Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Countdown - between shows
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 16, 2012 00:28

Countdown is the story of my life. Ten days until tour start in London. Forty days until my next Kilimanjaro climb. In-between these dates several Stones shows, family celebrations, Christmas (for 24 hours) and lots of work, work, work.

Rather than having my comments on the new tour spread out on many different threads, I wanted to write in one place. So this will be my day-to-day story of what's on in Stonesland, as seen from my side. Feel free to comment. Please do not expect me to reply at all times. I do get massive amounts on e-mail every day, more than a hundred, both work and Stones, and I have to be selective. But I will give it a try and hopefully we can share some stories, ideas and may be even some secrets.

Today it is exactly one week since I was inside the Paris rehearsals, one of the lucky 32. I flew home to Norway the next morning, as the Stones flew off to New York. Their US trip gave me some breathing time. I reduced the amount of unread e-mail by 150. Even if I do read and handle most e-mail every day, the Paris backlog had become massive, like 250. Tuesday I went to see Keane in Oslo. Great show by the band I saw part of the bill when the Stones performed at Isle of Wight. But my mind was floating between Paris, London, work and family. Next day I was in London.

The video shoot today in London was great. I was afraid these guys might do a bad job, but they were serious. We were filmed on a side street next door to the place I stayed when I prepared for the Brixton Academy queue outside Virgin Megastore in July 1995. Knowing they are filming a hundred or so fans that came from IORR makes be believe they have many great stories for us to see as the band is about to go on stage next Sunday.

London is great! Fish & Chips, a pint of bitter, what more do you need really? Well family, friends and the Stones, of course. Stay tuned!

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-25 10:45 by bv.

Re: Countdown
Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: November 16, 2012 00:39

Life is a one big party.enjoy the ride while we can,STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE since 1968 for me.IT'S ONLY ROCK-ROLL BUT WE LIKE IT.
stones are going to rock london and newyork.

Date: November 16, 2012 00:41

How about a immenently short countdown to the banning of DoomNGloom?

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 16, 2012 01:04

Thanks Bjornulf. I am really looking forward to your accounts of your adventures. I shall enjoy these gigs vicariously!

Date: November 16, 2012 01:10

While we are on the subject, they sound just great. No worries. I have seen pictures of the stage setup. Next Sunday will be a day to remember!

Bjornulf

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 16, 2012 01:27

Thanks so far BV.....keep us informed

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 16, 2012 01:31

Yes and looking forward to seeing you again in London after the Paris bonanza! Glad to hear the stage looks good, can't wait to be in the thick of it...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-16 01:44 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 16, 2012 01:32

Thanks dude.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 16, 2012 03:38

Thanks Bv, looking forward to your updates.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 16, 2012 03:49

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

He'd just return under a new pseudonym pleading for one more shot.

Date: November 16, 2012 03:54

rebelrebel
Thanks Bjornulf. I am really looking forward to your accounts of your adventures. I shall enjoy these gigs vicariously!

My sentiments as well. I appreciate your enthusiasm BV...I see your passion and that it comes from a very good place. Thank you.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: November 16, 2012 03:56

Have an amazing time and thanks for the updates.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: November 16, 2012 05:24

BV...I have lurked on this board for many years (probably 10-12)...not much of a participant and have posted (albeit rarely) under another name I have since forgotten the password to. I get a kick out of it...both the good and bad and all the posters offer some form of entertainment and mostly sound knowledge. Nary a day has gone by that I have not at least checked in over those 12 years and as action happens with the band of course my visits also go up...the information obtained and stories shared have been nothing short of miraculous. Not sure why I feel the need to post this now but I just felt I owed it to you to personally thank you for your work with this board and your never ending passion (always positive) for my favourite band. You getting into that rehearsal and your subsequent recount was a definite highlight of my time spent on this board.

Cheers to everyone else and I hope to make the 12 hr drive south from New Brunswick Canada for at least one NJ show...although each passing day and each passing ticket drop makes it seemingly less possible.

