Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones summit on December 7.
Posted by: homerus ()
Date: December 3, 2010 01:45

" The 'Stones Summit', which Keith has already spoken about to happen this month, will take place on December 7.
Whatever comes off from it - we'll let you know ASAP. Let's all hope for the best: a new album and tour! "

[stonesnews.com]

Strong possibilities for the Stones to tour 2011-2012 !

Re: Stones summit on December 7.
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 3, 2010 02:57

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 7, 2010 08:17

homerus
" The 'Stones Summit', which Keith has already spoken about to happen this month, will take place on December 7.
Whatever comes off from it - we'll let you know ASAP. Let's all hope for the best: a new album and tour! "

Its the 7.12.2010 today.. it must be something like 7.15am in Britain.Is there anything in the London morning newspapers about The Stones summit supposedly today...or any word on the street..yea'..smoking smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 7, 2010 08:25

How can anybody report anything from that? Isn't it a closed meeting attended by only the four of them?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 7, 2010 08:55

According to Jeroen today the Stones will announce the tour starting in Arnhem....
Cheers! Have another one winking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 7, 2010 09:51

Yeah, its a closed meeting.
Maybe after... there will be some newssnips, just like in 1994.
bye jeroen

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 7, 2010 10:32

homerus

[stonesnews.com]

homerus
It is definitive :

LiveNation will make Rolling Stones final farewell tour 2011-2012 !

It will be a two years mammoth world tour only in stadiums.

Live Nation and Stones wants to present in their fans, the most spectacular show ever. The first thoughts for the stage has already begin.

Tour dates are about to anounced till end of November. The 2011 leg probably will held in America and next year in Europe. The band wants to play in cities and countries thah never been in the past or has many many years to go.

homerus
As days passed the possibilities for Stones to make their final world tour are become more and more possible.
The new tour as rumors says, will start next August or September from South America (Buenos Aires,Sao Paolo,Rio de Janeiro), then north america.
Summer 2011 will be the European leg of the tour which will finished with a second leg summer 2012.
Except these, there are rumors that the band will play in cities and countries that has never or very few times play in the past, like Seoul, Venezuela,Chile,Uruguay,Israel,Lithuania,Athens,Istanbul,Sofia,South Africa,etc.
Announcements about March 2010.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 7, 2010 11:05

that shidoobee thread is here if someone wants to follow it
[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

Rolling Hansie, it's not necessarily wrong what homerus said then - there were serious plans.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 7, 2010 11:16

I don't believe in a "final" Tour" except for ad purposes. Leaks have been in some papers in France that they will be in Paris in July 2012 ( at least 2 shows to amortize the anticipated enormous costs).

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 7, 2010 12:11

I keep hearing tour start in Europe in June 2011.

That they've apparently already booked places to play and stay!

Glastonbury mentioned again. Allegedly because Mick's particularly keen on doing that prestigeous job.
This has not been confirmed by the Stones org, but if tour start's in June - they're going to have to announce something really soon!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 7, 2010 12:19

Addicted

That would be great, we in Europe would not have to wait another year. It would be great if there was something comming out of the meeting today. I don't expect a tour announcement, that would be out of the blue, eventhough the speculations are circulating for a long time. But at least something. Come on. Am I getting overexcited?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 7, 2010 12:25

Addicted

Glastonbury mentioned again. Allegedly because Mick's particularly keen on doing that prestigeous job.
This has not been confirmed by the Stones org, but if tour start's in June - they're going to have to announce something really soon!

<<< I keep hearing tour start in Europe in June 2011. >>>

Ah .... rumours rumours rumours ! Don't we just love 'em ?

I heard a good one the other day ... apparently the sun rises in the east and sets in the west ? What a load of bollocks, everyone knows that's not true !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: December 7, 2010 12:29

Maybe you'll finally get to shout soon, Pauly? winking smiley I hear something is gonna happen in Europe this summer.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 7, 2010 12:39

Can anyone speculate on why they would start in Europe this time around?

Date: December 7, 2010 12:40

bustedtrousers
Lorenz

Rolling Hansie, it's not necessarily wrong what homerus said then - there were serious plans.

What the hell, man. Not only did they know that before us, they got a 5 page discussion going about it. Ours was one page, and turned into a snit about how Americans write the date out ass-backwards.

When I was in Jr. High, the bottom row of the last wing of the school had a section of classrooms where they sent the borderline retards for part of the day.

Sometimes I think we must look like that wing to the rest of the Stones-related world.

That really made me laugh grinning smiley it's actually usually like this - the real information always comes first on Shidoobee or Rocks Off.

Date: December 7, 2010 12:47

the most shocking for the guys seems to be that they meet on pearl harbour day eye rolling smiley

stonesdoug just mentioned that michael (I assume he means cohl) will not be part of the new tour.

