Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones to start recording new album in December or January. Tour in 2011 confirmed.
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 8, 2010 14:49

Keith confirms new album and tour in 2011. I know its old news but it is recently quoted.

[Stones new album]

Re: Stones to start recording new album in December or January. Tour in 2011 confirmed.
Posted by: basti ()
Date: December 8, 2010 15:30

So we can do a rumor list smiling smiley

European

Amsterdam

Re: Stones to start recording new album in December or January. Tour in 2011 confirmed.
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 8, 2010 15:37

So it was 'confirmed' before they had a meeting to decide on it? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: December 8, 2010 15:40

"Yesterday's papers telling yesterday's news."

PS: [The news begins with: "UPDATE: A spokesperson for the band says there are \"no concrete plans\" for a tour or album next year."]

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 8, 2010 15:42

if you read the very first line of the article you posted:

"UPDATE: A spokesperson for the band says there are "no concrete plans" for a tour or album next year."

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 8, 2010 15:45

Wishful Thinking,IMO.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 8, 2010 15:49

It's a done deal then?

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: December 8, 2010 15:55

Again old newsangry smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 8, 2010 16:09

keep dreaming.
jeroen

Date: December 8, 2010 16:11

Maybe it's a confirmed done deal then?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 8, 2010 16:26

dead.flowers
"Yesterday's papers telling yesterday's news."

PS: [The news begins with: "UPDATE: A spokesperson for the band says there are \"no concrete plans\" for a tour or album next year."]

If they hadn't added the Update bit they would have gotten an error message:

Sorry, the the message you are trying to post has already been published!

or if it was a forum, another user would have posted the original link.

...and these lazy bastards of journos get payed to fill some blanks - sheesh! eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-08 16:27 by open-g.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 8, 2010 16:27

Once again, Keith talking out of his ass,the one that will decide if and when the band will tour is Mick Jagger,after M.Cohl offers them x amount of money,the rest will be told what the plans ,money,dates,etc,are, and then it will done.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: December 8, 2010 16:41

Lorenz

"UPDATE: A spokesperson for the band says there are "no concrete plans" for a tour or album next year."

I did see that but from my point of view, the spokesperson was not named and Keith was quoted inside the article. I take Keith's word over an "unnamed spokesman"

BTW, I think Keith can speak for himself and the band before a publicist.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 8, 2010 16:57

...about the new album, i'm very curious to see if they'll work on new stuff or songs taken from previous sessions.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 8, 2010 17:38

The Sicilian
Lorenz

I did see that but from my point of view, the spokesperson was not named and Keith was quoted inside the article. I take Keith's word over an "unnamed spokesman"

BTW, I think Keith can speak for himself and the band before a publicist.

Keith can speak for himself. But that doesn't mean it's official. He's been saying essesntialy the same thing at every interview. It's now December and their is no recording going on and Ronnie has been qouted as saying he wants to tour with The Faces from January to April next year. So in other words,nothing is confirmed.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 8, 2010 17:43

Date: December 8, 2010 17:49

December just started, my take is that Keith and Mick are going to get together and start the sessions. Ron Wood does not need to be in the studio or wherever to add his parts at that time. If the band called, the Faces would have one less ear.

A Faces tour from January to April would seem to fit into a Stones schedule. Their tour probably won't even begin until summer at the earliest.

In this music business, as you know, news gets leaked out little by little. Its safe to say Mick and Keith know exactly what they are doing and when.

Date: December 8, 2010 18:19

Why are they still stuck in that pattern with autumn tourstarts in North America and summertour in Europe the next year? What are the pros and cons with that? Personally, living in Europe, I would prefer it the other way around. An autumn indoor-arena tour in Europe would suit me just fine. I'm not so fond of giant stadium-concerts as they tend to be more of big happenings than really enjoyable concerts.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 8, 2010 18:26

Unfortunately the Stones dont care for your (quite laudable) sentiments. as Randy Newman said, 'its money that matters'.

Stadium acts cant really play Europe at any other time than the summer.

