Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick's theory that Keith is jealous of his knighthood
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 6, 2010 00:07

um, no.

When Keith says "paltry honor" he means it.

Re: Mick's theory that Keith is jealous of his knighthood
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 6, 2010 00:29

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: December 6, 2010 00:31

Why is Keith so possessive of Mick? Why does he talk shit about Mick's solo records, etc. He acts like an obsessive husband or boyfriend. "Well if I can't have you, no one can"

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: December 6, 2010 00:58

Ironically, Keith has often said that it's Mick who acts possesive, that he didn't like that Keith had other friends such as Parsons, etc.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 6, 2010 01:19

It wouldn't be a paltry honor if the Queen were to ring up Keith and ask if he'd like to become A KNIGHT! Keith has been sounding like a spoiled brat for quite a long time now and the less Mick says, the worse Keith looks!

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: December 6, 2010 01:37

Mick and Keith are two totally different people. They have the same likes in music, both like to travel, but they have little else in common. People have said they are opposites.

Over time, their differences became more noticable. Mick was never into drugs to the extent that Keith was. Mick was always more sensible, classy, enjoyed going to parties and socializing, even back w/ Marianne. Keith was always rough and rugged, liked to get wasted and hide from the limelight in a drugged-out, drunken haze. Without Mick in his life, where would Keith be today? Seriously?!

Keith says sometimes he "misses his friend", but Mick is the same guy as in their younger days who just developed the same interests he always had. Maybe they weren't as noticable back then, but they were surely there. Keith acts like Mick is a totally different person, but he's really not. Who was responsible for getting the band started, getting their apartment, etc? Brian and Mick were the two who got the band going. Mick has always taken on a lot of responsibility, and when Keith was nearly jailed and taken out of the picture, Mick kept going. Mick was always somewhat athletic, esp w/ the influence of his father. Mick was intelligent and a hard-working student who got good grades. Today, he's a 67 year old who developed all his interests.

So Mick gets a knighthood and Keith hates the people who tried over and over to bust him and jail him and calls it "a paltry honor": just another dig. Keith moved away from England years ago. If he doesn't want to be knighted, then so be it. Mick seems to love England, since he keeps a mansion or two there. If we have a Sir Paul and a Sir Elton, we certainly should have a Sir Mick. He deserves it. Keith doesn't want it for himself and should never get it.

Who knows if Keith is jealous of it. Keith is somewhat immature, esp by name-calling (Brenda, Her Majesty) and saying, "My d*ck's bigger than your d*ck", and, of Marianne, "while you were missing her, I was kissing her"...I think Keith just doesn't enjoy seeing Mick get accolades, because Mick and Anita hooked up in 1968 or whatever. Keith needs to see that his partner, Anita, got what she wanted. If he can forgive Anita, then he should damned well be able to forgive Mick.

Keith's been abusive, harassing, threatening, intimidating, bullying, and slanderous, telling Mick he's going to "slit his throat" if he goes solo. And Mick's had to go onstage with that. Maybe Mick misses his old friend, too. I doesn't really matter if Keith is jealous of Mick's knighthood or not. The bottom line is that Mick should be a knight and Keith should not.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 6, 2010 01:49

The bottom line is that Mick should be a knight and Keith should not

YEP that's about it .. Keith is better off greetin' every daybreak after just bein' pure and simply nighted ....

ROCKMAN

Date: December 6, 2010 02:03

Rockman
The bottom line is that Mick should be a knight and Keith should not

YEP that's about it .. Keith is better off greetin' every daybreak after just bein' pure and simply nighted ....

LOL... Clever. And I think Keith is happy with that kind of "nighting"!

Date: December 6, 2010 02:07

>>Without Mick in his life, where would Keith be today?<<

Without each other, where would they be today?

What does all of this matter anyway?

Mick's smooth talking and Keith's shit talking is just part of the act. Has been forever. It's what they do.
If you take everything they say at face value, then I have some beachfront property in Arizona I need to get off of.

Let them boys talk their talk and begin taking them seriously if/when the tour announcement comes.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 6, 2010 02:07

Rockstar knighthood is an oxymoron. You can't pretend to rebell against society and then accept accolades from the same society. It simply looks ridiculous. I suppose next one in line is Johnny Rotten?

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: December 6, 2010 02:50

Very good points Riverrat.

I think Keith was jealous of the knighthood. He would've loooooved all the attention.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 6, 2010 03:48

Edith Grove

Mick's smooth talking and Keith's shit talking is just part of the act. Has been forever. It's what they do.
If you take everything they say at face value, then I have some beachfront property in Arizona I need to get off of.

Let them boys talk their talk and begin taking them seriously if/when the tour announcement comes.

+1

the "Keith vs Mick" talk is getting to be as boring as Woody vs Taylor threads...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 6, 2010 04:00

+2 for me Swiss and Edith G

Date: December 6, 2010 04:16

Rude is rude. And Keith is rude....dude.

Posted by: Damon ()
Date: December 6, 2010 05:18

Mick sold out taking that award but he probably sold out long before
upper crust high society and all that...

I am not Mick I am not in his shoes I would like to have said
take your award and shove it up your ass

power to the people and all that jazz

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 6, 2010 07:30

I will never understand Keith slagging off Mick in the press. It really does sound like sour grapes.

