Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - WikiLeaks Julian Assange: Hero or Villain?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 7, 2010 23:59

Hoping BV allows some conversation on this: It is a huge world wide story.

[Assange denied bail]

Re: OT - WikiLeaks Julian Assange: Hero or Villain?
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 8, 2010 00:00

mainly a hero

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 8, 2010 00:15

I don't know enough about what he's jailed for to comment, but if he was spilling secrets about China or Russia, he'd be dead already.

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: December 8, 2010 00:20

HERO, no question. I'm waiting for the "Bank of America" stuff he's got on them, I HATE B of A....They've really screwed me in the past - nothing but SUPER GREEDY thieves and pirates with way too much power....

The USA should do a better job at keeping their classified papers classified.... that's THEIR responsibility, no one else's....

Posted by: Damon ()
Date: December 8, 2010 00:27

I don't think he is a hero especially the way he went about it.

Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: December 8, 2010 00:47

I'm much more in favour of what WikiLeaks is doing than against it, although I'd need to spend much, much longer studying the the whole matter to say a lot more than that.

This (from someone who has spent much, much longer studying the whole matter) seems pretty convincing to me, though:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-08 00:57 by Squiggle.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: December 8, 2010 01:20

Neither, just a mischievous irresponsible troublemaker. People will take sides on this but I think both good and bad will come from this.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 8, 2010 01:33

He's a journalistic hero. He's doing what all decent journalists are supposed to do: expose those in power. His privatlife is not my business. I do recognize the danger with Wikileaks though.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: December 8, 2010 01:34

I know he's being accused of sex crimes, and if he's guilty then he needs to do his time...but about wikileaks, I'm on his side. And he's taking the fall. Alone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-08 01:36 by stones78.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 8, 2010 02:04

He was arrested for rape and other sex crimes against underage girls,nothing to do with the documents,IF he is guilty of the sex charges,then screw him and let him rot in jail,the leaked documents is another story.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: December 8, 2010 02:16

Edith Grove
I don't know enough about what he's jailed for to comment, but if he was spilling secrets about China or Russia, he'd be dead already.

Um, he did spill secrets about China:

Top Chinese officials led Google hacking: WikiLeaks

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 8, 2010 02:25

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: December 8, 2010 02:29

Receiving Stolen goods is much less of a crime than stealing goods in my book, Julian was just doing what he does, the American who stole and passed on the classified info is the villain to me (and I'm sure a hero to some). Although I disapprove of what Julian did with wikileaks, the sex crimes seem like a big crock of shit. He turned himself into a celebrity and is now reaping the darker rewards of it. Easy women at first become big problems later. What were consensual one night stands turn into rape charges. Future revelations may prove me wrong, but from what I've read about the victims so far, this seems to be the case.

Posted by: Damon ()
Date: December 8, 2010 02:37

his rape charge is based on not wearing a condom ? that's the law in sweden ?

also the accusers had nothing but good things to say about him in september ?

something is fishy

anyways...I would never want to put that much heat on myself
he has to be a psychotic to be able to take that kind of stress
most politicians are the same... no guilt.

Date: December 8, 2010 02:40

ROPENI
He was arrested for rape and other sex crimes against underage girls,nothing to do with the documents,IF he is guilty of the sex charges,then screw him and let him rot in jail,the leaked documents is another story.

That's not true, ROPENI. The, alleged, victims are grown women, not underage girls. Since all this happened in Sweden I have studied the case. I won't go into specifics but you can trust me on this: he hasn't commited any rape, the allegations are false. Maybe they can sentence him for a lesser crime, but even that is not very plausible.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 8, 2010 02:45

Stoneage
ROPENI

That's not true, ROPENI. The, alleged, victims are grown women, not underage girls. Since all this happened in Sweden I have studied the case. I won't go into specifics but you can trust me on this: he hasn't commited any rape, the allegations are false. Maybe they can sentence him for a lesser crime, but even that is not very plausible.

stoneage, l prefixed my comments with a big "IF",but since according to you,"you have studied the case" then if the girls were not underage and were willing participants,then l stand corrected by you. Thanks.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: December 8, 2010 03:06

Beast
[www.rawstory.com]

How interesting Beast. I was gonna say I bet the CIA or NSA know these women real well. When are people gonna get a clue to what is really going on?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 8, 2010 03:07

There's some kind of curious balance between what we would like to know, should know, don't know, haven't got a friggin' clue about .... about all that goes on in the world around us. Right now, your ass and my ass might have been just been 'saved' from heaven knows what catastrophe because someone in the FBI, CIA, MI5, MI6, Mossad (whatever service you care to name) has just enacted some superhuman deed and duly saved it. Do you or I need to be privy to the gory details of what they did, how they did it, who they corresponded with in the build up to whatever the blazes it was they did, etc etc ? NO, not really. I personally don't give a toss. It's mostly dirty filthy gossip that's bring leaked, and it belongs in a dirty filthy basement, it ain't "life threatening" for the most part. Jeez you guys n' gals in the U.S. of A, someone please pull out a large revolver and wave it menacingly in front of Sarah Palin, the woman's a positive maniac !! It's no good, she's gotta go. Drown her, feed her to the polar bears, but get her the f**k out of Dodge ..... !! For the sake of humanity !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 8, 2010 03:15

To those of you who wants Assange shot:

Can we please get an explanation as to why?
They still haven't found a real crime that he has committed (except the rape charges which are another story).