Besides, the Stones wont have performed in the US for five years by the time they go on the road (and even then, the final leg played a lot of B and C markets, so a lot of the US fans hadnt seen the band since spring 2006). They last toured Europe in 2007. So, the US is a 'fresher' market.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 8, 2010 18:36

From the news:

2009, May 27: Stones solo works and more to come soon
Ronnie has been recording solo stuff in Los Angeles this winter, Mick has been actice recording in LA as well recently, and Keith has been doing stuff in New York City. Charlie is guest playing at shows in London this spring, and Stones backup musicians are warming up as well. Rumours are they are getting ready for a world tour, to be announced some time later this year.

Sep 3,2009: Keith Richards studio works
Keith has been recording a couple of tracks with Jack White recently. Now the next project for Keith is studio works with the Rolling Stones. If Keith Richards has his way, the Rolling Stones will start working on a new record next year. “I’m trying "One way or another, I’ll get them back in line.", Keith
says.

January 5,2010 BV: "And just for the record... The Stones are in fact working on booking venues for their next tour. I know. I just don't have the dates now. It might be this year, it might be later. All I know is they work on it, and they do have stuff canned. No worries."

Keith: "After these many years working together, we have a lot of unfinished stuff to work on that we had to leave off the last album," he said. "And knowing Mick [Jagger], as I do, he's a very prolific writer. I have ideas [too] and we'll put them together in December or January. We're looking forward to working."

....i think they have many stuff to start working!

Date: December 8, 2010 19:05

The Sicilian
December just started, my take is that Keith and Mick are going to get together and start the sessions. Ron Wood does not need to be in the studio or wherever to add his parts at that time. If the band called, the Faces would have one less ear.

A Faces tour from January to April would seem to fit into a Stones schedule. Their tour probably won't even begin until summer at the earliest.

In this music business, as you know, news gets leaked out little by little. Its safe to say Mick and Keith know exactly what they are doing and when.
Just keep watching the Sabres lose and we'll let you know when a Stones tour starts.winking smiley

Posted by: redrum ()
Date: December 8, 2010 21:57

Perhaps (probably) this was posted elsewhere, but a Ronnie Wood interview appears in the current(or very recent) US magazine "Guitar World" (one cover has Lennon on cover, other McCartney...both have identical content). In it, Wood says that band meeting was scheduled for December 2010.

Based on the recent past (30+ years in the case of the Stones), I would not expect them to enter the studios in December, a time that is usually reserved for family. Even during years of band activity, December is pretty much a month off. But all indications are that some new material or a dip into the vaults is indeed on their agenda, most likely in early 2011.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: December 8, 2010 22:16

I think it is Stonesnews.com that is reporting a rumor that the Stones were in London for the summit meeting yesterday and could begin rehearsals in March. Of course anyone can report a rumor, or start one for that matter.

Keith's word works for me over any so called spokesperson. It was right around Halloween that Keith more or less informed us what was to come, however, as always, time will have the final word.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 9, 2010 00:30

I won't believe it until mickscarey tells us so!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-09 00:31 by Deltics.

Date: December 9, 2010 00:59

Deltics
I won't believe it until mickscarey tells us so!
Done Deal.tongue sticking out smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: December 9, 2010 01:21

I really hope they don't go back to crap that was left off of A Bigger Bang, etc. They need to lock each other in a room and go back to the nitty gritty blues. It's pretty sad when a cover of I'm a King Bee by some teenagers (1960's Stones) is a million times better than anything written for A Bigger Bang by experienced musicians (post-1981 Stones).

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 9, 2010 01:23

I heard the tour was now a Concept, but they are looking for funding to turn it into an Idea.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 9, 2010 01:32

I will believe it when wiki leaks says so, everything else is spin.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 9, 2010 04:14

its has to happen in 11-12 to go with the 50th, if not then when? they are not in their late 20s they are in their late 60s i mean cmon, its getting to the point of no return , a new album is pointless IMO just do a licks type deal and get on with it

Date: December 9, 2010 14:21

melillo
its has to happen in 11-12 to go with the 50th, if not then when? they are not in their late 20s they are in their late 60s i mean cmon, its getting to the point of no return , a new album is pointless IMO just do a licks type deal and get on with it

I'd love to see them really work hard to put out some new material. I might even like it 10 years from now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home