Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Will Bård Oses book ever be updated (for Scandinavian fans)?
Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: December 4, 2010 22:39

In 1993 radiohost/author/quizmaster Bård Ose released a really nice Norwegian Stones book called "30 years with RS" - basically a track by track "analysis" of the records up to Flashpoint. Its charmingly flawed and subjective but its been with me everywhere, in every apartment, in every room, with every girlfriend. Basically, I understand this as I write it, its the most steady and healthy relationship I have ever had. smiling smiley

With the 50th anniversary coming up and all, have anybody heard anything about an update?

Re: Will Bård Oses book ever be updated (for Scandinavian fans)?
Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: December 5, 2010 00:03

.....or a part 2. A recomended book. For those scandinavians who don't have it - Look in second hand stores. It's well worth to try to get a copy.

Per-Arne

Date: December 6, 2010 11:16

A part 2 would be great. However, I felt the Beatles track-by-track book he did some time later was better laid out - binding, size, layout, typo etc, so I would def buy an update just for that reason. My Stones book is in shreds.

Perhaps Bård is waiting for that inevitable final album before committing to an update?

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 6, 2010 12:12

I asked him about an updated version while we were in Paris, and he interviewed Keith. He says it's something he'd like to do, but he doesn't have the time, yet. He's very thorough and wouldn't dream of doing just a semi-good job.
And yes - the first book (from '93) is very good indeed. And sold out. If you're lucky, you can find a copy in a secon hand store, like Per-Arne says, but it's hard. People who have a copy seldom want to let it go...

Date: December 6, 2010 12:44

Thanks for the info, Addicted smiling smiley

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 6, 2010 13:55

No problem!
Here's a photo of the Autors - Keith R. and Bård. O. in Paris on Nov. 8th.
They spoke for an hour - the longest interview Keith did while speaking to press on this occation in Paris.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1775
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home