He has only given the media and the public information. People do this all the time. It's part of a democratic society. If America or any other administration goes nuts because of this; perhaps it's because they're being exposed with their pants down.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: December 8, 2010 03:22

People asking for his head don't really care about his rape accusations. I can't understand all the hate just because he published some documents.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 8, 2010 03:26

paulywaul
There's some kind of curious balance between what we would like to know, should know, don't know, haven't got a friggin' clue about .... about all that goes on in the world around us. Right now, your ass and my ass might have been just been 'saved' from heaven knows what catastrophe because someone in the FBI, CIA, MI5, MI6, Mossad (whatever service you care to name) has just enacted some superhuman deed and duly saved it. Do you or I need to be privy to the gory details of what they did, how they did it, who they corresponded with in the build up to whatever the blazes it was they did, etc etc ? NO, not really. I personally don't give a toss. It's mostly dirty filthy gossip that's bring leaked, and it belongs in a dirty filthy basement, it ain't "life threatening" for the most part. Jeez you guys n' gals in the U.S. of A, someone please pull out a large revolver and wave it menacingly in front of Sarah Palin, the woman's a positive maniac !! It's no good, she's gotta go. Drown her, feed her to the polar bears, but get her the f**k out of Dodge ..... !! For the sake of humanity !!
thumbs up>grinning smiley<smoking smileycool smileyhot smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 8, 2010 03:27

TippyToe
Edith Grove

Um, he did spill secrets about China:

Top Chinese officials led Google hacking: WikiLeaks

Yeah, first I heard of this.

I suppose he feels safer in jail now.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 8, 2010 03:27

Nice to see things go wrong for the government.....and a little truth seeps out.
After the Patriot Act and various court rulings, the erosion of the bill of rights is rather upsetting, so I'm grateful for any honesty. Even when it gets delivered like this, for a greater good.
The sex charges can indeed be a smear, the leaks having confirmed how governments operate.

"The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them." --Thomas Jefferson.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: December 8, 2010 03:37

he is a moronic idiot,, who is sacrificing our liberties, our safety

and he is no journalist,, what has he investigated and reported on,,,

he just dumps info on a website,,,

so when someone you know and love loses there life from a terrorist,

when the economy is affected, and you have no employment

well you can thank wikileaks, and Mr Assange ,, then let the party begin for you guys,,

when the safety of our beloved countries (mine being Canada) is overwhelmed with threats,, all you worshippers of him can be very proud,,,

real journalist know where there is a line a limit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-08 03:50 by northernale1.

Date: December 8, 2010 03:37

paulywaul
Jeez you guys n' gals in the U.S. of A, someone please pull out a large revolver and wave it menacingly in front of Sarah Palin, the woman's a positive maniac !! It's no good, she's gotta go. Drown her, feed her to the polar bears, but get her the f**k out of Dodge ..... !! For the sake of humanity !!

Awww, paulywaul, please don't go getting jealous of our Intellectuals. It's a little know fact that they all hang out together in Columbus, Ohio (see clip). We like to keep a lid on all this info cause if the whole world knew that most our high thinking genius level peps lived there, well, where do you think the next terrorist attack is gonna be? Just please don't spread around this vital, hush hush information - PLEASE. These people are so super sonically brilliant that most of what they're saying in this clip is going way over my head - no comprehendo ")......

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 8, 2010 03:48

hero

Date: December 8, 2010 03:50

It's comments like yours, Rockinbud, that closes threads. Have you ever heard of netiquette? To the subject: The prosecutor in this case is a feminist. Laws concerning sexual crimes has been very politicized (influenced by feminism) in Sweden these days. That means that the rule of law has diminished for men in Sweden. The burden of proof has changed somewhat from the plaintiff to the defendant.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 8, 2010 03:50

Yeah some hero. He takes stolen classified information that puts many innocent lives at stake in doing so. Some hero.

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: December 8, 2010 03:52

paulywaul
Jeez you guys n' gals in the U.S. of A, someone please pull out a large revolver and wave it menacingly in front of Sarah Palin, the woman's a positive maniac !! It's no good, she's gotta go. Drown her, feed her to the polar bears, but get her the f**k out of Dodge ..... !! For the sake of humanity !!

Are you confusing Sarah Palin with Hilary Clinton? She's the one who illegally ordered American diplomats at the UN to spy on diplomats there from other countries.
[www.guardian.co.uk]

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 8, 2010 03:52

CrissCrossMind
paulywaul

Awww, paulywaul, please don't go getting jealous of our Intellectuals. It's a little know fact that they all hang out together in Columbus, Ohio (see clip). We like to keep a lid on all this info cause if the whole world knew that most our high thinking genius level peps lived there, well, where do you think the next terrorist attack is gonna be? Just please don't spread around this vital, hush hush information - PLEASE. These people are so super sonically brilliant that most of what they're saying in this clip is going way over my head - no comprehendo ")......

Makes Mulberry look like a think tank.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2500
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home