Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
GRRR!--so sucessful in europe. WHY?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: November 22, 2012 20:32

No.1 in Germany, Austria, Ireland .Top three everywhere!.

So many of you said , that the "stones" would have no chance to enter the top ten with another greatest-hits-Album.

I am glad, you are wrong.

Think, a lot of "young-Ones" bought it. they want to hear their records from 1963-2012! --and why they are the greatest Rockn roll band.

The Album-cover with the APE with the stones-tongue is a "blickfang", sorry dont know the english word.

by the way--- I didnt bought GRRR --til now!

Re: GRRR!--so sucessful in europe. WHY?
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 22, 2012 20:33

The album cover is iconic.

I ain't joking.

The title is as well.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 22, 2012 20:46

GravityBoy
The album cover is iconic.

I ain't joking.

The Ape on title is really King Kong using a double. Don't be suprise if Godzilla is lurking for another Japanese concert tour himself, to put an end to the cocky acting Grrr Ape! It should one hell of a surprise!

Date: November 22, 2012 20:49

I have no idea why it is number 1??? I live in Germany and went to the CD store and it was a tough choice. I could have bought the new Tokio Hotel CD, The Best of Eurovision, or Deutschland Sucht Ein Superstar sensation Lena. Or I could have bought the same Stones songs I have already and have heard for 35 plus years,,,I bought The Stones songs,,it was such a tough call LOL

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 22, 2012 20:50

Answer to Gravity

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 22, 2012 20:51

Yes, of course it´s doing well. All the people on here saying ´we dont need another compilation´ etc ad nauseum...

It´s not for us. We have all these tunes in various formats/remixes/live versions etc.

It´s for other music fans (including some young ones) who want to get a good intro to a great band.

Great to hear there are so many people who want to get into the Stones

Date: November 22, 2012 21:02

georgelicks---am i wrong with the charts?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 22, 2012 21:02

Havo

So many of you said , that the "stones" would have no chance to enter the top ten with another greatest-hits-Album.

Think, a lot of "young-Ones" bought it. they want to hear their records from 1963-2012! --and why they are the greatest Rockn roll band.

The Album-cover with the APE with the stones-tongue is a "blickfang", sorry dont know the english word.

Eye-catch(er)ing...............ie Stands out in a crowd........

Date: November 22, 2012 21:11

Chris Fountain
Answer to Gravity

I don't know?

Anti-gravity?

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: November 22, 2012 21:19

It probably went to #1 because the stones are good and new bands are generally pretty gay.

Date: November 22, 2012 21:22

arthritis
It probably went to #1 because the stones are good and new bands are generally pretty gay.

Because it's the best compilation out there.

If you are new and want to get up to speed on one of the greatest rock and roll bands ever, this is it.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 22, 2012 21:23

Havo

Because theyve diversified. Hence the deal with Dressmann last year and now - also mainly for Europe a video with Noomi by Åkerlund. European market. New fans. Pretty clever.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 22, 2012 21:34

I love Doom and Gloom, but aside from sound of it, the subject matter might be resonating with people because of bankrupt economies. (And not just in Europe. The L.A. Times showed strikers at L.A. Airport yesterday tying up traffic in a "labor march," preventing air passengers from flying to their relatives for Thanksgiving. Doom and Gloom is getting a lot of airplay on L.A. radio. Lots of people missing flights because of a labor strike might be sitting in eternal traffic, hear Doom and Gloom come on the radio and think "No sh*t!" )

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 22, 2012 22:01

It's not even in the top 200 of Austrian iTunes charts so I think the "Young Ones" buying this is kind of wishful thinking (but funny enough Jump Back is on 153) - but Gravity hit the nail. It's the best compilation out there and there are more grown-ups than young ones winking smiley

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 22, 2012 22:41

It's a hit in Europe and a flop in the US debuting at #19.
It debuted at #3 in the UK selling 40,000 and only 30,000 in the US, a country with 4-5x the population of the UK.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 22, 2012 22:59

In the last years,US hasn't been a good place to sell Stones albums."ABB" sold only 550,000 in the US for a total amount of 3 millions all over the world.A new studio album was better...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 22, 2012 23:00

D&Gloom --- One More Shot best two tracks of the year ...
And well If ya don't believe me then tell me what is better....

VERY Clever marketing with cover and title ...
Cover stands out in record shops and GRRR easily remembered.. sticks in ya mind

ROCKMAN

Date: November 22, 2012 23:12

U.S is not a "Rolling stones" country! So, mick, keith, Charlie, ron, bill, m.T. take the next flight to Europe, there where you belong!

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 22, 2012 23:21

If it weren't for One Direction, who are as big as the Stones were in 1965, GRRR! would be #1 in Britain also.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: November 23, 2012 01:42

I bought my copy from amazon.de (ultra-cheap super deluxe), which I guess counts towards the German charts, so in a way I feel like the album reached #1 in "my" country...

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: November 23, 2012 22:09

blickfang = eye-catching

Posted by: ash ()
Date: November 24, 2012 00:09

Hi Rockman
i really like Doom and Gloom but best 2 tracks of the year ? You need to check out the Jim Jones Revue. i saw em 2 weeks ago in Bristol (uk) my ears were ringing for 2 days and they absolutely fing rock. check 'em out turn the volume up

they've got a new lp out and it's better than the stones can manage these days although in fairness these guys are only a mere 40 something and not 70 something.

Date: November 24, 2012 00:11

ash
Hi Rockman
i really like Doom and Gloom but best 2 tracks of the year ? You need to check out the Jim Jones Revue. i saw em 2 weeks ago in Bristol (uk) my ears were ringing for 2 days and they absolutely fing rock. check 'em out turn the volume up

they've got a new lp out and it's better than the stones can manage these days although in fairness these guys are only a mere 40 something and not 70 something.

Is that the guy from Thee Hypnotics?

Posted by: ash ()
Date: November 24, 2012 00:17

not sure but he was in one of them london/camden bands i think but he's gone down the jerry lee lewis meets the sonics in the 50s route and i for one say hell yeah

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: November 24, 2012 00:27

...N° 5 in France........

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: November 24, 2012 02:46

Rockman
D&Gloom --- One More Shot best two tracks of the year ...
And well If ya don't believe me then tell me what is better....

VERY Clever marketing with cover and title ...
Cover stands out in record shops and GRRR easily remembered.. sticks in ya mind

Rockman, I agree 100%.
The new tracks are great, the cover is great, the title is great, the Stones are great.
And a great time to be a Stones fan.
I still can't believe I'll be seeing these guys live on stage again in a couple of weeks. SWEET.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 24, 2012 03:15

GRRR!--so sucessful in europe. WHY?

Why Not?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: November 24, 2012 11:44

In The US nowadys you would need to cover some christmas songs like Rod (or Bob last year) and you would be full on. Even Aerosmiths new record was only debuting on 5 and dropped to something in 20ies after one week. And they do tour and Tyler did the TV-show.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 24, 2012 12:11

# 7 in DK

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: November 24, 2012 12:27

mailexile67
In the last years,US hasn't been a good place to sell Stones albums."ABB" sold only 550,000 in the US for a total amount of 3 millions all over the world.A new studio album was better...

I believe it was more than 4 million ABB sold in the rest of the world?
The reissue of Exile did well in the states right? And "Shine a light" made the top ten also right?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1720
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home