Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
General addmision at 02
Posted by: woody ()
Date: October 30, 2012 20:33

Hi I have been offered General addmision at 02 standing
Are these in the pit
thanks

Re: General addmision at 02
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: October 30, 2012 21:19

Yes they will be. Lucky you!

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: October 30, 2012 22:13

woody
zu
Hi I have been offered General addmision at 02 standing
Are these in the pit
thanks
Facevalue? Where are they available?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 30, 2012 22:25

How much ?? More than £400 and less than £420 is too much for me but a good price if you realy want one badly.If its less than £400 you got a bargain. smoking smiley

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: October 30, 2012 22:39

Desperate for a pair of these sad smiley

Date: October 31, 2012 11:56

Hi
They are from a private seller at £100 each, I am just sending payment I hope it's all good and not a rip off.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 31, 2012 12:19

woody
Hi
They are from a private seller at £100 each, I am just sending payment I hope it's all good and not a rip off.

Er Woody, I'm not being funny - but I think you're about to get ripped off. These pit tickets cost £406 at face value, and all you need to do is look on EBAY, SEATWAVE, GETMEIN, VIAGOGO, and MARK BUTLER ASSOCIATES (the VIP package people) to see what people are asking for them on the secondary ticketing market. There's barely one to be found at the moment for less than £1000 - yes that's ONE THOUSAND POUNDS !!

So if you're being offered two at £100 each, either someone is being unbelievably charitable, or you're about to be ripped off. My honest advice ... BEWARE !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 31, 2012 12:20

Erm...don't want to rain on your parade but when something sounds too good to be true...face value is £400/ticket and I don't believe they've been issued yet, DHL hasn't sent me mine at least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 12:27 by gotdablouse.

Date: October 31, 2012 12:25

gotdablouse
Erm...don't want to rain on your parade but something sounds too good to be true...face value is £400/ticket and I don't believe they've been issued yet, DHL hasn't sent me mine at least.

That's exactly what I've just told Woody also ....

Date: October 31, 2012 12:40

Yeah sorry I was on my iPhone and these thingies are great...except for typing quickly!

Date: October 31, 2012 16:29

Wonder why i*p*h*o*n*e gets scrambled like that by the forum software !

Woody can you repost here what you posted in the dropdown thread? I really hope we're wrong but I'm afraid you're in for a big disappointment on the night of the show. The only pit tickets anyone saw were in the £1180 VIP package and the FB pre-sale on the Thursday at £375. It would be quite extraordinary that some random guy would win two of these hot tickets at work.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 31, 2012 17:17

I hope for Woody's sake that this doesn't turn out to be a dodgy deal that proves the maxim of if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...

Date: October 31, 2012 17:18

gotdablouse
Wonder why i*p*h*o*n*e gets scrambled like that by the forum software !

Woody can you repost here what you posted in the dropdown thread? I really hope we're wrong but I'm afraid you're in for a big disappointment on the night of the show. The only pit tickets anyone saw were in the £1180 VIP package and the FB pre-sale on the Thursday at £375. It would be quite extraordinary that some random guy would win two of these hot tickets at work.

Yep, agreed. Please be careful Woody, but regardless .... good luck if you are pursuing this and taking this guy up on his offer.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: October 31, 2012 17:41

Am I wrong or is there a difference between General Admission Standing and Pit?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 31, 2012 17:43

As I was once trapped in such a scalper hole and lost £££ in 2003 because of being to silly and trustful and would never every buy anyhting outside trustworthy payments like paypal or real ticketagents etc.
So I regret but I can't believe that Woody will see a ticket or his bucks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 17:54 by Grison.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:01

Promoman
Am I wrong or is there a difference between General Admission Standing and Pit?

There isnt in this case. The floor is all seated apart from the 'pit' area which will be inside the tongue stage.

Date: October 31, 2012 18:05

Grison
As I was once trapped in such a scalper hole and lost £££ in 2003 because of being to silly and trustful and would never every buy anyhting outside trustworthy payments like paypal or real ticketagents etc.

I've only ever once been swindled, and it was for Tom Petty tickets at the Royal Albert Hall. I bought them off E-bay, paid using PayPal. Everything seemed OK, until after a week or so - inspite of emailing the seller a couple of times - I never got a response to my mails and I also never got a copy of the original ticket purchase confirmation that they promised they'd send me. I then left the issue for a couple of months, because I wqas overseas. When I got home, there was nothing in the post, no tickets, and of course I'd still never had that email confirmation from them. That was when I started to get worried. I fired off about 20 emails to the seller, basicallyy saying that it was obvious they were scammers, and eventually one of those mails yielded a reply - which basically said that I was a horrible person saying horrible things, and they wanted nothing more to do with me and would refund the payment through PayPal. Needless to say they didn't do that either, so that was when I was obliged to file a claim through PayPal for a refund. with help from my bank, I did eventually get the money back.