Charlie should most certainly be knighted. He deserves it, he's perfect for the role and he'd appreciate it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-06 13:41 by Bliss.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: December 6, 2010 07:34

This is a classic line from Keith: "I wouldn't let that family near me with a sharp stick let alone a sword" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 6, 2010 10:41

Stoneage
Rockstar knighthood is an oxymoron. You can't pretend to rebell against society and then accept accolades from the same society. It simply looks ridiculous. I suppose next one in line is Johnny Rotten?

Since I don't live in a monarchy I don't really get the point of knighthood - I suppose it is basically a way to honour some extraordinary citizens that have contributed somehow their country.

Well, as far as the rock stars of the old days - 60's/70's, when the rock really mattered - go they are kind of Robin Hoods of the modern days, and I suppose King Richard The Lionheart would not have had a problem in knighting Robin Hood, right? The moral: these out-law rok and roll stars - that have done culturally a tremendous job for England - and their rebellous image is such a romantic thing of the past - as the tales of Robin Hood - that to think that they are a threat to a modern society is such a silly thing to do. It is exactly the opposite. An society needs such critical voices - sometimes even "counter-cultural" - now and then to keep it honest and flexible in order to change and develop. Only Keith Richards - and some his blind followers - seem to live in the premises of the 60's still. That's so romantic but also very naive. Namely, the 'society' had also changed a lot from those days. It is not the same people in power - expect the Queengrinning smiley - that runs the "establishment". There have been PM's of UK, and presidents of the US, that been the fans of The Stones. No one wants to put The Stones to jail anymore - they just want them into museums, give them medals and knighthoods and whetever, because that is what they deserve. They are heroes of the people who are now in power.

I think for British people to have people like Queen amd Sir Mick - and even Keith - is safe and sure - that despite everything's changing so rapidly, and future's being uncertain, and PMs come and go, there is something that foundation-like exists for good.

So I think that Jagger's knighthood was a logical move. It also represents the status and 'political' significance of rock culture actually has: part of the establishment. Jagger's very much the icon of British rock music - his "bad" reputation is part of the coin, and without it Jagger would not have been an icon. But Keith's whining about it is very much acting according to a certain role - like it is still 1967. Maybe that is comfortable to some ears as well. I guess some romantic followers of rock culture wish also that it is still like in the 60's and the 70's: "Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?", as someone once sang... >grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-06 10:57 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 6, 2010 11:13

Edith Grove

Without each other, where would we be today?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 6, 2010 11:15

swiss
the "Keith vs Mick" talk is getting to be as boring as Woody vs Taylor threads...

Thank you. Now I know I am not the only one

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 6, 2010 11:21

Rolling Hansie
swiss

Thank you. Now I know I am not the only one

Well, I guess you two can send your thank yous to Keith Richards for making this issue such a central one now.

- Doxa

Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: December 6, 2010 13:12

I'm not very fond of knighthoods because unlike honours such as the Légion d'honneur, they seem to imply an acceptance of a traditional class order (although of course the increasing diversity of the recipients implies something else) but I'm not that bothered. The Stones were always fond of being Majesties, carelessly brushing aside Backstreet Girls and so on, so a knighthood doesn't really seem out of place.

Date: December 6, 2010 14:47

mickschix
It wouldn't be a paltry honor if the Queen were to ring up Keith and ask if he'd like to become A KNIGHT! Keith has been sounding like a spoiled brat for quite a long time now and the less Mick says, the worse Keith looks!

Keith IS a natural born Knight, sweeties - and one in shining harmour!
No King nor Queen that can add anything to thát.

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 6, 2010 15:13

MY solution for the future of the band and the 2012 tour!

IT'S HERE!
[www.marriagemax.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-06 15:14 by dcba.

Date: December 6, 2010 15:18

TrulyMicks
I think Keith was jealous of the knighthood. He would've loooooved all the attention.

...Who needs knighthood if you're starring in a Disney production... drinking smiley

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 6, 2010 15:46

Edith Grove

Well said. I don't think Keith was exactly Happy about Mick's knighthood, but I don't think he cares so much either.

When I watch the video in the second post, I think neither Mick neither Keith are serious. They just answer a stupid question. And what shall they do? Shall they sit down and think deeply how to best formulate their opinion when they do a shity interview like that? Give them an inteligent interviewer with intelligent questions and the resull will be different. Keith's interview from the NY library is a proof.

Date: December 6, 2010 16:25

Rolling Hansie
Edith Grove

Without each other, where would we be today?

Wouldn't be here, that's for sure.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 6, 2010 16:34

Maybe they just reflect their class values. Mick is middle class, Keith is working class. But it's unworthy to sneer at a friend and colleague's achievements and accolades, even if you don't admire them.

If my friend wins a prize for having the most beautiful baby, or the best dog in the dog show or baking the best cherry pie, what kind of friend am I to jeer at that, even if I think it's ridiculous?

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: December 6, 2010 17:09

Knighthood,, i agree with keith,, bullshit,, should have never accepted it,,
and anyone who he would if keith got the call he would accept,, to hell he would,,

keith is Rock & Roll ,, mick has become the & ,,

just like if the stones ended now,, keith would have a rock career,,

mick may be able to have a career as one of those mix and scratch DJs

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 6, 2010 17:47

In the WARHOL DIARIES, Andy relates painting portraits of the beautiful wives of wealthy Swiss industrialists, and how he was surprised how these Swiss men constantly told their wives they were ugly. Someone told Warhol, "Swiss men put their wives down a lot to keep them humble." It made me think of Keith's regular barbs against Mick!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home