Date: December 7, 2010 12:47

If they tour next year, it will be somewhere starting from May.
Ronnie said in his Radio show last week, he wants to tour with the Faces from January-till April. !!
Hope we have News Tomorrow!!
but please please No Amsterdam Arena Guys!!
Jeroen

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 7, 2010 12:58

Lorenz
bustedtrousers
Lorenz

What the hell, man. Not only did they know that before us, they got a 5 page discussion going about it. Ours was one page, and turned into a snit about how Americans write the date out ass-backwards.

When I was in Jr. High, the bottom row of the last wing of the school had a section of classrooms where they sent the borderline retards for part of the day.

Sometimes I think we must look like that wing to the rest of the Stones-related world.

That really made me laugh grinning smiley it's actually usually like this - the real information always comes first on Shidoobee or Rocks Off.

Prove that, please!
My impression is that it's iorr which har brought the major news first.
(There was a thread here about that, but I don't have the time to search for it now. I gotta run!)
But it's a problem, Sir, that we have some people on board who have majored in "hijacking threads". They're PhDs in silly talk in threads. They bring in extra questions about spelling, family photos, the American way of writing dates... Yeah, sometimes one has to look really hard to find the good stuff between the posts full of "little girlie shite talk".

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 7, 2010 13:03

I've said it on here before that I thnk the Stones will play Glastonbury 2011 - Jagger's daughter is a regular attendee and she apparently rang him from this year's festival and begged him to do it with the stones. If they don't play it in 2011, they can't do it in 2012 because it's the year when they rest the site. It woudnt surprise me if they did it, but it's a long shot since it's only 6 months away and wouldn't be the usual way to kick a tour off. But, fingers crossed. The festival organiser has already said he has booked the biggest bands in the world, one being U2, so who else could it be but the Stones?

Date: December 7, 2010 13:49

Addicted
Prove that, please!
My impression is that it's iorr which har brought the major news first.
(There was a thread here about that, but I don't have the time to search for it now. I gotta run!)
But it's a problem, Sir, that we have some people on board who have majored in "hijacking threads". They're PhDs in silly talk in threads. They bring in extra questions about spelling, family photos, the American way of writing dates... Yeah, sometimes one has to look really hard to find the good stuff between the posts full of "little girlie shite talk".

I've been on this forum for 10 years or so and it is certainly my favourite - I don't even post on the others. But Stonesdoug from shidoobee is very well connected and Gazza (Rocks Off) knows a lot too - so usually the first sparks come from there. We often have lots of additional information on IORR and especially when it comes to the Stones in Europe "we" are better informed I think. In this specific case it could very well be that it was mentioned here before of course.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 7, 2010 14:36

bustedtrousers
Lorenz

It's swings and roundabouts - some stuff appears first on Shidoobee and other stuff they miss altogether. But am sorry to say that IMHO most of the pages over there on this and other topics can scarcely rate as discussion,... But then they don't rate IORR, so each to their own.

Date: December 7, 2010 14:39

DandelionPowderman
Maybe you'll finally get to shout soon, Pauly? winking smiley I hear something is gonna happen in Europe this summer.

Don't YOU start ... pleeeeeeeease !! eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley

I've had enough of rumours, we've had 'em up the ying yang almost without interruption since the end of ABB. What will be will be. Maybe NOTHING ? Ugh gasp !!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 7, 2010 14:51

So where is this summit taking place, anyway?

Date: December 7, 2010 14:56

It's BOUND to be somewhere nice n' warm wouldn't you think, which rules out London for starters ? Dunno, have we heard any snippets as to where the Glimmers are these days ? We know where Ronnie WAS last Wednesday, but that was then and this is now ............ !! cool smiley cool smiley cool smiley

Date: December 7, 2010 15:00

If U2 play Glastonbury next year, the Stones wont be there, cause Jagger doesnot tolerate Competition because of his enormous Ego!!
(like Bono has no Ego, hahaha)
bye
jeroen

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 7, 2010 16:13

sorry but these days i don't give a ... to gossip talks. and that is not more than that. if anything would get close to any announcement it will be also done via rollingstones.com despite the fact that the site is only of miniocre content it's the official site.
and don't forget to save up some thousand Dollars, Euros, Swissfranks, Kronen or whatever currency in order to attent a couple of concerts. If Live Nation does the ticketing etc and I am pretty much sure that they will be prepared with ticket prices in at least some hundred bucks.

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: December 7, 2010 18:33

what's the word?

gimme the low down
gimme a glimmer...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 7, 2010 19:16

copsnrobbers
what's the word?

gimme the low down
gimme a glimmer...

Negotiations have broken off for tea and biscuits. Keith sent out for some shepherd's pie for breakfast. Charlie is wearing a nice new suit.

More when I get it.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 7, 2010 19:18

copsnrobbers
what's the word?

gimme the low down
gimme a glimmer...

Hey copsnrobbers !
I am looking forward from your Christmas thread smiling smiley

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: December 7, 2010 19:19

Gazza
Keith sent out for some shepherd's pie for breakfast.

No tour - the crust was busted when it was delivered.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1766
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home