What a pain in the ass the whole fiasco was. The ultimate irony was that come the date of the gig, I wasn't in the country at the time, so I couldn't have attended anyway !!

Date: October 31, 2012 18:08

paulywaul
Grison

I've only ever once been swindled, and it was for Tom Petty tickets at the Royal Albert Hall. I bought them off E-bay, paid using PayPal. Everything seemed OK, until after a week or so - inspite of emailing the seller a couple of times - I never got a response to my mails and I also never got a copy of the original ticket purchase confirmation that they promised they'd send me. I then left the issue for a couple of months, because I wqas overseas. When I got home, there was nothing in the post, no tickets, and of course I'd still never had that email confirmation from them. That was when I started to get worried. I fired off about 20 emails to the seller, basicallyy saying that it was obvious they were scammers, and eventually one of those mails yielded a reply - which basically said that I was a horrible person saying horrible things, and they wanted nothing more to do with me and would refund the payment through PayPal. Needless to say they didn't do that either, so that was when I was obliged to file a claim through PayPal for a refund. with help from my bank, I did eventually get the money back.

What a pain in the ass the whole fiasco was. The ultimate irony was that come the date of the gig, I wasn't in the country at the time, so I couldn't have attended anyway !!

I hope you e-mailed them back afterwards and apologised for the inconvenience and for wasting their time! You horrible person! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 31, 2012 18:54

Hi Guys and gals
I have taken the plunge and paid the deposit and plan to meet up locally on friday.
I am wary of course, I will have a good look at the tickets and if they look good I will purchase, that's the chance I am taking.Any tips on how I can tell if they are real ? apart from looking for hologram, embossed printing etc?
Thanks for all your help.
woody

Date: October 31, 2012 18:59

Has anyone actually received tickets yet for these shows?

TM UK dont normally send them out until about 1-2 weeks beforehand.

If theyve been 'won' then it could be different, of course.

Date: October 31, 2012 19:02

Well again, no one's seen these tickets yet so that's another reason for concern, I wonder what he's going to show you on Friday...you should probably bring someone along and make sure it's not a dodgy area.

How did you find that guy in the first place?

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:05

I purchased tickets through ticketmaster and evenim, haven't received yet. They both usually send out email or text when they send.

I think some people could purchase e-ticket.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:13

woody
Hi Guys and gals
I have taken the plunge and paid the deposit and plan to meet up locally on friday.
I am wary of course, I will have a good look at the tickets and if they look good I will purchase, that's the chance I am taking.Any tips on how I can tell if they are real ? apart from looking for hologram, embossed printing etc?
Thanks for all your help.
woody

I got ripped off when I bought fake ones in Vegas for the Stones at the Hard Rock in 1998. The tickets looked legit and I could not see any difference but I gather the blue on the ticket was a slightly different shade than the real ones. Not only id I get ripped off for $1000 + but the security took me and the mrs to a room where the police interogated us for 40 minutes and threatened to arrest us for possessing counterfeit property. This was a very stressful situation to say the least!

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:24

Gazza

No they haven't been printed yet. You can check it for eventim here if the tickets have been dispatched:
[www.eventim.co.uk]

Date: October 31, 2012 19:48

Thanks for the link, no Stones on that list so no dispatch indeed, now why did no one tell me about the 10CC concerts on the "9, 10, 16, 24, 28" of November ! Maybe I should get to London on the 24th after all ;-)

Date: November 3, 2012 13:41

@woody - So how did it go yesterday ?

Date: November 3, 2012 19:15

Gazza

Nope, not yet ... nothing in the post to date. I'd think they'd start mailing them out by next week, week starting Monday 5th ? Or failing that, surely by the beginning of the following, week starting Monday 12th ?

Date: November 3, 2012 19:15

gotdablouse
@woody - So how did it go yesterday ?

Yeah, I'm curious too

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: November 3, 2012 21:51

Hi Woody,

I hope it is not a person called Luke from a certain internet 'company' in Manchester you replied to? I gave it up when a dubious payment info arrived. Its a fake

The trick was they said to have received Pit Tix from seentickets foe free and now want to sell them because below face they also received others and they want to stay below too high ticket prices.

Woody, if that was your story try to recall the money!

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: November 5, 2012 06:15

Any update on this Woody?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home