Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help with a pic
Posted by: Chris Wood ()
Date: September 15, 2012 03:46

I'm looking for a pic and any info you may have about it. I think it's from the early 80's...black & white...Mick is in the front center shirtless...Charlie in black with his head down...I think Ronnie is in the back and barely visible...Bill to the far left and Keef to the far right.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Re: Help with a pic
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 15, 2012 03:54

DIRTY WORK promo poster & ad

Date: September 15, 2012 03:55

[eil.com]

[www.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-15 03:57 by Glam Descendant.

Posted by: Chris Wood ()
Date: September 15, 2012 04:01

That's the one...thanks for the quick help.

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: September 15, 2012 05:04

That is such a cool pic, but to me seems like it was taken from the Undercover time 1983/84ish... and just used for a DW promo.....maybe not, butI like it regardless.

UC1

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 15, 2012 05:10

Yes, I always liked that pic from when it came out in '86. The thing that immediately struck me about it was Charlie--unusual for him in that he looks so unkempt, whereas he is always so dapper in every other pic, particularly in promo shots, where he would look like the other band members' smartly dressed uncle. But there he is, unshaven, unable even to face the camera lens--my thought at the time was, Hey, Charlie finally made the band, he finally became a Rolling Stone... but, of course, it would only be revealed years later why he looked that way.

Date: September 15, 2012 05:32

Exactly, Charlie's look gives it away as from DW era, not UC. UC promo only had Mick & Keith; I haven't seen any UC promo photos w/Charlie, Bill or Ronnie. Plus Mick's hair was shorter during the UC era.

[www.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-15 05:36 by Glam Descendant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home