Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Keith competition: THE WINNERS are..... Signed books
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 7, 2010 14:12

BV has just informed me that he has picked the two winners of the "signed copy of LIFE competition" on iorr.

Congratulations to JumpingKentFlash of Denmark smileys with beer
Here's his entry:
In Janurary my wife and I will have our first child. It's gonna be a boy, and we'll name him Jonas. I've been searching for
a special present to give him on the day of his birth. I already bought some Stones t-shirts for him, but I feel it's not
special enough. As he's gonna be a Stones fan like his daddy, I'd like to be able to give him the book for a present. And
what better present to a newborn than a book called "Life"?

and Congratulations to Riffbuk of Portugal. smileys with beer
Here's his entry:
Rock´n`Roll is my religion The Rolling Stones my Gods, and Keith Richards is the Prophet & Messiahs. Why should I want his
book autographed? Its the closest that I´ll be with him. I ´ve listen more to his music then to my parents advices. I buy
more Stones related things than I could afford. None of my girlfriends lasted more than my relation with the Stones, When I
was younger I even broke with one because she didn’t like them. I went to all their concerts in my country .He changed my
life, now I want his "LIFE".

(I've communicated with Riffbuk, so he knows he's a winner - and fortunately, he's married to a Swedish lady, and reads some Norwegian. That should come in good!)

The books will be posted as soon as Kent gets in touch to give me his address. Kom nu igen, mand! Det var et fantastisk bidrag og du vant fortjent!

I totally support BVs choice of winners. I hope the books reach you guys before Christmas! thumbs up

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-07 15:55 by Addicted.

Re: And THE WINNERS are..... (Signed "LIFE competition")
Posted by: Rockandosis ()
Date: December 7, 2010 14:16

Congratulations guys !!!!

A great gift for Christmas!

Cheers!

Fabiosmileys with beer

Re: And THE WINNERS are..... Signed "LIFE competition"
Date: December 7, 2010 14:27

Congratulations! It is a great feeling, having the book signed by the master himself. Enjoy it!

Date: December 7, 2010 14:30

DandelionPowderman
Congratulations! It is a great feeling, having the book signed by the master himself. Enjoy it!

Yes, and you should know, DandelionPowderman! Winning the Keith richards quiz/trivia at the release party - and a signed book. Very well done!

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: December 7, 2010 14:39

congrats the both of yous:

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 7, 2010 14:41

Congratulations to you both....well done. Both great stories!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 7, 2010 14:58

Congratulations! I bet Kent will get a real nice fetch at ebay....nevermind Jonas! Just kidding....you 2 deserve it......I reckon

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: December 7, 2010 15:02

Congratulations to the winner - And thank you Addicted for giving away the books.

Looks like fate is preventing me to own a signed Life - I was unlucky having my book signed in Paris last month too!

:-)

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 7, 2010 15:09

Congratulations to the winners smileys with beer

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 7, 2010 15:12

Congratulations, mates. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: December 7, 2010 15:18

gwen
Congratulations to the winner - And thank you Addicted for giving away the books.

Looks like fate is preventing me to own a signed Life - I was unlucky having my book signed in Paris last month too!

:-)
Oh - I absolutely had no idea there was a signing session in Paris.
(Except the session Keith did signing the books for various competitions in Norwegian media...)
Where was the signing session in Paris, exactly???

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 7, 2010 15:23

Super, looks like 2 (real) fans won !!! Congrats to both of them.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: December 7, 2010 15:25

Congratulationssmileys with beersmileys with beer

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 7, 2010 15:55

Worthy winners.Congratulations to you both and big thanks to Addicted and Bjornulf for all their great efforts. thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Re: Keith competition: THE WINNERS are..... Signed books
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 7, 2010 16:02

Congrats to the winners!
Merry Christmas!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 7, 2010 16:03

Congratulations and Merry Xmas to the winners!

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: December 7, 2010 16:09

Addicted
Where was the signing session in Paris, exactly???

There was none. But signing sessions are not the only way to get signatures.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 7, 2010 16:10

Congratulations to the winners! Nice stories, by the way!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 7, 2010 16:15

congratulations to the highly deserving winners!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 7, 2010 16:30

DandelionPowderman

Even if you can't read the book itself?

But whatever: congratulations to both winners! Learn Norwegian, now you've a good reason. Don't let it pass you bywinking smiley.

Date: December 7, 2010 16:37

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

But whatever: congratulations to both winners! Learn Norwegian, now you've a good reason. Don't let it pass you bywinking smiley.

The Portugese winner used to live in Sweden, has a Swedish wife and can read the Scandinavian languages.
JumpingKentFlash is a Dane, and Danish and Norwegian are very closely related - particularly written. Orally there are major differences.
So those two winners will have NO PROBLEM reading the book. Hope you're not too disappointed about that, kleermaker... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: December 7, 2010 16:52

Thank you Dear Addicted for starting this competition and giving away this most precious book!
Thank you Bjornulf for choosing my post! It came from the same place where the Stones are.... from my heart

Its indeed a honor to win this competition together with my good friend Kent,( Or Kent Richards, like I call him)!

It will be the most precious book in my collection,( Im a bibliothecarian)
And the two of you just made this Christmas very special.

I will treasure it and one day( a very far day I hope) i will give it to my kids, who are also Rolling Stones fans since their birth, ( I used to put Bach, Mozart and Rolling Stones while my wife was pregnant from them)

Tusen tack till er båda

Date: December 7, 2010 16:54

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

From what I understand, Riffbuk can read norwegian. As a dane, it certainly is a walk in the park for Kent.

Date: December 7, 2010 16:59

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

From what I understand, Riffbuk can read norwegian. As a dane, it certainly is a walk in the park for Kent.
Exactly - but now we've ruined the night for kleermaker. Twice.

Date: December 7, 2010 17:02

Riffbuk
Thank you Dear Addicted for starting this competition and giving away this most precious book!
Thank you Bjornulf for choosing my post! It came from the same place where the Stones are.... from my heart

Its indeed a honor to win this competition together with my good friend Kent,( Or Kent Richards, like I call him)!

It will be the most precious book in my collection,( Im a bibliothecarian)
And the two of you just made this Christmas very special.

I will treasure it and one day( a very far day I hope) i will give it to my kids, who are also Rolling Stones fans since their birth, ( I used to put Bach, Mozart and Rolling Stones while my wife was pregnant from them)

Tusen tack till er båda
And thank You, Riffbuk. Your entry was very touching - and now that I know you're a man who works with books - in the library - I understand why I fell for your post. It was a pleasure reading it - and in particular - mailing you with the results! I'm just waiting for a word from your friend Kent, so I can get his address and send you the books.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 7, 2010 17:18

GREAT!!!!! So where do I send you my address? Wow, I'm totally at a loss for words.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: December 7, 2010 17:21

Congratulations to both winners!

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: December 7, 2010 17:41

Congrats!

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 7, 2010 17:56

Addicted
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Exactly - but now we've ruined the night for kleermaker. Twice.

Not at all. I'm glad for both guys. But they always say the Danish and Dutch languages are so similar (just like Swedish, Norwegian and Danish). And indeed Danish football players often speak very quickly and very well Dutch. (Don't know about the Norwegians). But it doesn't work the other way around. I've seen some great Danish movies the last time but I didn't understand the language at all. It sounded very un-Dutch to me. Rather Chinese than Dutch, so I couldn't make any chocolate out of it (a Dutch saying).

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 7, 2010 18:17

Good entries guys. Enjoy!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1759
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home