Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Discuss please: O2 Pru, no opening act, so two sets? with an intermission? is that workable? maybe even preferable?
Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 26, 2012 11:56

Just thinking out loud, thinking about no opening act, and how old they are, and
how old their audience is...

Would it work better to have two sets? about 12 songs each? with an intermission
of 40 minutes or so? Grab a beer, take a wee, have a smoke...

The Newark shows are advertised as 845p to 1145p, with the Stones supposedly
taking the stage promptly. Is three hours straight a good idea for anybody at
this point? I don't want to see the Pit become the Pit of Hell.

On the pay-per-view, during the intermission, they could peddle merchandise and
do some backstage stuff...

(And I don't mean to make this just an endurance question. I also want to make
it an excitement question. Two rounds of hot sex, instead of just one long
leisurely one, know what I mean?)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-26 14:03 by superrevvy.

Re: Discuss please: O2 Pru, no opening act, so two sets? with an intermission? is that workable?
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 26, 2012 12:04

I'm not old, the Stones are not old. As soon as the old farts in the pit vanish in the air, you bet the floor of the 02 will be some kind of GA ... (Remember Rome 2007). With these prices, there are no rules!

C

Re: Discuss please: O2 Pru, no opening act, so two sets? with an intermission? is that workable?
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 26, 2012 13:16

To play 3 hours with an intermission sounds actually quite reasonable. Except of the fact that the break kind of kills the excitement for a while and it might take some time to get it back after the break.

Roger Waters was doing it that way and it worked, but the intermission was logical - In the middle of The Wall, and on his previous tour it was in between the regular set and The Dark Side Of The Moon part. And well, RW shows are not rock shows in the way The RS shows are.

When it comes to the ability of The Stones to play for 3 hours with an intermission, I can not see it as a problem, Charlie's ABC&D gigs last pretty much that long and it is just as physically demanding as drumming with the Stones. If Mick would not be able to run for that long, he just wouldn't have to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-26 15:28 by Happy24.

Date: October 26, 2012 13:23

liddas
I'm not old, the Stones are not old. As soon as the old farts in the pit vanish in the air, you bet the floor of the 02 will be some kind of GA ... (Remember Rome 2007). With these prices, there are no rules!

C

thumbs up

Re: Discuss please: O2 Pru, no opening act, so two sets? with an intermission? is that workable? maybe even preferable?
Date: October 26, 2012 13:39

I didn't mean to make this just an endurance question. I also wanted to make
leisurely one, know what I mean?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-26 13:40 by superrevvy.

Re: Discuss please: O2 Pru, no opening act, so two sets? with an intermission? is that workable? maybe even preferable?
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 26, 2012 13:55

"Discuss please"

Of course, this is a forum, what else do we do here thumbs up

Date: October 26, 2012 14:00

Koen
"Discuss please"

Of course, this is a forum, what else do we do here

I ain't too proud to beg

sweet darling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-26 14:11 by superrevvy.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 26, 2012 15:16

superrevvy
I didn't mean to make this just an endurance question. I also wanted to make
leisurely one, know what I mean?

Gordon Sumner might disagree with you on that one.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 26, 2012 15:29

superrevvy
Just thinking out loud, thinking about no opening act, and how old they are, and
how old their audience is...

Would it work better to have two sets? about 12 songs each? with an intermission
of 40 minutes or so? Grab a beer, take a wee, have a smoke...

The Newark shows are advertised as 845p to 1145p, with the Stones supposedly
taking the stage promptly. Is three hours straight a good idea for anybody at
this point? I don't want to see the Pit become the Pit of Hell.

On the pay-per-view, during the intermission, they could peddle merchandise and
do some backstage stuff...

Longer shows. More music. Better level of performance. More chance from their perspective to peddle overpriced tat = all good.

I'd suspect though the motivation to do away with the opening act at these four shows is primarily a cost cutting venture, though. I'd expect there to be opening acts on a proper tour.

I'd seriously doubt you'll get the Stones playing anywhere near three hours though. You'll be lucky if you get two. Maybe the PPV show will be longer if there's something akin to a superstar guest appearance bunfight going on.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: October 26, 2012 18:59

I think these shows will be quite good. Reports from last night's Paris gig are encouraging... The band appears to be in good form, and without the night-after-night demand on the band and travel, etc, to worry about, these gigs should allow them to focus and be in top form, as much as is possible these days. Lots of songs, MT and BW guest on a few, sounds like fun. Wish I could afford to go! I would love the PPV show to play in movie theaters....

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 26, 2012 19:04

I would be quite suprised if they were to do the intermission thing.

This ain't Broadway baby!

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: October 26, 2012 20:14

lettingitbleed
I would be quite suprised if they were to do the intermission thing.

This ain't Broadway baby!
I have been to several shows where there is opeing act and an intermisssion. The Eagles, Roger Waters ( The Wall and DSOTM tours), The Moody Blues.I think it's a good idea. Possibly add a couple fo songs to the set list.

Date: October 26, 2012 20:34

superrevvy

Think of it this way: Sort of like seeing TWO Stones shows...

For the price of four.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-26 20:38 by superrevvy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home