.ps I wonder if maybe I actually met you on the ABB tour opener in Boston. Did you happen to be in the Stage seats, second tier, stage right?

Date: November 16, 2012 06:00

treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

He'd just return under a new pseudonym pleading for one more shot.

Ha ha ha ha ha! Good one.

Date: November 16, 2012 10:42

I thought about it the other day. I did never try out the On Stage tickets on the last tour. Don't know why really, may be because I want to be close up-front rather than above.

On this tour I think it is imporant not to be so hooked on being close up. Yes, I do admit I will be close, but on the other hand, to experience the stage and the way they have designed it, it would be a waste of the stage design if you do not see it from a distance.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 16, 2012 10:47

Thanks for the updates, look forward to meeting you on the 25th smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 16, 2012 14:16

bv
On this tour I think it is imporant not to be so hooked on being close up. Yes, I do admit I will be close, but on the other hand, to experience the stage and the way they have designed it, it would be a waste of the stage design if you do not see it from a distance.

That's interesting, I'll be in the pit on Sunday but almost feel like I'll be missing something now, maybe I should try to stick around for the 29th, or come back, or watch the PPV on the 15th! Decisions, decisions ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 16, 2012 14:19

treaclefingers
rebelrebel

My sentiments as well. I appreciate your enthusiasm BV...I see your passion and that it comes from a very good place. Thank you.

doomngloom's passion puts bv's to shame.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 16, 2012 21:37

Bloody Countdown...Thanks BV for your post. Bloody lat 30 seconds before they take the Stage and demonstrate that they are still..The Stones.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 16, 2012 21:39

Bud dum ba bud dum ba budderly bum... da.

(UK residents need only apply).

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: November 16, 2012 22:28

Bello!

Any IORR meeting/gathering before the Sunday show?
pilot Inn?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 16, 2012 22:29

Stonesvikings & Friends will be at the bar at St. Giles!

That's the place for stonesfans to party before the gig!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 16, 2012 22:33

Good idea Bjornulf. Nice thread

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 16, 2012 23:54

Just home from my first quick trip to London. Same distance as Paris from Oslo, but more direct flights per day to London, so it is safe to be home while the Stones take the week-end off. I will probably fly in & out of London a few more times. Will try to find a nice and central meeting place. May be in the Paddington area where there are lots of hotels. I want something different than St Giles which is more of a hotel bar than a pub, a real pub where they have great beers in their own glasses, nice seating areas and space.

Bjornulf

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 17, 2012 02:51

bv
Just home from my first quick trip to London. Same distance as Paris from Oslo, but more direct flights per day to London, so it is safe to be home while the Stones take the week-end off. I will probably fly in & out of London a few more times. Will try to find a nice and central meeting place. May be in the Paddington area where there are lots of hotels. I want something different than St Giles which is more of a hotel bar than a pub, a real pub where they have great beers in their own glasses, nice seating areas and space.

Sounds great! The Mrs. and I will be arriving from Philly on the 28th, so would love the chance to meet up and throw a few pints back.

Date: November 17, 2012 09:46

StonesTod
treaclefingers
rebelrebel

rod stewart outmaneuvers them all.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 17, 2012 10:12

treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
rebelrebel

rod stewart outmaneuvers them all.

Rod Stewart is a soft git.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 17, 2012 10:44

BV - any suggestion on where would be the best place to get a ticket. I still have not bought mine and was under the impression that the front rows would be the best. As you have seen the stage layout what would you recommend. Can you suggest any blocks?

Thanks

Silver Dagger

Date: November 17, 2012 11:24

I think any ticket below the middle would be fine. There is a large reseller who is ok if you don't have tickets:

[www.viagogo.co.uk]

Also I am sure there will be scalpers around, and probably tickets on show day at the box office, but you need a nerve to go there at 4pm show day without any ticket...

Bjornulf

Date: November 17, 2012 13:05

Hey BV, great to see you at the video shoot and enjoy a couple of beers afterwards. Just as well Malachy didn't ask you to name every show you have attended! Looking forward to hearing how you get on as the countdown continues.....

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home