Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
According to RS - Taylor and Wyman confirmed - plus more startling revelations
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: October 24, 2012 16:49

the mag is breaking some news to be sure - [www.rollingstone.com]

remember when I posted that the tour was delayed a year because of LIFE - the bu--sh--t that it caused? It is confirmed here - another reason for me to hate that silly book

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 18:46 by hbwriter.

Re: Taylor and Wyman confirmed
Date: October 24, 2012 16:50

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 24, 2012 16:54

Damn. Lots of revelations in that article.

Hey, I wonder why Bobby's book didn't cause any bad blood

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 24, 2012 16:57

The article only says they are expected to play, so still no done deal (tm) ?

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: October 24, 2012 17:00

they're playing

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: October 24, 2012 17:37

Great article thanks for the link.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 24, 2012 17:43

I think the worst revelation in that article concerns Charlie's back. Well, it is 'only' Ronnie there bigmouthing, but still...

(And Keith comes out as a total moron - is Jane Rose losing her touch?)

- Doxca

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: October 24, 2012 17:53

Doxa

- Doxca

I thought Life was his public coming out as a moron.

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: October 24, 2012 17:57

One of the most telling articles from last months. A LOT of information.
Keith did apologize in person to Mick.
Keith was really f...ed up with booze on the last tour.
He was a nightmare to play with
He is playing better now
Ronnie wasn´t that sober.
Ronnie IS sober now
Charlie´s back is hurting....
¿Mick? ther is never any trouble wiyh him....GENIUS

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 24, 2012 18:01

Hopefully Bill Wyman will wear some nice clothes for the show.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 24, 2012 18:03

I think there should be a thread of its own to discuss this article - even though the 'news' in it ´might be Taylor and Wood's "confirmation", we have now two threads devoted into that where this article is discussed. But there is a lot of other things in the piece as well. Or you could 'enrich' the title a bit, hbwriter?

A general remark: none of them come out very good, and I guess all it is "on with the show", with the idea of 'let's give people what they want'. But a question arises if this 'show' - remarks like that - is really so entertaining any longer? To me it is basically embarrassing, as DandelionPowderman pointed out in the other thread. Well, the positive thing tis that we don't need Spinal Tap any longer, since we have a real one doing the stuff better...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 18:07 by Doxa.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 24, 2012 18:07

Doxa
Well, positive thing that We don't need Spinal Tap any longer, since we have a real one doing the stuff better...

haha! perfect....

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 24, 2012 18:11

Doxa
I think the worst revelation in that article concerns Charlie's back. Well, it is 'only' Ronnie there bigmouthing, but still...

- Doxca

Lord, I'm tired of Richards endless bs. He is lost in his own image completely and does not understand that his efforts to save face look pathetic. You screwed up so have the balls honestly admit it
 'Look forward, brother, look forward.' - says the man who took the trouble to air the dirty laundry of 50 years ago(I know that the check was too big to refuse)

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 24, 2012 18:23

wow. Yes, quite an article. Stones actually being candid. I for one am relieved to hear that Keith's sloppy playing in 2006 & 2007 was due to drinking.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 24, 2012 18:39

It's really hard to like Keith.

He needs to shut up.

Re: Taylor and Wyman confirmed - plus more startling revelations in new RS piece
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 24, 2012 18:43

Surprisingly honest statements. They admit openly that KR played terrible in 2007. Keith comes out as an idiot. Putting out a bad book, saying sorry, and in the end he has to admit that Mick is the better guitarist by now. His "I taught him everything" is so pathetic, one wonders how much deeper he can sink.

Re: Taylor and Wyman confirmed - plus more startling revelations in new RS piece
Date: October 24, 2012 18:45

windmelody
one wonders how much deeper he can sink.

it's the primary reason we're all still here, right?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 24, 2012 18:49

StonesTod
windmelody

It is a bit like watching a car crash.

Date: October 24, 2012 18:51

GravityBoy
StonesTod
windmelody

It is a bit like watching a car crash.

i'm reminded of one of my fave george carlin's quips regarding car-crash rubberneckers: "i slowed down to ask the policeman if he could bring that body a little closer, cos my wife has never seen one in a position quite like that."

...something like that....

Date: October 24, 2012 18:53

GumbootCloggeroo

Bring back the banana suit Bill!!

Date: October 24, 2012 18:54

Munichhilton
GumbootCloggeroo

that has a peel to me

Re: According to RS - Taylor and Wyman confirmed - plus more startling revelations
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 24, 2012 18:57

What world are these people living in?,btw the $800+ tickets are not the best..>grinning smiley<
The band shrugs off grumbling about the $800-plus it's charging for the best tickets. "As Keith said, 'Sounds about right,'" says Wood. "I'd pay it! We already spent, like, a million on rehearsing, and we're not even halfway through. And the stage is going to cost millions and millions."

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: October 24, 2012 18:59

StonesTod
Munichhilton
GumbootCloggeroo

that has a peel to me

This really would work well.
Bill's playing away in his banana suit, and when its time for Darryl to return, a large inflatable Grrrr comes over and consumes Bill. Out walks Darryl!

They love inflatables...

Re: According to RS - Taylor and Wyman confirmed - plus more startling revelations
Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: October 24, 2012 19:00

the part where Keith says he would apologize to god...he don't give a shit sounds like the the apology wasn't real...just something he had to do to get the show on the road. IMO,thats weak.

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 24, 2012 19:03

ROPENI
What world are these people living in?,btw the $800+ tickets are not the best..>grinning smiley<
The band shrugs off grumbling about the $800-plus it's charging for the best tickets. "As Keith said, 'Sounds about right,'" says Wood. "I'd pay it! We already spent, like, a million on rehearsing, and we're not even halfway through. And the stage is going to cost millions and millions."

The $800 seats are the MIDDLING ones. The front third of the house appears to be going to the Gold, Silver and Bronze "fans."

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 24, 2012 19:08

R
ROPENI

The $800 seats are the MIDDLING ones. The front third of the house appears to be going to the Gold, Silver and Bronze "fans."
Indeed, as usual Keith is in "Another Land" totally out of touch with reality..sad smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: October 24, 2012 19:10

thanks for link hb.

One might apologize for a personal argument, an impulsive Twitter post, etc., but apogolizing for statements made in a published book—considering the deliberation, writing and publishing that a book requires—just rings hollow.

Anyhow, proves that money can buy a whole lot of amnesia. "Do it for the kids" = line the coffers for future generations. And really, who wouldn't? Would the art match the moneymaking...

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 24, 2012 19:10

Keith and Ronnie clearly live in worlds of their own...so unaware of the rest of us "seat-fillers" aka potential ticket buyers.

We know that Jane Rose is a hard-working woman but apparently doesn't have the guts to sit Keith down and get real with him.

Wish ProudMary could sit down with them and ask a few tough questions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 19:15 by stonesrule.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: October 24, 2012 19:14

what costs 'millions' to rehearse songs they've played a zillion times and everyone is sick of??...

I don't know who the bigger idiot is...Keith or Ron....

Sorry about Charlie though...this pretty much rules out an extensive tour...as nature is taking it's course...

i bet Keith didn't play a note on that new song...and all Ronnie did was 'spice it up' like he did on the last album...heartless doddling over mediocre songs...

Them as a 'creative unit' is deadsville...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 24, 2012 19:16

you know..Jagger makes all the sense in the world...he does not want to let the Stones drop...if it wasn't for him, the rest of them would be doing whatever..Keith would be speaking at libraries...Charlie would be playing brushes with piano trios..Ronnie would be on a book/art tour..

but Mick wants to try another album. bless him

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2141
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home