stones songs,well not like Out of Control or Sympathy or Shelter - Im on my own when I play these tracks.No big deal though,she likes Bette Midler- I love the stones,works well for us.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: December 19, 2010 01:36

This is the story behind flilflam. I requested flimflam but the owner of this website changed it to flilflam, for security reasons. I do not understand this but the name does not really matter, does it? If I had it to do it all over again, I would have requested stonedagain. That has character.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 19, 2010 01:43

my wife actually likes SOL. it will be cited as a line item in the irreconciliable differences section when the paperwork is filed.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: December 19, 2010 02:08

Vocalion
Down in the hole : I LOVE it, but she HATES it. I give it a regular (real loud) spin tho....

Are you talking about music?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 19, 2010 03:25

StonesTod
my wife actually likes SOL. it will be cited as a line item in the irreconciliable differences section when the paperwork is filed.
smiling bouncing smiley
that ain't funny! yes it is...

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 19, 2010 03:28

flilflam
This is the story behind flilflam. I requested flimflam but the owner of this website changed it to flilflam, for security reasons. I do not understand this but the name does not really matter, does it? If I had it to do it all over again, I would have requested stonedagain. That has character.

thanks. just wondering.

is stonedagain already taken?? seems like i';ve seen it here before. maybe not.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: December 19, 2010 11:24

daniel t
Vocalion

Are you talking about music?

No, but the song is nice to.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 19, 2010 12:37

That will be the day when my wife even listens to Emotional Resque...In this house it's Robbie Williams when wife is choosing...eye popping smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: December 19, 2010 13:00

We both love One Hit (to the body)
But she also dislikes to be hit to the body if you see what I mean...

Let it rock!

Date: December 19, 2010 13:52

...WILD HORSES: I like it, she 'hates' it (well, not really... but she does dislike it.)

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2010 15:19

flilflam

Merry Christmas!

Wrong era.winking smiley

Merry XMas

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 19, 2010 16:15

You hating Emotional Rescue is normal. Sounds like a gendar thing. Her liking it is like going to a large buffet and just eating a salad. My wife hates Neighbors but so do I.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 19, 2010 19:28

I love both ROUTE 66 and EMOTIONAL RESCUE. So I'm coming over and moving in so at least one person there will be happy all the time. (Incidentally, I've been reading a bunch of these new/old John Lennon interviews published recently to mark the anniversary of his death, and just ran across John calling EMOTIONAL RESCUE "a beautiful song." )

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-19 19:33 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: December 19, 2010 19:56

My wife and I (both in our late 40s) love the Stones and see eye to eye on just about everything, but she hates -- HATES!!! -- Wild Horses and Angie. Not that I want to play WH every day, but I am still not sure exactly why she hates it so much.

&
She likes: Cherry Oh Baby.
I hate: Cherry Oh Baby.

We were emailing about Keith's solo stuff yesterday and she wrote:

"This is sacrilege, but I don't like Keith's solo stuff. The slow stuff is dreadful and the rock songs would be good if someone was singing. If I never heard any of it again, I doubt I'd miss it. He and Mick need each other, that's all there is to it. Neither of them can do anything really good without the other."

They do need each other, but jesus wtf ... I LOVE Keith's rockers, especially from Main Offender.
Raw guitars, sharp, cracking drums, rhythm to burn ... damn, what's not to like?

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: December 19, 2010 21:09

One day while driving and listening to Black and Blue, my girlfriend seemed very bored.

'Melody' came on and she suddenl'y turned to me and said "well, I like THIS one" and I seriously considered stopping the car and making her walk home.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: December 20, 2010 00:26

Here's a Great game you ca play that me and my mates like to do!!

we get a copy of 40 Licks, then get two stereos in the room and play the tracks in numerical number on the corresponding albums, Listen to 'em, and then pick whether we like CD1 or CD2 track the better.

Eg: Disc 1, track 1: Street Fighting Man V Disc 2, track 1: Start Me Up

Can lead to some disagreements but its all bout rock n roll. If you ain't got anything better to do on an evening (and lets be fair, most people have) give it a go.

We have a crackin night. course it helps if you have plenty to drink and smoke while you're doin it!

Go on, give it a go. Party on smileys with beer smoking smiley >grinning smiley<

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: December 20, 2010 08:43

Vocalion

maybe because "down in the hole" is not very delicate for a woman.
You see what I'm in ?
grinning smiley

Date: December 20, 2010 10:32

jpasc95
Vocalion

maybe because "down in the hole" is not very delicate for a woman.
You see what I'm in ?
grinning smiley

All my ex-girlfriends liked it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1755
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home