Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Magic Alex sculptures on Rolling Stones Stage 1967
Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: December 11, 2010 12:36

In an article (Independent, May 2nd 2004) i read that the Rolling Stones used "kinetic light sculptures" on stage during the 60´s LIVE performances & concerts.

are there any photos of it circling around?

Maybe one of you could help - it would be fantastic!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-11 12:49 by FoolToCry.

Re: Magic Alex sculptures on Rolling Stones Stage 1967
Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: December 11, 2010 20:45

no one?confused smiley

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: December 11, 2010 21:55

It's been mentioned in a few books that Magic Alex and John Dunbar concocted some sort of light show for the 1967 tour. I've never seen a picture of it nor has it been described in detail as to what it actually looked like. One book described it as the lights changing with the intensity of the music (sounds like a Magic Alex idea) and that it was a hit-and-miss affair and the band weren't too crazy about it. I have no idea if it was a overhead rig or just some sort of onstage light show

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 11, 2010 22:44

There's some footage from the 67 Euro tour...Poland I think but I don't think you can see evidence of Pink Floyd like psychedelic lights.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 12, 2010 20:16

Dunbar worked with Mardas on the “psychedelic light box” for The Rolling Stones' three-week tour of Europe in 1967, although they were not impressed with the results.

[en.wikipedia.org]

No photos,sorry .

"INVENTIONS"
Mardas also counters other allegations made over the years. For instance, the following "inventions" have wrongly been associated with his work at Apple Electronics, all of which Mardas denies having ever promised nor discussed, let alone tried to invent:
1. an X-ray camera which could see through walls
2. a force field which would surround a building with coloured air so that no one could see in
3. a force field of compressed air which could stop anyone driving into one's car
4. a house which could hover in the air suspended on an invisible beam
5. wall paper which could plug into a stereo system and operate as a "loudspeaker"
6. an artificial sun which was intended to hover over Baker Street and light up the sky during the gala opening of the Beatles clothes shop, the "Apple Boutique" on 4th December 1967.
7. Magic paint which would make objects it was painted on invisible
8. Electrical paint which could be plugged into a wall and would light up the room
9. A flying saucer made from the V12 engines from George Harrison's Ferrari and John Lennon's Rolls Royce
10. A force field around Ringo Starr's drums that would isolate the drum sounds from the rest of the microphones in the studio.
In this connection, Mardas said that he once had a discussion with John Lennon about this topic. Mardas said that it was possible, theoretically, to create an ultrasonic barrier generated by ultrasonic transfusers. This would prevent sound travelling over a certain field. Mardas claims that he never suggested that he would make such a barrier.

[wogew.blogspot.com]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: January 14, 2017 13:16

Are these Kinetic lights or Kinetic arts? I am not sure.
Anyway, Magic Alex went to another world yesterday.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 14, 2017 19:48

Those are sets by studios.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home